OLTL: Discussion for the week May 17

• Members

I'm unabashedly loving the musical. It's got faults for sure- too Starr centric and cheesy with the "true love" junk. But, the production is darn good. And sorry - but Jason Tam is a super triple threat. Love his voice. Suddenly began to think that Markko and Starr might make a good couple. Loved the ending with Markko watching the video as skanky Langston walked in on Fordho.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice try, but the horrible and disgusting images have been permanently seared onto your frontal lobes, and you know it, lol.

This is probably one time where I wouldn't mind President Obama coming on national TV and telling us that we will stand together as a nation and rise above this somehow.

• Members

Starr and Markko looked cute together during that song Markko sang. I hope they go there with them romantically once Markko and Langston's relationship implodes. Starr/Cole need a break, he could have been with Hannah, but they have most likely ruined the chances of that happening.

• Members

I liked "If I Could Turn Back Time", Tika was the best singer on that number, I wasn't really liking anyone else's vocals.

The best part for me was when Markko saw the video of Matthew and Destiny discussing Langston's cheating, I didn't see that one come.

• Members

For me, the only redeeming song out of all the other ones they've rather butchered was 'We Belong'.

But holy crap, if they were trying to capitalize on the popularity of Glee, they're just not doing it. I LOVE Glee, and all I've been thinking is that they would be doing everything ten times better. And now I want the Glee girls to do Pat Benatar. :huh:

I will say, I wanna see what they do with Battlefield, since it's kind of an epic song IMO. I'm almost scared though.

• Members

I thought the songs/numbers on Monday's show were all OK-ish, with the exception of If I Could Turn Back Time, which had some horrible shout-singing and other awful noises, but the worst part was that horrible effect where they were supposed to be standing in front of a clock. Remember on Dark Shadows when they would do Chromakey, and it was so primitive looking that the actors would start to fade into a blue background? How did they get this in 2010??

The opening number at the prom I actually sort of liked, and surprisingly I sort of liked one or two of the 1500 solo numbers Starr had in the episode. I was a bit bewildered by the scene when she was reunited with Cole, as it looked like they were going to run her over, or bust her.

I also liked the quick moment she had with Matthew when they were talking about the old days. It was nice to see Matthew in a scene with someone different.

Was anyone else creeped out with Nate and his "feelings" for Danielle? He looks older every time I see him and when he is leering at her from afar it doesn't make that any better.

Susan Haskell has more chemistry with a letter than she has with Michael Easton.

I wish Roxy wouldn't enable Natalie's worst traits, but I did laugh when she got in that awful line about all of Natalie's "parts."

• Members

Did any of you watch the special Suzanne Somers was in twenty years ago, with music from the Pointer Sisters? Totally Minnie. They had a lot of Disney montages set to pop tunes, and some cameos from people like Elton John (or as Minnie said, "OHHH, ELTON!") This Disney-esque type of energy reminds me of that, although I guess they have little in common, aside from the Disney thing. That was one of the first places I heard a lot of Pointer Sisters or Natalie Cole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UYKEw5ZltfA&feature=related

Archived