Another new L&O spin off on it's way

dragonflies

• Members

Dick Wolf is once again looking to expand his Law & Order empire to 4 series on the air. Sources tell me that NBC has picked up Law & Order: Los Angeles (aka LOLA) with a 13-episode order for fall. Brotherhood creator Blake Masters is on board to write the new series set in Los Angeles with Wolf. The Wolf Films/UMS project has been in development for the past couple of months.

Additionally, Law & Order: SVU is cleared for a 12th season pending some minor budgetary matters. The cast led by Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni have already been clearing their schedule to shoot new episodes for the crime drama in June and July. Hargitay and Meloni are set to return as part of the one-year deal they signed with NBC after lengthy negotiations last spring, which includes an option for a second year. After suffering a sharp ratings decline in the fall when it was transplanted from 10 PM to 9 PM to make room for The Jay Leno Show, SVU has been gaining ground since it was moved back to 10 PM after the Winter Olympics. The show also is getting a boost this spring from a story arc with Sharon Stone.

Meanwhile, chances also look pretty good a record-breaking 21st season of the mothership Law & Order series, with the series’ cable home TNT expected to pitch in with an off-network fee to offset the cost of bringing the show back.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow - pretty soon NBC will merge with the Weather Channel and they can easily equip a program with Today Show, all L&O and Weather to spice up the mix...

This makes sense on a business point of view but their programm is already abysmal (the only NBC show I like is 30 Rock) and they totally hang on L&O:SVU with all other shows falling far behind. They really should try NEW programs; with their average ratings so low a GOOD show could easily outshine the rest.

• Members

Well, this is wonderful news! I could not be more excited. There just aren't enough procedurals on there air at all. And shows set in LA are so hard to come by! I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for this groundbreaking masterpiece to make it's debut. :ph34r::angry:

Archived