Y&R casting new role

• Members

Link Here

Y&R Casting New Role

A casting call has gone out for a new denizen of Genoa City, and it's described as a "fun, breakout role." The working name of the character is "Simone" and here are the details: She should be an ample-figured African-American female in her mid-30s. She will be sharp, sassy and bold, street-smart and unafraid of confrontation. She wears her emotions on her sleeve and does not suffer fools gladly. She dresses like she is going to a ball. She loves herself and knows she is "all that." The role is contract and will start around late-April.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She dresses like she is going to a ball.

That's funny.

She loves herself and knows she is "all that."

A white person wrote that. :P

I'm curious to see who they will cast. I'd hope that by calling this a "breakout" role, she'll actually be given some big, fun stuff to do, not two neck-rolling scenes a month then shipped back to the CW/MyNetwork.

• Members

Whoever gets this role, God help her.

By that do they mean she'll be on for three days instead of two. 1sth, 15th, and 30th. If she's fun does that mean she'll be singing church songs?

I would love to see Victoria Rowell audition for this role.

• Members

You're not thinking like this regime, LOL.

Dru fell from a tall cliff. Not only did she get amnesia, but she was TERRIBLY disfigured.

Malcolm's fiance is the reconstructed Dru, who has no recollection of her previous life. Eventually, this will all be remembered and revealed...and the brotherly rivalry for her love can begin.

Puke. But you know it's gonna happen.

The only thing that doesn't compute in this scenario is that Dru is not mid-30s. But didn't they young-up Malcolm too?

Archived