ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Not sure if these have been posted yet...

This may be old news but I just found out Brett Claywell was almost cast as Sky on OLTL. Obviously went to Scott Clifton instead. I like both actors so whatever.

Were Melissa Archer and Bree Williamson both almost offered the role of Jen Rappaport on OLTL? Jessica Morris was so boring and so lost, though she eventually improved. Bree would have been better as Jen than as Jess. I'm glad Melissa got offered Natalie instead.

Can't believe Alexandra Wilson was offered the role of OLTL's Kelly! Just found that out too. That would have been cool since I like her a lot but if she had been cast, Kelly probably would have been recast in a year, or killed off for good and the character would be forgotten because Wilson was never a very popular actress and she didn't get good material from her role on Another World. I think she's older than Gina Tognoni or Heather Tom, but she always looked younger. And I didn't care for Kelly. Nothing was ever her fault and the writers always tried too hard to make her quirky.

Speaking of Kelly Cramer, I still wish I could block out the Tracy Melchior days. Wish I never saw that. She was so very dull even for Kelly, who I didn't care for as a character. It was like Ken Kenitzer or Tim Gibbs as Kevin, ugh.

Does anyone know what role Bradley Cooper was offered on AMC?

Edited by Mathewson

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bradley wasnt offered a role. He auditioned with Josh Duhmael so Im guessing maybe Trey who Sam Page played

Yeah Alexandea Wilson wouldnt have flown as a teen in 1995. I wonder if Kelly was envisioned older at first

Edited by John

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jackie Zeman in an interview yesterday said she auditoned for both Ryan's Hope and One Life to Live and she got both roles, but took the OLTL role instead; also two weeks ago Sarah Brown had an interview and she said that when she left GH back in 2001, she actually mentioned Laura Wright's name as a potential recast, but then Tamara got the role instead

• Members

What about roles actors declined? Some I've heard over the years:

Bill Bell offered Gregg Marx a role on Y&R shortly after Gregg left As the World Turns, but the role was turned down. I'm thinking the character was Dr. Steven Lassiter, but not 100% certain on that.

Terry Lester was offered Buzz Cooper on Guiding Light but turned that role down to take Royce Keller on As the World Turns.

Marcy Walker was offered a role on B&B in 1993 but turned that role down to take Tangie Hill on Guiding Light. I'm thinking the B&B role was a recast Kristen Forrester, but again not 100% certain.

Kimberlin Brown turned down Amanda Spaulding on Guiding Light and instead returned to B&B in the fall of 1995.

Michelle Stafford turned down the recast Annie Dutton on Guiding Light that later went to Signy Coleman.

• Members

Cool, haven't heard about some of these....

was this Amanda Spaulding role they offered to Kimberlin another psycho?

I haven't seen a lot of Annie Dutton other then I know she was psychotic and CW played her.......So it would have been up Stafford's ally......too bad she didn't take that role or so we would have been spared.....