Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Members

So, for the past 3 days there's been an appointed liaison between Maria Bell and myself, contacting me via text, at my Atlanta home, &in LA.

I found it odd first of all, that I was being approached as a respected & tenured actor, with theatrical representation in this way.

I was insulted to learn that Maria Arena Bell was "trying" to bring me back. Phooey! After everything I've given and been through on Y&R...

The word TRY shouldn't even be in the mix. A respectful business call would have been appropriate. And so you see, EVEN on a business level.

there is a demonstration of disrespect. I know for a fact Maria made it possible for Eric Braeden's return so how hard did she TRY for him?

I have this to say: It's all contingent upon who is perceived as important, WHO Maria is willing to take lumps 4 & WHOSE bluffs she'll call.

I stand by the integrity of my work and know my value. If anyone would like to discuss business please contact my attorney, Chuck Hurewitz.

I had never watched VR's exit scene until yesterday and I was shocked. What a great way to say goodbye to a veteran actress. :blink:

I don't think what VR wrote sounds crazy. Not when she is talking about the people who ruined the Winters family and insulted actors, history and audience in a number of ways. I am not sure this is the classiest way to do it, but what does she have to lose? She is a smart woman, she is very upset for her own reasons and she could not care less if some people think she is insane. She just wants to be heard and I am sure that she propably tried some other ways that didn't work out before tweeting about it.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. They didn't.

Braeden said ANYTHING & EVERYTHING about EVERYONE.

And Bergman & Walton weren't much better when it came to discussing Sony's paycuts & their (or in some cases their co stars) reactions.

Where was Braeden needing to "sit down" during his negotiations?

Where was Adrienne Frantz & Peter Bergman "needing to sit down" during their comments about his negotiations?

Where was Walton "being professional" walking off set?

Those that can't abide by the double standards they LOVE to set need not try to enforce them where they don't apply.

Unless your White.

Then you're allowed to cuss soap fans out via twitter as you please without consequence.

• Members

Although it was myspace, didn't Farah Fath get boiled in oil recently for such acitvity? I just think the nature of Twitter itself is my problem. It's so quick, so throwaway. If she were releasing well thought out, prepared statements, I think it wouldn't look so bad. Or even if it was in the context of an interview (which she HAS done)

• Members

What consequence is Rowell suffering now, other than a bunch of fans roasting her on message boards? We can say we think she'll be seen as unprofessional, but that's all speculation. Earlier in this thread, you cliamed she's doing fine and is not hurting for work. So I don't know what consequences your'e referring to. She left Y&R of her own volition, after all. I'm sure OLTL adressed the incidents, they just didn't make a public statement about it.

• Members

This is my whole thing or problem with Victoria Rowell. She’s really starting to confuse me to no end, I was all for Victoria (Dru) being back on the show, sending letters and emails to Sony and Y&R. But, now she’s saying one day she wants to come back then the next day it, “I don’t want to go back to that mess of a show”. UGH!!!!!

She keep saying how Y&R is racist not writing for black characters, or not having black writers, and hair stylist for blacks and on an on. My thing is either you want to go back or not. As a black person I know racism still lives but you can change or try to when you do something about it. My old job I had, racist comments was thrown towards me, I still did my work, but I confronted that person and went to the TPTB and told them my situation and it was handle.

My thing is this, you can tweet all day about how Y&R treated you and how MTS put a wig on or this and that. Or you can gracefully pull your head up and go back and try and change the game in the diversity area on Y&R. Because if Maria Assistance is really sending you a text (As unprofessional as it may be) this is the opportunity to go back and help out with thing concerning Diversity.

Because let be honest, Y&R need more then Diversity help at this point, they need writing help for all their characters that are on the canvas.

• Members

The point is not what consequence is Rowell facing.

If Rowell (or Tika, or Daphnee or Debbi or Florencia) were to do what Farah did the response from their respective shows & especially the audience would be TOTALLY different.

But how is her supposedly being "unprofessional" any worse than her White Female Peers?

Roles (especially quality ones) for 40+ Women (especially Women Of Color) are not easy to come by so to use acting jobs as a sole measure of success doesn't wash.

There are plenty of awesome 40+ Minority Actresses that don't work as much as they should (Angela Bassett, Salma Hayek, Lucy Liu, Shohreh Aghdashloo) but are still successful.

Not a chance.

Only recently has Farah had a small cut back in airtime & even that seems to be temporary until OLTL finally decides who Rex's father is & Gigi goes back to school.

• Members

Just jumping in here to say they should have made a public statement about it. FF attacked the viewers who, as much as TIIC refuse to understand it, are the customers. That was just bad management. By remaining silent they tacitly endorsed her behavior. They didn't need to flog her but a simple "We regret that Ms. Fath chose to express herself this way. We value our viewers." would've been a good idea.

Carry on...

• Members

everything, contrary to what you think, is not a statement about racism or some racism-tinged comment, but continue your crusade.

I believe what I said is this particular woman seems to be not all there. She could be black, white, or plaid and I would say that. Her clinging to Y&R while simultaneously selling herself as a "diva" is slightly bizarre. Didn't she for no particular reason make some comment about Vanessa Marcil recently not being diva enough for the clothes she was wearing at the emmys? That's all this woman seems to be about, being a diva--from her own proclamations that she is fabulous and strong, and I believe the word she called herself was "fierce", to the title of her book, to the Vanessa Marcil comment, she sees herself as a Diva and demands we do as well. The problem seems to be she is a Queen without a throne. And that's where Y&R comes in. Didn't she post a year or so ago also that Y&R was interested in her? Who even knows if she is telling the truth?

• Members

After you blamed Black People for Prop 8 whatever you have to say is irrelevent.

Funny how when any other soap actress talks about their experiences on soaps they left they're not accused of "clinging".

But again given your Prop 8 comments it's not surprising.

• Members

well, when 70% of a demographic is in lockstep agreement voting against civil rights, I'd say that's high. Especially when no other demographic reached 70% either for or against. As I recall, you claimed there was no such thing as "high". One has to wonder if 70% doesn't meet your threshold of noticeable bigotry, what percentage is required before you see something as odd? Or am I not allowed to admit this number exists and what it implies?

Archived