AMC: Actress not returning!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't be a first -- they shoved Skye on OLTL without any purpose or much storyline quality for years, solely because JFP liked Robin Christopher.

OLTL has a lot of dead weight I would watch a decently written Kendall over (Rex, Gigi, Todd, Tea, Ford, among others), but I know that more likely, people like Blair would probably leave. As for Zach, I can't see him being able to go to Llanview city limits without going into "Brown Penny."

• Members

I wouldn't want them to be Zendall. They could bring Thorsten Kaye as the character he played years before. Not a long-time OLTL watcher so the name escapes me, Alicia Minshew I don't think Frons cares about that much. He would much rather have Thorsten Kaye over having both of them.

• Members

I never understood the Skye/OLTL thing, JFP aside. Robin Christopher would fit in perfectly at AMC right now, especially with David Canary leaving. I wonder if they just don't ask her, or if she doesn't want too. Skye really needs to come home!

Not being blonde is a huge strike against her ;) LOL.

• Members

I think all it amounted to was ABC being hooked on crossovers at the time (even though they did nothing for ratings that I can recall) and JFP loved Linda Dano and Robin Christopher on AW as mother and daughter, so she had to throw them together on OLTL. And of course, Skye was obsessed with FOJ Mark Derwin, so even better!

I thought the material JFP gave her at GH was stronger, although that's not saying a lot. I do wish Skye could return to AMC.

As for Kendall, I feel like the character had a lot of potential left which was wasted by several years of awful writing. I think there is more that can be done with her, after a rest, but unfortunately it's hard to imagine that she would not just come back and have more of the same stories that alienated a lot of fans in the first place. Even then, I honestly thought the character was fine until B&E started. The whole grief sex thing with Aidan to help pimp Zelee or whatever Judge Reinhold movie they were called was when I started to have enough.

• Members

I am with Cat here. And yeah my only worry is they will pair back Rylee on the long term and that will bog the show down again. But otherwise (I'm fine with idiot Ryan being on but please scale him back) I agree that ditching Zendall really frees up the show to be more of a true ensemble. Even when Pratt significantly paired down their screen premise (and despite that they were still on a LOT) it made a huge difference for the show feeling like a community again. Under B/E it truly was Zack and Kendall's Children, not All My.

• Members

I want to see a quote from AM regarding this, to. In her interview with Soap Digest months ago, she said she was coming to LA to finish her contract, and then would contemplate what she would do from there...would she stay or would she go? Now, we have JhackC supposedly saying otherwise in some interview. I admit, she has been all around the map about AMC though, lately. But..

• Members

I could not bite my tongue any longer, so i have to put my two cents about Kendall eating the show. this is not true and we all know it. When McT's reigned, probably so, but she was there with Babe and Greenlee but then Greenlee left, Babe left and no one to carry the show than Kendall, they brought back julia but it was a flop, then Dixie another flop. TPTB decided to cut budget and let go some of the characters like Dixie, Brook, Simone,Dani,Erin and they never have anyone left to carry the show than Kendall and Erica. For the past two years (through B&E and Pratt reign Kendall stopped dominating the show. She was replaced by Greenlee, Zach, Reese,Annie and NuLiza. She never been on the #1 list anymore, yes she's in top ten. even the air hog soaps stars has been listed here for 2008 and 2009 Alicia was not in top five. So blaming her and accusing her as an air hog and eating show is not fair when the other characters are not called on it.

But I don't disagree about Zach being an air hog though, for the past two years Zach dominated the show. B&E and Pratt loves to write for him even to the extent of destroying Zendall and Kendall character to the core just to pair him with their favorites female characters they wished for him and Kendall was in the backround. And all this females (greenlee,Reese,NuLiza) became front and center and air hogs along with him.

• Members

:o

She was on every day and twice on sundays. She and Greenlee both operated in tandem to kidnap the show and squeeze everyone else out.

04..Alicia Minshew [Kendall Hart Slater]...187

02..Alicia Minshew [Kendall Hart Slater]...203

01..Alicia Minshew [Kendall Hart Slater]...233

2. Kendall Hart Slater (Alicia Minshew)- 220

1. Kendall Hart (Alicia Minshew)- 224

Is it even possible to be on more than she was? Year after painful year there she was.

Archived