Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Yeah it's the original but the OC is stale as f*ck. It's not light-hearted and hilarious like ATL. It doesn't have edge like NYC & Miami. They're not upper-crest like Beverly Hills. They don't have the family aspect like New Jersey. The OC has nothing going for them. It's just a bunch of plastic-faced, plastic-body women grasping at straws. If the grandmother of soaps (Guiding Light) can be put down then so can the grandmother of Housewives. Put this horse down already.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Took a look at this past week's episode as NJ isn't quenching my RH thirst and I have to say Heather and Gretchen kind of annoyed me. Didn't they say they were going back to the hotel? It was hilarious watching Vicki and Tamra laugh right in Gretchen's face as she tried to scold them as if she was Mrs. Garret from The Facts of Life.

Gretchen is really pressed about Vicki and Tamra becoming close again, and kept trying to single her out. She also came across childish when she tried to bring up Vicki cheating on Donn to Heather when it had nothing to do with the situation.

The chipmunk was wrong for saying her night out Vicki and Tamra "made the weekend". One thing I do like about Heather is she able to lay out her thoughts in a clear and concise way without getting loud or cursing. Gretchen then tried to say Vicki lives her life as a hypocrite, I could tell she wanted to bust Vicki out in the limo but Vicki shut that down when she explained she knew leaving them was wrong and that does not make her a hypocrite because she did not condone her and the others' behavior.

Gretchen really annoys me. UGH! And those strippers were extra skeevy. That one stripper was dry humping Tamra's ear! WTF?!

Oh and Tamra was really messy telling Gretchen that Vicki said "My plan worked". These two women are on Tamra's puppet strings fighting for her friendship and they don't even know it.

• Members

I like the OC, too, and thought last night was a pretty involving episode (unlike NJ which was the same [!@#$%^&*], different day).

I also don't mind Lydia although Nothin'ButAttitude calling her Bucky Beaver literally made me laugh.png

Gretchen's unejakayted ass gets on my wick too but I have to say I was more on her side than anybody else's in last night's episode. Vicki shouldn't have dumped half the group when everybody was (pretty much) getting along. That was some active mean-girling and way to make two people feel unwanted and wasting their time.

OMG, so much WORD. And Tamra is eating up all the attention with a spoon. Turning on the drama school waterworks with Gretchen and playing her against Vicki the whole time. And earlier throwing over her BFF all for a couple of tequilas and a pole dance on the bar.

Alexis looked like a Fraggle Rock character going to that restaurant in (what I can only describe as) that weird fur-chubby cropped jacket. Also, I hate these fake-ass scenes they have with her and "nice" Jim. They have been so obviously scripted by their new PR people.

One thing I wish I could replay again and again: Heather telling the drunken twits who knocked on her door at 3am to 'say sowwy,' "coming in with these sparkly ears is not making me feel better." I love that she was sitting up in bed in what looked like BLACK SATIN pajamas when she said this. Heather is so boss.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I hardly find ATL hilarious and the family aspect of NJ has become toxic to say the least. OC is the way the priginal concept of the show is supposed to be and most of the women have long histories with each other, I love the show. I also love the evolution of Tamra

• Members

I think it is. The women (well most of them) have loud and dynamic personalities. I personally love when they get along as opposed to the drama. Like I said when NeNe/Kim/Sheree/Phaedra/Cynthia/Kandi were more or less getting along in Season 3 was when RHOA was at its best IMO.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Oh please. ATL is hilarious and delivers every week. Beside Love & Hip Hop ATL and a few others, no other reality show gets sound bites and quoted like RHOA.

Bravo milks RHOA b/c it the cream of the crop and sorry but everyone knows it. Does OC get three part reunions? Have they even had a three part reunion before? *thinks about it* Um no. :P They're lucky if they get two parts. They're boring. Stale. Stiff. Dead. Might as well put this horse down. Sorry OC fans. It's the truth.

On behalf of RHONJ, NJ might be toxic but it still keeps people tuned in b/c people can identify with it. Majority of us may not like what TreApe or Melissa are doing but people can sympathize. They still bring in ratings and have content. Now they're going to have to switch it up after this season, but I don't have a doubt in my mind what NJ won't deliver b/c they always will.

If you ask an average person to name an OC HW, they'll look at you crazy like "who/what the h*ll are you talking about?" Ask them about RHOA or RHONJ and they'll name the whole cast.

• Members

ATL delivered all season and was hilarious all season, every season. Can we say the same about the OC? Umm no. Ratings don't lie people, ratings don't lie. What shows are getting 3.0-4.0 in the ratings? RHOA & NJ. What show is barely making a 1.5? The OC. So again, who is delivering and who isn't. OK. Case closed. Again, take this horse out to the pasture and shoot it dead.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I do not know why some have a tit attack everytime someone critixizes ARL or NeNe like they are close friends with the women. I didnt say ATL wasnt a good show, I said it aiDnt what I would call HILARIOUS PERIOD. I say stop comparing the shows, they are all different,have their pros and cons imo. And NO ATL didnt deliver every season let alone every week, season 2 was boring as was half of season 3.

• Members

I concur with ratings being a poor indicator, Atlanta's last season was boring as heck even with Kenya's antics (<- which got stale fast). Atlanta and Jersey are getting the ratings they are due to residual feelings from their greater seasons.

Speaking of ratings, Sunday's RHONJ got 2.456 million viewers (down roughly 400,000 from season premiere) and a 1.1 (-.2) 18-49 rating.

• Members
I kind of hope ratings take a bit of a dive this season so Andy FINALLY drops some of these basic tricks he's been trying to force feed us these past few years namely Melissa and Joe Marco and the beast. Ugh I swear I'm tired of Koma and her family sitting around talking about beast's lesbian love life to get Andy to keep her.