Christopher Cazenove has died

DeeeDee

• Members

Actor Christopher Cazenove died in a London hospital after a monthlong battle with a blood infection Wednesday, his family said.

Cazenove was best known for the role of Ben Carrington on TV's "Dynasty," although he appeared on hundreds of television shows over the past four decades.

His death came one week after that of John Forsythe, who played his nemesis on the 1980s prime-time soap opera.

Cazenove, a British-born actor, contracted septicemia in late February, said a statement from his partner, Isabel Davis, and family.

"Despite a valiant fight and the untiring efforts of the wonderful team at St Thomas', he was eventually overwhelmed," the statement said.

Before "Dynasty," Cazenove was well known in the United Kingdom for playing Charles Haslemere in the British series "The Duchess of Duke Street."

He was 66, according to the Internet Movie Database.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has been quite the hit for the Dynasty family, two deaths in six days.

Joan Collins' statement: "He was an absolutely charming man and a very good actor. I very much enjoyed working with him during my time on 'Dynasty'."

Blood poisoning is not a particularly easy way to go, my condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

• Members

I wish they'd done more with him. I thought his conflicts with Blake were believable and it was also believable when he reformed. That time of the show, with Ben and with Caress (or "Cassie", as Alexis called her), and then with Blake's amnesia, was some of the last I enjoyed before things got just awful for a few years.

Archived