Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Twitter also blowing up that Kenya is out. I can believe Nene out, but not Kenya too. Kenya has unfollowed Andy Cohen on social media. I still dont know that I can believe this. I WANT Nene and Kenya to leave, but would they carry on with Kandi, Cynthia, Marlo, Tanya and Porsha? The new wife must be amazing if they’d consider this. 

I’ve been wanting a reboot and new perspective so I’m keeping an open mind. 

Edited by Chris B

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kenya still follows Andy on Twitter. 

I think it's just a bunch of bloggers fighting to see who can get the best "She's fired!" story. Every year, it's the same thing. I don't know which websites are accurate. Is B Scott someone to trust? I'm hoping his story is accurate because Nene needs to go. Bravo would be fools to keep her if they're going to have the BLM as part of the upcoming season. Nene comparing herself to George Floyd while Porsha, Cynthia, and Kandi are having real discussions about BLM and police violence?

• Members

@chrisml I believe B Scott is a pretty accurate blogger; he is Atlanta based and has a lot of good sources within the cast itself (possibly Kenya and Cynthia).

I am shocked by this news, mainly because TT, who is also Atlanta based, has not mentioned this at all and was swearing up and down this week that Nene has a contract. Not just that she has a contract, but that she is RHOA's biggest draw and no way would Bravo be getting rid of her.

I'm not sure what Nene did, whether it was comparing her pampered self to George Floyd, or declaring war on Andy Cohen recently... But for Bravo to fire one of their most recognizable black stars (if not THE most recognizable), at this particular point in time, too  it must have been SOMETHING. Did Nene get serious public backlash from her most recent Tweets?

Edited by Cat

• Members

Major backlash. The BLM tweet with her booking email really set people off. I think she a lost of support that day.  Although, some of the RHOA recappers and bloggers stayed silent on her nonsense especially the ones she gives information to. It was amusing to see them twist themselves into a verbal pretzel to explain away her beahvior. She never apologized for the booking email tweet. Just deleted it after the massive outcry. I'm shocked by the news if true, but Bravo gives her a free pass (attacking a cameraman) when other housewives would have been axed.

• Members

Nene is problematic and has been for years. She physically assaulted production and has been a pain to work with. Earlier this year she threatened to sue the network. She's feuded with Andy and just this week tweeted about wanting him fired. Plus what she did at the reunion was unacceptable. I dont see in what world she shouldnt be fired. Bravo has fired other housewives for the antics she's pulled. She's going to use the BLM and racism to attack Bravo for this. I bet she will

• Members

If the backlash came from other African-Americans, including prominent ones, then I would wager that is what forced Bravo's hand. That and Nene's refusal to apologize.

I long felt that Nene was needed on RHOA as a counterweight to Kenya's alpha personality, and that Kenya vs Nene was the rivalry to go with. However, I am now at a point where I am exhausted by Nene and her arrogance. I don't need to see Kenya vs Nene anymore, it is just too toxic. She treats everybody reprehensibly.

Honestly, after laying hands on the crew, that should have been it. Physical assault cannot be tolerated. Instead, the crew member and the showrunner that season were obliged to resign. 

Nene seems to resent being on RHOA as much as she wants to keep collecting the paycheck. She is always in a foul mood. IA that she is probably consulting lawyers right now about unfair/racist dismissal.

• Members

And a lot of her fans forget that the Nene-less seasons were strong and that the show has not been great since she returned. She had the "where is your scooter moment?" and that's it. She was horrible last reunion, and this reunion she played victim and ran off.  She is simply not worth the hassle or the money. She certainly was not worth what they paid for her this season as snakegate was a snore and her apology tour was so fake

Nene's BLM tweets were called out by prominent African-American writers and producers. They were outraged, and as I said, Nene never apologized. She never offered an excuse. She simply deleted the tweet as if nothing happened. Now, she and her manager say she was not fired, but conversations are still ongoing. I'm truly sick of her and I hope Bravo cuts ties. Bravo never makes the casting decisions I like on any of the HW shows so I'm hoping this is the exception. 

• Members

Nene should have seen this coming, especially since 1) they've essentially already admitted they need to cut costs and they're cutting out OGs with astronomical salaries and 2) we're in a pandemic when revenues are going down even further.  They aren't going to offer her the same amount of cash, so she should just take what she can get and ride the wave.  She should count her blessings that they're even offering her something after walking out on the reunion and pissing Andy off (he hates reunion walk-offs and has even fired other housewives when they are no-shows).  

I missed Nene's controversial BLM post - what did she say??

• Members

The tweet was the hashtag #blacklivesmatter and then she put her booking email underneath it. The outrage was immediate. I've never seen anything like it. 

In a video interview, she compared being confronted at the reunion to how George Floyd was killed. This was after she was called out on instagram for her tweets about the protests on instagram.