The Suds Report: February 19th

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think SOAPnet should be called AntiSOAPnet.

There is NO soaps, only the modern ones that are on today. Then, the rest of the schedule consists of lame ass Being Erica, old episodes of BH 90210, old episodes of The OC, freaking Gilmore Girls, Southern Ho's of Louisville, and then there's that SUPER PATHETIC and USELESS show called Bank of Mom and Dad, absolutely NOTHING to do with Soaps!! It drives me crazy!!

• Members

Me too! I would like to see a network that aired shows such as

Port Charles

Another World

Passions

And even older ones such as Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow, etc...The ones that weren't around in my time, but that I still have interest in.

Andd I wish they would pick specific storylines to air.

Like for example, dedicate one block of time for the Port Charles hotel fire, then another for the Melaswen, etc etc, so that longtime soap fans could relive some of their favorite storylines.

• Members

I think if they aren't dedicated to airing canceled soaps (like the ones you listed) they could AT LEAST air older episodes of the soaps they have on air now. Get rid of those pathetic lame arse shows (that have ZERO to do with Soaps) you have on the air now, and put on some vintage episodes of AMC, GH, OLTL, DAYS, and Y&R!!

I would like really like to see some canceled soaps though, especially AW and PC, from the start.

• Members

I'd pay good money to be able to watch the entire runs of Santa Barbara, Passions, and Sunset Beach, for starters.

And I'd LOVE to be able to watch classic storylines, like Marlena's possession on Days, or the Kristen/Susan storyline, or Carly Buried Alive, or Gina and the Puzzle Box.

SoapNET would definitely need an "on demand" option.

• Members

Agreed. I would definitely rather see old episodes of AMC/GH/Y&R/OLTL etc. then new episodes of "Being Erica" that show SUCKS. Bank of Mom and Dad??

Why dont they just rename it "Another Game Show taking airtime Soap Operas should be getting".

I would love old soaps, and old episodes of current soaps. I think if SOAPnet actually focused on SOAPS, it could help soaps re-emerge into popularity.

• Members

I've heard that Being Erica is actually decent--which compared to most Canadian shows isn't saying much--especially most shows CBC has invested in), but I've never watched it. Still I see the adds on CBC and it looks better than Sophie and the other crap they've had (though I thought MVP was kinda ok too actually as was Wild Roses as wannabe primetime soaps--not great by any means, but...)

Does SoapNet still air Ryan's Hope in the middle of the night? I know many find it boring, but as a huge 70s soap fan I'd almost pay to get the station just to see/tape that. But we can't get the station here anyway--and nothing else on it would make me want to watch it (back when they showed Knots Landing, etc, maybe I would've...)

TC what French soaps have you watched? I appreciate the huge love for Coronation Street in Canada nad have gottne into phases where I watrch it regularly (like that gay storyline 5 or so years back) but I usually just tune into it if I'm home in time now--I appreciate how great the acting is but the brief snippet scene style it uses, etc, I find hard to get into. (Last year Showcase tried to latch into that audience by showing Eastenders at 6pm-- a half hour before CBC airs Corrie but after 3 months they gave up--too bad as I was getting really into it.) It's funny Corrie has always been a huge Canadian hit, but attempts at showing other British soaps hasn't worked out--I know CBC showed Emmerdale for years with no real ratings success. Of course networks here have also tried for success with Aussie soaps Neighbours and Home and Away with zero luck (as a teen SHowcase showed in the mornings the Aussie teen soap Heartbreak High to big, for them ratings--and I loved the midnight showings of bizarro UK shortlived soap Night and Day on W Network 5+ years back, but I never knew anyone else who watched that.)

Archived