The Suds Report: February 19th

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL is not the best soap currently on the air, that honor goes to Days of Our Lives. What's good about OLTL? The stupidity with Jessica? The stupidity with Mitch? Tea's constant crying and her being Todd's doormat? Stacy's pointless death, what? People say this, but they never say what is good.

• Members

Let's not even start about the show that calls itself Days. The show that airs at 1 PM on NBC is NOT my Days of Our Lives. It's a shadow of its former self. I'm sad to have lost my favourite soap, a show I've loved for over twenty years. It's a damn shame.

Y&R has been crappy for some time now. The Patty/Emily story is awful, Adam is awful, Tucker is awful. The only interesting story is the possible return of Sheila, but even that's dragging on too long.

• Members

Yes OLTL is the best soap on the air. Days is pure crap. Who the hell cares about Melanie, Nathan, Daniel, Mia, Chad, Gabby, Ariana, Rafe, all these lame new characters? Where are the REAL characters from Days of Our Lives, like Marlena, John, Carrie, Austin, Kayla, Patch, Jennifer, Jack? That's not my Days. It's not even a good imitation.

I don't think Jessica's story is stupid. It's only just begun, so it's waaaaay too early to judge. Dorian is terrific, Viki is terrific, their interactions are terrific. Mitch is a goofball but he's not a longterm goofball so that's okay. The Stacy/Gigi/Rex story has actually been exciting this month. Clint and Kim are fantastic together. Kelly's return has been exciting. Schuyler is a truly conflicted, complex character. Kyle and Oliver are cute even though Oliver's such a pushover. Susan Haskell breathes life into every scene she's in, even the ones with Michael Easton. Starr and Cole are a cute couple, and so are Langston and Markko, as well as Layla and Cristian. But it's hard to judge because soap stories are cyclical, and right now they're focusing on other things.

As for Tea, she's pathetic. The woman is in love with a rapist. She deserves to cry and be a doormat.

• Members

I have to disagree. OLTL has been nothing but HORRIBLE. I hate it right now. The only thing I really look foward to is Kelly! :wub:

The storylines don't make sense and we have characters on like Gigi/Skyler/Rex/Kim/Ford/Christan we dont really care about. The ratings also say A LOT. Their ratings have been stagnet and has been the same. No increase in viewers, and talking to other OLTL viewers they don't seem to be happy espically with the spoilers that are out there.

• Members

I think that Todd being a former rapist is one of the worst plot devices in recent daytime history. When he is involved with Tea, everyone is all "HE'S A RAPIST DONT BE INVOLVED WITH HIM!"...But when he is with other people, such as Blair, it doesnt seem to be AS important.

I think that they use Todd's raping of Marty as an excuse to ruin any relationship he ever has, and in the end, will be the reason Todd and Blair end up back together.

• Members

I don't see why anyone would assume Robin Christopher's return was long term. When I read about it it was like, I bet it's short term to work with TG and to exit Luke off when TG leaves for his vacation and I'll bet that's what happens. I never saw her place on GH anyway. That said, I loved her on AMC and I'd love to see her join that show.

• Members

A lot of people have assumed that she is back longterm but I haven't heard anything about whether she is longterm or short-term. Guza gave a short and somewhat vague description of what her story involved but I haven't heard any confirmation that she is on contract or anything like that.

• Members

Nelson says in the Suds Report that she will "briefly reprise her role as Skye Quartermaine sometime soon."

..or Maybe he's lying. :P LoL who knows, but "briefly" sounds like a couple days or something, like JaneAusten said, to usher TG out for his annual vacation or something. (Guza did say she would be involved with Luke)

Archived