Brokeback Nursing Home

Bree

• Members

Some of you know that I used to work at a nursing home. I was there for almost five years and this past June quit my job. My best friend still works there but is now in nursing as a unit secretary. She keeps me updated on the latest dramas. Well, the newest one seems to have come straight out of that movie, except instead of cowboys in Wyoming, it's security guards in Maryland.

The chief of security is a 300 + lb. gay man. Several months before I left, the department got three new guards. My friend developed a crush on one, but he only wants to be friends and she's cool with that. The other sadly died of a heart attack.

The third guard likes my friend and wants a relationship with her, but she only wants to be friends. Now, this is where it gets interesting. All of a sudden, he starts hanging out with his boss, off nursing home time. A lot that some people are wondering what's going on. The boss more or less wants a romance with him but he insists he's not gay. However, he's not denying something is going on and becomes quiet when my friend refers to his boss as his boyfriend.

I'm telling you, it's like General Hospital down at that place. My former department could have its own soap opera:

-The Activities Director is a manic-depressive that still wants her ex-husband, even though he cheated on her with her former best friend and later married her. His second wife is into witchcraft, which scares my old boss because she claims to be a devout Christian. She also got extremely jealous of my friend and I when we started doing karaoke there. She used to be the resident diva, but when the residents and employees wanted us to sing instead of her, she had a [!@#$%^&*] fit. She's not well-liked there at all.

-The Assistant Activties Director is a messed up !@#$%^&*] who hooks herself up with losers and/or married men. She started dating a married professor whose wife at the time was ill, and he dumped her for this woman. They're now married. Before that, she was dating an abusive junkie redneck whose hygiene wasn't the greatest in the world. He would come into the nursing home and ask residents where she was. She think she's Miss Popular, however, many employees and families can't stand her because she acts like she runs the place and tries to tell others how to do their jobs. She's like the Carly Corinthos of the nursing home.

With this wonderful leadership, it's no suprise six people have left Activities in less than two years, then my friend took a nursing job to make more money and get away from them, then days later I told them to shove it. (They decided to try to get me to work evenings without advance notice, and just treat people like they're three-year-olds).

You can't make this stuff up! :lol:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived