OLTL: Discussion for the week May 17

• Members

When Carl busts out the Suzanne Somers specials it's DEFINITELY time for me to take my tail to bed. :lol: And look at dude from Revenge of the Nerds... complete with Don Johnson and Cybil Shepherd name checks. I love how Donald is subtitled like a perp on "COPS" and how we're pretending Walt is still alive.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you guys know that the voices ofMickey and Minnie were married IRL? :wub: He died recently. :( I forget his name, but Minnie's voiced by Russi Taylor who does voices on The Simpsons, was Gonzo on Muppet Babies, as well as Widget the World Watcher if any of you remember that one.

• Members

Speaking of Disney though, and I kind of touched on this the other day, ABC would be wise to try to cross promote the musical and teen storylines with some of their tween/teen programming on The Disney Channel. I mean, when you look at it, Starr and them are no more risque (in some cases, tame in comparison) than the kids of Degrassi shown on Teen Nick.

• Members

SFK you took the words right out of my mouth re Carl's video links (love ya Carl :P )

Was Tam's song a new song? I'd never heard it before. Having seen him in A Chorus Line, the guy can dance his ass off, and I admired that he fully committed to dancing the awful choreography they had him do. And yes, that clock projection effect for Turn Back Time was uber cheap looking.

• Members

I didn't know that about the Mickey and Minnie actors.

I don't know, Suzanne Somers gets on my nerves, but I loved that special way back when. Sometimes you find the best things on Youtube.

He looked pretty good when they made him over. I guess the whole "good looking guy made into a nerd" thing is older than I remembered.

They had Phillip Michael Thomas in a cameo in one of the earlier parts of the special. I think that may have been his highest profile role for a while after Miami Vice...until those psychic commercials. :lol:

I thought he did a good job dancing; as you said, the choreography was the problem. I don't know if they were trying to do popping and locking, but it looked like they were breaking invisible windows with their elbows.

• Members

I was dying! :lol: And holy head voice Markko. :wacko: It's fun to imagine that you have absolutely no prior knowledge of this show or especially of this musical special and you just flipped to this out of the blue... only to find a shirtless man bathed in blue light breaking out in song, and a man of indeterminate ethnicity dancing for his life.

Aww, Destiny's dude got his own number, MJ at that. It was a little weird though when he said all dreamily, "I like 'ballsy.' :wub: "

Archived