OLTL: Discussion for the week May 17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin and Marty have been friends for years. He helped in getting the evidence needed to put Todd away for her rape. DG and SH shared some scenes together a few years back when Todd was accused of raping Blair. I remember thinking then that they shared great chemistry together. I would love to see these 2 as a couple and together to take on Todd. Kevin, Marty, Blair, Tea and Todd share so much sordid history together a monkey could write them an awesome story.

Yes, and of course Marty originally thoguth that Kevin was one of the ones who raped her, along with Todd, Powell, and Zach.

• Members

Robin is not a singer (neither is Susan Lucci though that hasn't stopped her :P ), and no, she's never done musical theatre. When Robin did the Broadway Cares benefit, she acknowledged this and had the idea to bring on fellow cast members to sing "I'll Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" with her: bottom of page http://www.robinstrasser.com/videoclips.html

• Members

OK, again was that a new song or just one I don't know? I know I shouldn't even care but it does bug me I can't find song credits anywhere lol

And yeah, poor Marko. Like I said before, Tam can really dance. I dunno who did that "choreography" (maybe he did lol), but the dude deserved better (he wasn't given any favours that he had to dance it in the dark, while being awkwardly filmed with bad camera angles...)

• Members

Kevin and Marty are both great actors and characters but I have long been of the opinion that a pairing of the two would be like ricecakes. They are both "good" people despite their flaws and edges - they would cancel each other out. Each needs someone different. And it would be a horrible waste to dump Haskell, so I'm sure she's out soon now that once again Michael Easton's flunked with an expendable female lead.

• Members

ITA with you both but as much as I liked Daphnée Duplaix Samuel in the role, I always felt she looked to young to fit in with Kevin, Marty and Todd. I realize the actress is age appropriate for the role (she's 33). She just never seemed to fit in with that group for me, not even Tea. It just felt very forced.

Oh I remember and that's one of the other reasons why I think they would work so well as a couple. They already have a history together with natural conflict.

• Members

Hmm,

I have to say the guy who plays Ford at least knows to emote during these things. The Brody guy just stands there expressionless. The kid who sang the Michael Jackson song wasn't bad I guess compared to the rest of the cast.

I just think this show missed the most important lesson from Glee: people enjoy watching talented singers sing, not amateurish lip synching by some marginal singers at best.

• Members

The times I've watched Glee I've heard a lot of bad autotuning for mediocre-to-poor singers (poor Jane Lynch sounded like Cher on "Believe" when they had her sing...and Finn, no thanks), along with a few good singers who sometimes manage to overcome the mechanics. The actual singing comes across as an afterthought.

I think it's been about the same ratio on OLTL, a few decent singers and many who aren't that great. They just have a much smaller budget.

• Members

I am not a huge Glee fan, but I have to give the kid who sings here credit for giving it his best. His voice is not as pleasing to the ear as some others, but he is clearly a trained singer and makes the entire OLTL cast look like inanimate robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQcIlNXSv8

and this guy has a more soothing voice to the ear and seems to be a good performer too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uod_TAuPuyI

and then there is Starr and Brody.

Archived