Biggest Number of Bad Actors

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Passions was on the air, it won by 10 miles. I like Days, but I think the title has to go to them, with OLTL a close second.

AMC is a hard call for me. They have a lot of real talent, but they have some really horrid actors as well. Some HW's seem to get that and focus less on the less talented, but that hasn't seemed to matter over the last few years.

As for Susan Lucci, I might be Erica's biggest fan, but I will freely admit that La Lucci is or hit or miss as an actress. I've seen her completely botch dramatic material. I her seen make melodrama and moments that should be campy, extremely emotional. IMO, depends a lot on her acting partners as well. She and Cam Mathison were horrid together, because he didn't push her to be that much better, because he doesn't push himself, IMO. Eden always brought out the camp in her. Walt Wiley is hit or miss as her acting partner. David Canary seemed to challenge to bring it, as does Vincent Irizarry. She seems to feed off Alicia Mincshew's need to be shrill and over act. Rebecca Budig can bring out a fierce actress in her, or make me cringe when they're "acting" together. Right now, I think the writing and Michael Nouri aren't doing her any favors. For the most part I haven't been able to stand her, her screeching or over acting camp, for weeks. I'm hoping it'll be be better, but yeah. (of course this is all my opinion, and no one has to agree, haha)

Cam Mathison is a different story. I feel like he knows AMC won't fire him and will always write for him, so he just goes with the flow and doesn't even really try. I've seen him do good work as well. Ryan and Gillian were great, he's had some moments since then, but I do think he's stopped even trying.

• Members

If we compare just the under 30 crowd, I'd have say the worst cast is definitely B&B, but that's only from what I've seen. OLTL may very well be the worst. DAYS' teen set is definitely 2nd, although they seem to be rectifying some of that (Bye Mia!)

DAYS had some great actors throughout the 90's... the lack of nominations for the show was definitely a backlash for always having a great turnout at daytime's other televised award show, The Soap Opera Digest Awards. Remember, throughout the 80's and early 90's before the magazine revamped their award nomination process, there'd be years where DAYS would win *every* *single* *award*, and it wasn't just a tiny magazine poll; they were televised. Plus, the whole bloc voting didn't help well for NBC's two lone dramas, DAYS and AW (their number of nominations weren't much either).

• Members

I actually think B&B has one of the strongest (if not the strongest) casts in daytime: Susan Flannery, Katherine Kelly Lang, Ashley Jones, Jack Wagner, Heather Tom, Rick Hearst, Sarah Joy Brown, Kyle Lowder, Kim Matula, Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Alley Mills, Winsor Harmon, a certain returning cast member... GOLD. The only truly terrible actors B&B has are Ronn Moss, Texas Battle (rarely seen) and Drew Tyler Bell (recurring).

Y&R has gotten rid of some of the dead weight lately (Yvonne Zima, Hayley Erin), but Christel Khalil is still bad enough to be ten bad actors.

• Members

I would probably say DAYS. But with Drake Hogestyn gone their number of bad actors got smaller, cause he had to take up at least 2 places for extremely bad acting.

I still say DAYS has the worst cast. Chrystal Chappell alone just can´t save things.

• Members

For the most part I agree, although I have seen terrible actors win Emmys. Natalia Livingston and Jordi Vilisuso to name two. Crystal Chappell and Gina Tognoni seem to both be in the same boat right now. Their characters at Guiding Light suited them to a tee and when GL was canceled they both went back to a previous role. The problem is that those old roles no longer suit them because they both evolved as actors and the characters have devolved into plot devices. Carly and Kelly are nowhere near as complex or interesting as Olivia or Dinah. As a result I think they're both bored senseless and know that there is only so much they can bring to a pointless character in a nowhere story on a show that is foundering and has no idea what to do with them.

IMO Days can't be the worst for as long as OLTL is on the air. OLTL has more great actors; Slezak, Kerwin, VerDorn, Strasser etc. but they also have more crap actors than anyone else, Trevor St. John and Michael Easton prime among them. They both do nothing but sleepwalk through every damn scene no matter how important. I actually prefer watching scenes with Fath and Lavoisier over them. At least JPL and FF try...well sometimes.

Taylor Spreitler has been fired and is now gone, so she doesn't count. Josh Taylor is never on anymore so he doesn't bother me too much. Alison Sweeney isn't bad, she's just stuck on histrionic mode due to her being shoved into Marlena-mode and that's not where she belongs. Sami should still be a supporting character and villian. James Scott isn't terrible either, just over the top but playing a cartoon tends to cause that. And IMO Gering, Christian, and Bjorlin, have all been better over the last seven or eight months.

• Members

Like the emmys matter. Drew Tyler Bell is nominated for an emmy, does that make him a great actor?

For me it's a tie between Days and OLTL but I'll have to give it to OLTL because you kinda expect bad acting from Days.

The majority of actors on OLTL are awful and that includes some of the beloved vets as well.

• Members

I know I'm a fan, but I actually don't think OLTL has the worst actors. There are definitely a handful of them, but I think they come across worse than they are because the writing/storylines. BB and DAYS are worse, I think. Just awful. However, I have to say the worse of the bunch is AMC. That show is just ridiculous. Can't remember the last believable moment or a scene where an actor really sold it. As a whole, they are the worst.

Archived