Y&R: Actor Set To Return!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's so cheesy. The brief clips I've seen of him he seemed cheesy as Snapper. It's one of the reasons I've never been a big John McCook fan either. Espy, at least on AW, seemed so much more solid, and also very sensual.

• Members

I think they got Wings instead of Houghton (who played Greg in 2003) is because Wings is a bigger name (even though nobody cares now). Houghton has aged well and is a good actor. I would've enjoyed seeing him back. I also agree that Hasslehoff's Snapper wasn't the most interesting from clips, but we'll see. I'm still very excited at a temp JILL story. Not a Kay story trashing Jill, but a potential story centering around her. Hopefully they don't continue to trash her and have everybody think so negatively of her.

• Members

LMAO on Hauser. I'm okay with him, only because he did RAGE so nicely during the end of his marriage to Nikki.

I liked Hoff a lot during the Snapper years. He DIDN'T have the gravitas or broody nature of Espy. But he was sexy as hell.

Lynne Richter Topping was definitely not the Chris Brooks we'd come to know and love, but the whole Brooks clan was clearly on the way down by the time she was on. Plus she has the dubious distinction of being on Y&R during one of the WORST storylines ever. I'm talking about the 6-month period where Chris tired of living on a Resident's salary, and wanted new furniture. Her rich dad Stuart offered to buy it for her, but that was an insult to Snapper's manly pride. This cause a SERIOUS rift in the marriage, as it shone a light on what different worlds Chris and Snapper came from. Added to the mix was Dr. Jane Lewis (played by Mark Harmon's sister), who wanted Snapper, and so she kept encouraging Chris to take the furniture.

A six month story about FURNITURE! I may be exaggerating how long it took, but it sure as hell seemed like six months.

• Members

Yeah, but Houghton got fired during the LML era, and I think there must be some bad blood. Because Houghton's trial on B&B didn't last long AT ALL. How long? Maybe 6 weeks.

So, I think it was just not comfortable to bring him back.

Plus, there are sort of "pairs". Kerwin and McGillin didn't last long enough in the role of Greg to count. So then, really, you had two eras of Snapper-Greg.

Espy-Houghton

Hasselhoff-Hauser

If you're going to bring on the one, you oughta bring on the other. Hasselhoff and Houghton never did a scene together...so they wouldn't have been able to invoke any kind of old brotherly chemistry. Of course, NONE of 'em ever had scenes with Walton.

• Members

Though I won't claim he has no responsibility, I see a lot of what was wrong with then show then now.

You know, like forcing material that obviously doesn't work and trying to spin it off onto other stories. I mean, look at this Lauren/Sarah nonsense, which started out as Daniel's art story and then turned into a Deacon and Amber story...

We already know Maria is not a trained soap writer and she only wrote a few SCRIPTS (not plotting, just dialogue) for B&B in the late 80's, and add in Hamner and Sheffer's worst tendencies (which are also apparent), we have the mess of a show we have now...

Archived