TVGuide- ATWT: "Nuke"lear Meltdown

• Members

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/soaps/as-the-world-turns-nuke-lear-meltdown-5094.html

14733.atwt_lg_soaps.jpg

As the World Turns' Nuke-lear Meltdown

by Michael Logan May 18, 2010 11:57 AM EST

Nuke fans knew this day would come. On the May 28 episode of As the World Turns, Noah (Jake Silbermann) will finally discover that his on-again, off-again lover Luke (Van Hansis) has a new man. Worse yet, it’s Reid (Eric Sheffer Stevens), the smartass neurosurgeon who cured Noah of his blindness. Noah, who will catch Luke and Reid kissing, only has himself to blame since he’s the one who keeps pushing Luke away.

“But he doesn’t see it that way,” Silbermann says. “Sure, the breakup was engineered by Noah, but a doctor hooking up with his patient’s significant other is crossing the line. It’s just too close to home and Noah is furious that this has been going on right under his nose.”

So furious he’ll sock Reid in the chops (June 9). “I think the guy is deserving of a punch, at the very least,” says Silbermann, who doesn’t yet know if Luke and Noah will reunite before ATWT ends its run in September. “They’re pretty broken up at this point, so if the writers are going to put them back together it’ll take some work,” he says. “Plus, a lot of viewers want Luke and Reid to be together, so who knows which way it’ll go? I do think Luke and Noah have established themselves as a couple who can rebound from most anything. We’ll have to wait and see. ATWT has survived 54 years because of audience loyalty. I just hope it all ends in a way that’s respectful to the fans.”

Whatever happens, Luke and Noah will always have Paris. France has gone bananas for the characters, so much so that Silbermann and Hansis were flown to the City of Lights last fall and feted to a fare-thee-well. “They’ve asked us back so Van and I will be going there again in July,” Silbermann says. “We’re really lucky to have such a far-reaching fanbase. The funny thing is, ATWT does not air in France. This is all about YouTube!”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please shut the [!@#$%^&*] up Silbermann!! It's obvious you hate playing Noah...so shut up!! Noah giving Reid a punch is bullshit!! I think Reid could beat the crap out of Noah in a heartbeat!!

• Members

LOL! JS is a horrible actor who hates playing a gay character. Noah dumped Luke so what is he so outraged about? Reid should put a beat down on Noah.

Just like the fans at the luncheon showed much love to ESS/Reid much to the horror of Luke/Noah fans, I bet if ATWT went to France now, they would discover that tons of people are rooting for Luke to be with Reid over Noah.

• Members

All cancelled soaps have crappy final episodes. I expect nothing different from ATWT. The writers indulge in their passions under the guise of giving the audience what they want. I mean, what possessed GL to put Reva and Josh together. Blech.

• Members

I think that the audience probably did want that, although I would have preferred they stay friends.

The GL finale I enjoyed more than most fans seemed to, or should I say I liked the last week, but the Josh/Reva reunion and the Otalia stuff I got the feeling was the show reluctantly going along with what fans wanted.

Archived