ATWT March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, I'm not saying he needs to look them in the eye. But he could at least look toward whomever he is speaking to, instead of turning to the side and talking to a freaking wall. Just because you're blind doesn't mean you lose your sense of direction. It's annoying when he has a scene with someone and instead of looking toward them, he's turned to the side, staring off into space.

As for today's show....I used to love when Lucinda meddled in Lily and Holden's love life. But since Noelle Beck has more chemistry with a dish rag than she does with Jon Hensley, I just assume that Lucinda butt out and quit all the "ooohh, why don't you and Li-lay take Faith TOGETHER" nonsense. Jon's much more tolerable with Lesli Kay. And does anyone know when Lucinda suddenly transformed from being anti-Holden (back in the day) to the (current) resident Lilden pimp of Oakdale???

Lisa needs to work on getting the Lakeview some stricter security. A huge brawl ensues in the lobby, and no one intervenes; no police are called; no hotel employees try to break it up; no passerbys watching. C'mon!! Make this more believable!!! Trivial, yet important, details like these are what keep ATWT fans griping. (That, along with about 30592 other things....)

• Members

Lucinda has been a champion for Holden for a long time now. It isn't anything sudden. But I agree without Martha in the role I dont care two shits about Lily and Holden being together. So Lucinda meddling is unnecessary for me. I don't like how Holden is being an !@#$%^&*] to Lily but I guess she deserves it. I hate the whole Faith Snyder story. I wish it would end.

As for the Reid beat up...lol...You are being too nitpicky Dusty....lol

Lisa has security cameras. I remember it was mentioned a while back. The story is believable.

• Members

The key to Lucinda's change of mind was the year and a half Jon Hensley left the show. In that time, Lucinda and Lily fought with Orlena and Damian. Then soon after reconciling with Lily, Damian "died" and Lily got involved with the nutjob Diego who held Lucinda and Holden prisoner. After that they seemed to bond and she stopped fighting the Lilden relationship. I think it was probably a good writing choice, as her interference was very played out by then. I do wish Lucinda had more of a life of her own, but you know that's not going to happen.

• Members

Thanks, Carl! I was watching back then, but I was so young that I only remember bits and pieces. I just wondered what happened to make Lucinda go from being anti-Holden to pro-Holden...in terms of Lily's love life.

I'm not being too nitpicky, I don't think. Soaps have lost that "real"-ism that they used to have. Yes, the stories are always a bit far fetched and/or dramatic, but ATWT used to be the soap that viewers could watch and say "Oh, this could happen". They've lost that somehow. Now, fights break out in the middle of a crowded, popular town hotel and NO ONE except Luke is there to witness it. No hotel security. No hotel employees scurrying for help. No bystanders stopping to watch or phoning for hotel help. In the old days, Lisa would've barged in and demanded some explanation, or ordered the men to take it outside.

• Members

I can see why you don't remember, they didn't ever make a big deal out of it. Holden came back to town, Diego knocked him out, Lucinda was also in the same place. I think she may have had some dialogue like, "Compared to what's happened since, you're not so bad," paraphrasing though.

• Members

Today's episode was solid, well-written and in some ways reminded me of old school ATWT. Yes, The fight scene might have been better with slightly more detail but details such as Lisa cost money. Also, the whole deal between Luke and Reid was based on him keeping the fight secret. In addition, the fight lasted less than 20 seconds.

The episode was actually character driven today. We saw Luke and Reid getting a little closer and gaining a better understanding of each other. Also, we saw Emily and how seriously she is taking her role as mother. This is sort of important considering how badly she has wanted a baby of her own. I especially liked the talk between Paul and Emily: It was in no manner earth shaking but was realistic in tone.

I like the way in which the show is starting to center more around the hospital. With the addition of two new doctors, a blind Noah and Katie's baby, the show seems to be going back to it's core as a soap about middle class working people and thier everyday trials. This is the most solid ATWT has been in a long time.

BTW, so glad to have a break from Liberty, Janet, Dusty and Jack. That story is getting old, fast!

• Members

A waste of money: Kaba is great (and HOT) and the previous Chris did a really good job. Grayson is lame but it must help that he is friend's with Chris Goutman's son. It was choices like this that killed ATWT. Aaron and exChris shirtless twice a week would have caused a ratings surge! Grayson, even with the wig, adds nothing to the show.

It was funny when, while talking on the topic of baldness, Janet rubbed Dusty's head and said he'd never have that problem. He is clearly wearing a hair piece and has a big bald spot on the back of his head.

• Members

Well, it's not clear to me Dusty's wearing a piece. If he does, I wish he would have switched to this one months before he did---that greasy assed look he wore since his return in the cage made me shudder.

Holden and Lucinda "bonded" when Diego took them hostage. It was more than a "little while" as I remember---Diego kidnapped them before he and Lily were to marry. Part of the reason Lily took a gun to that wedding was the fact she knew he'd done it. After Holden "killed" David and Faith was born, she saw him in a new light. And after Rose came along, Holden was the stable one in that relationship. There have been exceptions---namely any time Holden's had an affair, but since Lily usually has an affair of her own in return, Lucinda doesn't stay mad as long.

The only misstep I saw in yesterday's episode was Lucinda's attitude towards Faith. It just seemed "off" for her to basically say "shut up Faith", when Faith was being honest. Lucinda's had 'tude with her grandchildren, but not ususally if they weren't being jerks.

Sigh...flaring nostrils and an arm grab...another lame "hint of attraction" scene for Luke. Funny how Luke's attraction starts two seconds after he found out Reid was gay. Reid giving Luke the time of day will be the biggest WTF moment ever.

I almost wish I could care about Paul/Em/Meg. Sorry---don't. Somewhere in the middle of all that manufactured angst over "who is Eliza's mommy?" I rolled my eyes at yet MORE baby drama for these three. Do the EVER talk about anything else? It seems from the moment they became a triangle YEARS ago, that's their only purpose in life. Sure, Em took some time outs to ride another Hughes dick morning, noon and night...but Paul and Meg have been baby drama-ing since Scott Bryce was Craig.

I know there was a rumor Kaba and Bruce were fired to rehire McCouch--but the truth was the show had no clue what to do for either of those characters after the Alison triangle. Kaba was only recurring anyway...Bruce's firing was more of a surprise, but it seemed like Chris was simply the odd man out at the time, since there weren't any eligible women left. What they should have done was dump Marnie Schulenberg, who's never been compelling as Ali and write for Chris.

Archived