Soapsuds

• Members

This is near the top of my list of favorite shows, I liked every season, except for Season 5. One of my favorite lines was in the pilot when Sandra thought she was got the building in the deceased landlord's will and when the lawyer read the part where the landlord said he left the building to the woman who made the best apple pie he had ever tasted, Sandra stood up and said "Apple Pie? We never used apple pie".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About five years ago, TVOne used to air "227" and "Amen" back-to-back, they even had promos with Marla Gibbs and Sherman Hemsley boxing in a ring. :P

I was watching an ep on YouTube only about a week ago, and in the comments somebody said that the episode which was about a choir competition was Tiffany's last.

Remember Rose's husband played by the super tall guy who played the Predator and Harry (as in "and the Hendersons"). He passed away, he contracted HIV through a blood transfusion.

Saturday night NBC was THE BEST!! :wub:

• Members

They did! I watched it, that's where I got some of the trivia I've shared in these thread. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And yes, that was her IRL husband too. Luther Vandross sang at their wedding on the show. ^_^

• Members

Ugh...well then yeah, she needed to disappear after the novelty wore off. I much preferred her on "The Parkers," which I'm sure I'd be alone in waxing poetic about that show lol

Great, now I got 6 parts of Marla Gibbs to watch instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing this week. The "Great" is not sarcastic, by the way.

• Members

A supergenius/college student at only 10 years old who could SANG. :rolleyes::D Actually, I remember very few Alexandria-centric eps, but I do remember when they did "The Wiz", Alexandria as Dorothy, Rose as The Tin Man, Sandra as The Cowardly Lion... was Meeery The Scarecrow?

She was a supersmart kid who came to D.C. for college and somehow or another the Jenkinses became her charge family.

• Members

LOL I think "Meeery" is the definitive spelling of the way Sondra said it. There were no A's in there at all.

I think that's the story about Alexandria, SFK. I don't really remember much about her either because I do remember how she always wore that headband on her juicy curls. I know Regina Hall had to be pissed that they saddled Brenda with a "little sister."

Archived