B&B: May 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Unfortunately, I agree. I think the actresses have good comedic chemistry (for a soap), but this was B&B's chance to turn them into frenemies, instead of making Pam a straight "up bitch and B&B missed the boat. It's one thing for Pam to mess with Donna when Donna is on top and lording her sexual power over Stephenie. It's a whole other ball game when Pam is kicking Donna when she's down. Not just losing Eric down (which is no loss at all, imo), but in serious grief from losing her mother. I would have much rather seen Pam start to screw with Donna and then have Donna start to cry and let them have a "moment".

I agree it was an accident, but I think Stephenie bares some moral responsibility for what happened. Who leaves a person with dementia alone by a pool? It doesn't really matter that Stephenie didn't know Beth couldn't swim anymore. She knew someone with diminished mental capacity was in a dangerous place alone. I also agree it wasn't Stephenie's job to watch Beth, but if you see some mentally impaired person on the edge of a pool I think anyone has a moral obligation to do something about it.

I don't think Stephenie is the only one who bares some responsibility though. All of the Logan children have plenty of money. Why on earth wouldn't Beth have full time care? There should have been a nurse with her at all times. In fact, I was shocked when Eric didn't hire someone immediately when Beth moved in. I was expecting that to be the first words out of his mouth when he agreed to have Beth move in. I also agree that Stephen should not have moved Beth into the Forester home.

Ultimately, this was a sloppy, ill conceived story. It was contrived beyond belief just to set up the ridiculous divorce drama that ensued. Stephenie can be a bitch, but I don't believe she would have left Beth alone. Beth (unlike Brooke) was no threat to her at this point, so I don't see that she had a thing to gain from unconsciously harming her. All of the Logans are loaded and have big homes. Brooke's was the natural place for Beth to stay. In what world would Stephen want to live under Eric's roof? It was just one huge plot hole after another.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is Hope getting a scholarship? Her parents are loaded. Couldn't she have just applied at all the prestigious Universities and be thinking about her options because she had some?

Steffy reminds me of Daisy on Y&R. She's just not believable as a villainess, it is like a little girl playing dress up. I guess it must be really hard to find a good bitch!

• Members

Steffy looked like some cartoon villianous cricket today. And while Steffy screwing with Hope is somewhat age appropriate (if still pathetic), PAM screwing with a teenager is deplorable.

*snort* Can't wait for the look on Taylor's face when she realizes Brooke is 100% right about Steffy and her emotional instability.

• Members

I was just about to say that. That type of stuff pisses me off especially when resources seem to be so low in this country these days. Scholarships should be saved for those who cant afford to go to cllege. Giving it to Hope is a big waste.

Taylor's hair looked lovely yesterday. Not much was done but it looked very refreshed and good on her.

I still hate that Steffy is in a triangle with Hope. The girl is in highschool. They shouldnt be after the same guy and it still bothers me that no one seems bothered by his age. I preferred it when she was messing with Katie and Bill and wish they hadnt have dropped that

• Members

The Logans could afford full time care, but remember that Beth wasn't exhibiting the same behavior around them that she did around Stephanie (who'd long tormented Beth and her girls). I can imagine that the thing that happened in my family happened in Bell's family regarding alzheimer's. My mother should have hired a nurse, couldn't stand the thought her mother (my grandmother) would spend most of her day alone with a complete stranger. She decided to stay home and care for her. There's a desperation to have every moment you can when someone has alzheimer's and I can believe that Bell's family did something similar (or maybe had a nurse but did most of the care on their own).

Stephanie didn't kill Beth, no, but she certainly facilitated her death just as she facilitated Brooke's rape. That Eric who is only alive because Donna SAVED him from having his raggedy plug pulled discounts Donna's grief over her dead mother and is siding with Stephanie. He's a flaming sack of poo!

• Members

I was amazed she actually admitted Brooke had a hand in raising her. But the entire "I miss StarPhoebe" BS was a feeble attempt to gain empathy for her.

But today was one of the few times I truly admired Ridge. At least when he confronted Steffy. When he melted under Taylor and StephSr's glares...not so much.

• Members

No, Brad is batshit crazy. Either that or he thinks we are too feeble minded to remember how things actually went down. The past he's trying to sell right now is actually an interesting one. Too bad it never actually happened. Steffy resenting Brooke and Hope and actually becoming a version of Brooke might have been some good stuff, but I can't swallow it. Brooke tried for years to seduce Ridge away from Taylor and it didn't work. Then Taylor (mercifully) died. I hated that version of Taylor. Then Brooke helped Ridge raise the kids, so when exactly was Taylor and her kids abandoned? When the girls were 16 or so? Plus this nonsense of Ridge being Hope's surrogate Dad is really annoying. We all saw that Nick played that role.

Anyway, I'm glad Hope came out ahead today and that she took the high road. I loved the look of surprise on Stephenie's face when Hope referred to her as her grandmother. At least she took it with grace. One of this show's weaknesses is that they rarely acknowledge that a SORASed character had a childhood relationship with the adults they are now playing against. Stephenie would have known Hope as a little girl. Are we really supposed to believe she has no affection for her even though she calls Ridge Dad? Is it really so easy for Steffy and Thomas to forget (or brush off) that Brooke mothered them after they thought their mother died? None of it really adds up. I should be used to this show not giving a damn about it's own history, but as a soap fan, it drives me nuts.

I wish today would have been the end of this nonsense. Steffy needs to go back to causing trouble for the likes of Bill Spencer. This situation with Hope is just too one sided.

• Members

Oh, and I forgot to mention Steffy's "I started in shipping" speech. AS IF she worked hard and didn't know she would get out of there soon. She's the head of PR now, FCOL. Where's Donna's son (Marcus? WTH is his name?)...still in shipping. 'Cause he's NOT a Forrester.

• Members

Steffy is not Brooke. Did Brooke ever have willing sex with a man she wasn't in love with or even engaged to?

Too bad Owen is not taping Steffy today, "you will get promotions... if you help me get rid of the Logan's."

• Members
Are you forgetting Deacon? She wasnt in love with the guy when she started screwing around with him behind her daughter's back. That was pure lust.

technically he is as much a Forrester as Ridge now, bc Eric adopted him, not that the show really mentions it anymore

I didnt even realie, he had returned

• Members

First time watching in months, so what I'm seeing is good, but I'm coming in without expectations...

I like the new Hope. I thought it was a little crazy to age her the way they did, but having Brooke with a daughter who (seems, at least to me, so far) as virtuous is kind of cool. If she can do virtue without being victimized she won't become Bridget. Steffy as the bitch is an interesting amp up, and Jackie MW is trying to rise to the occasion. It's a little sloppy at times but they've been pimping her so badly she's doing what she can. Now I'm thinking it's a good thing they killed Taylor Swift, er, Phoebe, because two of Taylor's daughters would be too much to swallow.

Taylor's daughter vs. Brooke's daughter will be interesting, especially if the typical slut/martyr roles as they are now with T&B are reversed...

At least for the first five years. If they're still doing it twenty years from now (fat chance of that with the state of daytime), it will have gone on too long.

Like ZC but I'm expecting him to walk around town saying "Please sir, can I have some more?" Honestly: Whip, Agnes and Oliver are keeping the ridiculous names like Thorne and Ridge alive in the new generation of B&B

Archived