OLTL: Discussion for the week May 17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldn't they have just left the singing out of this prom event?

I could see doing a prom, but just plain breaking into song while other things are going on(that have nothing to do with said prom) during the middle of the show?! What is this, Cop Rock?!

And the butchering of the Peabo Bryson theme... :rolleyes:

OTOH, I really enjoy Marty hiding the letter from John. It's time for Marty to do something other than be a victim.

• Members

Cop Rock! I was thinking the same thing on Friday when Brody was singing. Can't believe someone else knows about that show.

Oh god. Not Brody and Jess singing 'If I Could Turn Back Time'

I draw the line. Hello mid day reruns of Law and Order. Oh darn. No L&O. But, I found a show about Heaven's Gate. You know. The people who killed themselves to ride on Hale Bop.

• Members

When Brody busted out with the Cher I just about choked on my coffee. And are you seeing these graphics? Lawd...

It's weird, but after two days of this you almost get ysed to it. :P

"Cop Rock", EXACTLY.

And we know how THAT one turned out. :lol:

• Administrator

Tika's voice. :wub: I liked the idea of that "If I Could Turn Back Time" number, but I didn't agree with the superimposed images/graphics (which were horrible!) of them singing in front of the flashbacks. I simple montage/flashbacks would've been better.

• Members

bellcurve, ITA about Marty nabbing the letter, I took a little joy when she did that. You don't just lay back and help along someone as they disrespect your relationship and try to steal your man/woman.

• Members

Wow, it's like Valentini and Carlivati don't even try to hide their gay influences on this show. Cher?! Really? Cher?! The weird greenscreen video that looked like a leftover idea from Rauch's run at OLTL?! :mellow:

Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of shirtless Ford. Hell, David Gregory's hot, but Dear God, throw a f*cking shirt on!

I wonder if OLTL will get the uptick they want because of how absolutely absurd this nonsense is. I could see people tuning in for the WTF is this [!@#$%^&*] factor. There's a more creative way to stick a bunch of kids on one set for three airshows that doesn't involve a ridiculous musical.

• Members

I absolutely loved Susan Haskell in the YouTube clips I've seen from her early days. I want to see some of that fire in Marty again. She doesn't have to be some girl who's spreading homophobic gossip or getting drunk at bars and frat parties. But I want her to do something other than be a crying, tragic mess.

I really, really hope they keep Marty. She's one of the very few characters on this show I can root for.

Archived