Y&R: Discussion for the week of May 17

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would have liked that too. I think it would have been a little easier to take if Abby had been off screen a little longer and came back as a 25 year old. But since this is what we are getting, I'm pretty happy with it. I like MR and I'm glad she's playing a character that is a part of two core families. Given some of the recent casting, I am downright giddy about NuAbby. :lol:

• Members

Lord, now I see why I loved RYAN'S HOPE so much as a kid.

Instead of whining all the time to everyone within earshot about how much you need to be with your son, Victoria, why don't you do the mature and responsible thing, get yo' [!@#$%^&*] together and let God or whichever higher power you choose to believe in decide if and when the time is right for you to be reunited with Reed? I can appreciate a mother desperate for her son's affections, but I can't stand anyone who sits and whines about their problems - or makes really stupid decisions, such as marrying your lover (and the man partly responsible for your losing your marriage and your son) while on a bender - rather than take positive action.

Just sayin'.

And please, do not get me started on this "Adam could still be alive!" business. These idiotic writers wrote the s.o.b. into the worst possible corner (short of becoming a rapist, of course), and now that they did us a favor and rid us of his presence, they can't stick with it? Kiss my big, fat, gay, Black ass!

• Members

For a soap that was supposedly the most progressive (next to DAYS) back in the day, Y&R is relentlessly conservative and old-fashioned. "Reed needs his mother!" Says who? Lots of men and women in this country have grown up without one parent or the other, and they're doing just fine.

Next on Y&R: Lauren greets Michael at the door with a home-cooked meal, today's newspaper, and his favorite slippers between her teeth.

• Members

The whole "Reed needs his mother!" thing is asinine considering that even before the custody ruling, Victoria was barely involved in Reed's life. Another thing that ticks me off is that the writers think it was just Newman genes that created Reed.

Lauren is already a stepford wife. She tolerates Gloria and the rest of Micheal's criminal and annoying family.

• Members

Every time I think of tuning back in,the next pathetic story gets underway.

Having Abby,who should be 9 or 10 be sorased dramatically twice in about 18 months is ridiculous.I'm telling you,Redd and Summer will be 16 by this coming Summer.

Then we have the reality show.Like networks operate out of a small town in Wisconsin!

This textbook of how to drive a show into the ground.

• Members

Reality shows happen everywhere. From big cities, to rural towns to the most obscure locations. Genoa City being in Wisconsin doesnt make this unbelievable or ridiculous at all. I like it bc they are all the rage these days and look at how many young rich debutants get one. Go turn on E! and as long as a girl's family has money it seems they will make a show out of anything even if the girl is a nobody. This stuff with Abby fits right into there

• Members

I know they have Bill and Guliana, Jersey Shore, the Playboy girls, etc. but I think Y&R is trying to be like what Paris Hilton was on her show. That type of reality show I haven't seen in a long time. I guess we can agree to disagree.

I think a lot of young people would watch Abby's show and wonder why a 30 year old is trying to pretend like she's 18.

Archived