Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well since the Real Housewives are like modern day soap operas, the timespan of the arc from humble beginnings (50's) to burning out (2010's, etc.) is also truncated.    In terms of quality, I think we're at the early/mid 2000's, with pop culture relevance still somewhere in the 90's.  

Yes, you are so correct about social media behind the scenes becoming a whole other separate storyline that the shows will hodge-podge together the following season so viewers who don't follow all that fodder can understand why so-and-so has beef with so-and-so.  Like a printed magazine that hits the shelves when all the juicy details were already laid out in full online.  The social media aspect, like you said, can hurt or help a show. On one hand, it stirs interest; on the other hand, no one gets the full story. 

• Members

Sheree keeps making poor decisions, part 55. I thought last year's jailbird was a low, but Martell is giving me Ralph vibes with an extra helping of Grumpy Narcissism. 

I've just looked him up and he was on Love & Marriage Huntsville. I believe the phrase "narcissist manchild" was used to describe him, so I guess my take wasn't completely wrong.

Sheree... you keep making bad decisions in business, the bedroom, and friendship. Why the hell is she roping this stranger in to go after Kandi? Kandi is going to annihilate her and him.

That rolling see-through staircase in Sheree's intro is straight out of the Disney channel, and it's also making me dizzy, lol. At least intros got an upgrade, though. 

• Members

Yeah, the RH social media ecosystem is,so big now, I actually need to check Twitter to understand what is going on in its full context. It's light for Miami, which is why I think the reboot has flourished -- the important drama is on the show. But for NJ, everything, every allegation, is happening OFF the show and on social media. And I believe the ebbing show,ratings reflect why that's not working for NJ. Although reunion will likely see an influx of viewers. Everyone is waiting for reunion so that all threads are brought together, perhaps for one final time.

So do you think RH is fast approaching its 2010 burnout era? I hope (foolishly perhaps) it can turn it around.

• Members

I think what happened with NYC (which so far blew up in Bravo's face; but we'll see how the new NYC fares) is eventually going to happen to other longstanding Housewives shows. A total retooling; a brand new cast; and/or completing retiring the OG's and letting certain city franchises die off. 

But who knows? I thought they were going to have a Come to Jesus moment when Russell Armstrong committed suicide yet they get pluggin' and chuggin' along and only got bigger and better (so to speak). 

• Members

LOL the contrast.

I wonder if I'm going to hate-watch it, too @Antoyne. Most are Instagram influencers. Watching Influencers 'at work' is going to get repetitive fast -- basically it's Kim Kardashian sitting in her make-up chair droning "I am working, like, so hard."

We also have not heard much about the show since they posed onstage at Bravo Con (October 2022), and that kind of worries me. I do like what I've seen of Jenna Lyons, though. 

I'm going to give this a chance. After all, Real Housewives of Dubai had trouble getting off the ground, but saved itself with a slow build and watchable reunion. I also think the RHUGT #5 news has pacified me a little bit. 

• Members

... and that's an immediate eyeroll for me. I want to see old money not instagram money. I suppose this is the more modern-day version of a Bethenny rags-to-riches tale?  Yeah, I'll be hate-watching and see if it turns to love, just as I mock-watched Potomac's first clunky season (remember all the talk about etiquette?)