B&B: May 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

The confrontation between Jackie and Bridget impressed me. Lesley Anne Down was rocking the desperate cougar angle. Surprisingly good acting from her since she usually goes for the spacey performance. Not this time.

I actually found the whole week strong, the breakdown of Eric and Donna's marriage, Taylor and Whip's steamroom scenes, Stephanie and Eric reuniting, Pam slamming Donna into the pest control truck. Overall, the best week of B&B for a loooooong time.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Donna should sue Stephanie and Pam for emotional distress and kidnapping.

I don't think it sends a good message to have bullies being rewarded for their behavior and acting like it is funny. It is not.

• Members

Why include Stephanie in that? She has no control over Pam or any knowledge of much of what she does to tease Donna. Stephanie hasn´t done anything to Donna. And no, Donna, Stephanie did not kill your mother. :rolleyes:

Glad Donna is out of the picture and Stephanie back in!

• Members

It is a really low woman who will even bother to argue and spitefully take a possession off a woman who is not mentally there and toss it in a pool. There is nothing strong or decent about people who pick on the weak.

• Members

Lemme be the only one to say it---I hate Pam. I hate her stupid, childish stunts...I hate her obsession with Stephanie and Eric...I hate her obsession with lemon bars. Her antics aren't funny---they're pathetic.

Only Pam could make me feel sorry for Donna. And even though I know JG isn't an acting goddess, I feel sorry for the way her character is constantly humiliated for no other reason than her hack HW seems to get a thrill out of it.

• Members

Booooo! Pam's humor is necesary. Too often, she remains the best thing on this show in the mist of the constant Brooke/Ridge/Taylor drivel, Incest messes, and the other crap they dish out. I love her relationship with Donna and the two play off each other pretty well

• Members

That never happened on my screen. Not once did Stephanie approach Beth and began an argument with her. It was Beth who twice came over to Stephanie and started arguing. Both times Stephanie tried to calm her down. And add to that the fact that Stephanie never knew Beth had forgotten how to swim or that the doily was a cherished possession. Had she known that and vistied Beth in order to start a fight, then it would have been really low. But as that never happened, she´s not.

Pam on the other hand is sometimes getting on my nerves. Sometimes I think she´s funny, sometimes I find her annoying and too much and wish she´d give it a rest. Her actions are sometimes really childish.

• Members

Nah, I'm with those upthread.

Look, at the least, leaving such a mentally unstable/highly demented woman alone by the pool was neglectful and irresponsible. If we think of it in these terms: Beth had been reduced to the mental status of a young child--we would have thrown Stephanie in prision for leaving that poor child unattended.

Stephanie deserves significant responsibility for this death, and that was made plain as day.

Stephanie has a long habit of doing reckless things when they support her agenda...SOMEtimes without conscious awareness of where it leads. Brooke's rape is another clear example. I'm not saying Steph wanted Brooke raped or Beth to die (consciously), but her anger issues and agendas allow her to pretty easily put her "enemies" in harm's way.

I think we saw that Pam had over-extended her shelf life when she became best-friends with JM J Bullock's Sergei. She'd become a ridiculous clown, and that was her sole purpose.

Frankly, on the heels of Donna's mother's death and her marital dissolution, and after Donna ASKING Pam not to "mess with her", what Pam did was unacceptably villainous.

• Members

Are Jackie and Bridget going to have this same conversation for the next 8 months? If they are it might be the last time I watch this year. It is painful and does not move the story along at all, so I have to really think do these writers have a story?

Mark H, your post is dead on. Stephanie is an adult and should act like one. BoldBeauty should take off the rose coloured glasses and re-watch because Stephanie was portrayed and written as responsible for Beth's death.

• Members

Nope I don´t need to do that. I watched those episodes and was RELIEVED that Stephanie was innocent. I had read rumors and assumptions of what was going to happen and was "scared" that B&B would write Stephanie as being guilty. But like this played out, I don´t blame her at all. I more blame Stephen Logan who knew Stephanie was living in the guesthouse before deciding to move Beth in there and stressing that Beth shouldn´t be around Stephanie. What the heck was that all about?! :rolleyes: And then he couldn´t keep his eyes on Beth, even taking Beth over to the guesthouse to confront Stephanie. THAT is something no one points out because he´s not an important character that many people either adore or dispises. It´s so much easier to blame Stephanie. :rolleyes:

And I did re-watch. I still stay firm. Stephanie did not kill Beth, what happened was an accident. And if anyone should have been watching over Beth, it should have been Stephen, not Stephanie.

If Beth was "a child" then wouldn´t her caretaker (parents) be held responsible for letting her out of sight and wander off and end up in the pool? Yes.

• Members

Stephanie never should have been living in the guest house. She's a wealthy woman who can afford a place of her own. Why not Whip's apartment since he moved in with Taylor?

The right thing to do would have been to walk away from Beth, not to argue with her. If that left her sitting by the pool to drop her own doily in and swim after it than so be it. But she didn't have to engage in the argument and she certainly didn't have to rip that cloth out of Beth's hands, throw it in the pool and then roll her eyes when Beth freaked out about it and then walk away. Stephanie has no business doing any of what she's been doing, she does not deserve to be rewarded by getting Eric back and she certainly is no innocent and never has been portrayed on this show as one. Too bad Eric will never grow a pair to replace the ones Stuffers has on her bed side and tell that bitch to go back to the hell she crawled out of.

Archived