Biggest Number of Bad Actors

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B. It has some good women and then a bunch of really bad men. Heather Tom, and Susan Flannery are the only standouts on the show. Ric Hearst is the best male on the show but that doesnt matter as he's had no storyline since coming. The rest are mediocore or really really bad

• Members

Well IMO it's not that Y&R has bad actors per se, it's that the horrible and boring writing are dragging alot of people down. (Believe me, I think the show has ALOT of dead weight, but not as much as other soaps *cough*DaysandOneLife*cough*)

I loved Billy Miller in late 08/early 09 when he was in a good story, but watching him and BORtoria f.uck 24/7 is not interesting in the least. I can't stand his ass anymore, and I am perplexed as to why Daytime Confidential pimps him (and Michael Muhney) so hard.

• Members

DAYS But I think it's also about the direction, etc--I've talked before about how Roark Critchlow graded from the theatre department here at UVIC where I studied for two years and when he returned to give a workshop he railed against DAYS, said it was the only soap (this was ten years back) to still use telepromptors, how they encourgaed static acting, etc.

• Members

Y&R has a lot of issues with their acting.

1) Actors who have been there for ages and just don't seem to care anymore. Morrow. Cooper. Bergman. On a bad day, Stafford and Case. Braeden, even when the show revolves around him.

2) People who are just lost in a sea of pointless, bad writing. John Driscoll. Eden Riegel. Stephen Nichols. Marcy Rylan. Liz Hendrickson. Clementine Ford. Thad Luckinbill. Darius McCrary. Kristoff St. John. Judith Chapman.

3) Played out, worthless characters who do not bring anything to the table anymore, but the show won't give up, and the acting becomes irrelevant. Cane. Lily. Kevin. Daniel. Victoria. Jeff Bardwell.

4) Actors who are limited in what they can do, but the show loves them so continues to cater to them while doing nothing about their bad habits. Michael Muhney and especially Billy Miller, who has almost no chemistry with anyone and has ruined a number of key scenes, like Colleen's death and like the NYE episode that was tailored to him, yet he just did his usual smirking, shouting and mugging. Yet the show just keeps throwing women at him, keeps throwing stories at him, because they assume everyone loves him and they just need to keep plugging away until he finally becomes palatable.

• Members

I remember reading an interview where a DAYS actress said she was surprised when she auditioned for another soap. "They really wanted good actors there" she said without the slightest hint of irony.

I would rate the shows this way:

ATWT: the writing is not great, some stories are boring, but the acting is the best on daytime. With pros like Maura West, Michael Park, Colleen Pinter, Trent Dawson, etc, this is truly THE best daytime cast.

GH: some of the newbies make me cringe, but still the standard is high. Kudos to their casting director.

Y&R: Yes, some of the recent additions are horrendous, but the veterans like Cooper, Davidson and Bergman always ensure SOME great acting.

OLTL: To paraphrase The Who....The Kids Are NOT Alright. If you got rid of the teens , you'd have a decent show. The vets always deliver...HBS, ES, JVD, RW. But he kids on this show are just brutal.

DAYS: a few years ago, this would be the obvious choice. To go decades without an Emmy acting nomination must tell you something. But I've come to the conclusion that it isn't just the actors. Austin Peck was one of the worst actors I've ever seen on DAYS, but showed wonderful comic ability when he moved to ATWT. Lately , DAYS has been much better )or do I just fel generous today?)

B&B: Yes , there are a few good ones on this show....but when you get beyond Susan Flannery (great) Katherine Kelly Lang and Heather Tom (pretty good), Rick Hearst and Lesli Kay (rarely used)....well, it's all downhill after that. Two words: Ronn Moss.

And The Worst:

AMC: To me, this is the epitome of why people mock soap operas. Over the top hamminess, hair-tossing models, too many catfights, etc. Susan Lucci and Cameron Mathison are two of the worst performers I've ever seen, but they are royalty on this show. AMC: the worst of the worst.

Archived