DOOL: Rogers' Surprising New Plot

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you for the interview, Sylph.

Suzanne gives very good interviews, you can always hear her voice in your head.

She's brave to do this story when she has MG in her real life. I'm sure she will do a fantastic job. I wish they'd done more with the alcoholism story but like she said, getting rid of Bryan Datillo might have curtailed that.

I hope this won't impact her role on the canvas too much. Hopefully this will at least get her more scenes with Kate and Vivian. Or a Victor/Maggie romance. Imagine the reactions from Kate and Vivian.

• Members

True. OTOH, as I've said before, DAYS needs a moral center, someone the younger characters can turn to in times of crisis. That can't happen, though, if Maggie is eight sheets to the wind.

Not to mention, Caroline Brady. ;-)

I, for one, hope Maggie does find love again...someday. Not with Victor or Stefano, though. It needs to be with someone who isn't an out-and-out villain (though, he could certainly have flaws). Pairing her off with the likes of "the Phoenix" wouldn't work for a number of reasons.

Guest dc cubs

I'm disappointed Days isn't doing the alcoholism story with Maggie. However, as Khan said if Maggie is the moral center of the show they really can't have her going on a big bender.

I am happy that Rogers continues to get story and be featured regularly. Yes, it is in a supporting role but Maggie is being used and that is a good thing. Suzanne will do very well with this story. I understand her hesitancy as this hits very close to home for her.

I'm not worry about how this story will impact Roger's role on the canvas. Tomlin loves her and is a big supporter. Suzanne hasn't worked this much in ages.

• Members

What if they did Maggie/Roman? I'm not a huge fan of Josh Taylor's Roman (is anyone?!), but it's pretty clear that he's here to stay, and Roman is a stand-up guy. Might be nice for these two long-time characters to find happiness together.

• Members

Sigh. Love her.

So glad Tomlin sought her out and realized some of that lost potential. As for a love interest, give her a second to get over Mickey first! I'd personally like to see Maggie & Victor at some point but, TBH, Suzanne Rogers is so good that I could watch her with anybody. Even cotton-mouthed permabore Roman.

• Members

I've always been a bit surprised that Rogers, who is the same age as Hall never got story in the 90s or for most of the '00s except for the SSK and Bonnie drivel. I'm extremely happy that Rogers and Maggie now have storyline. Sure Maggie could use a new love interest, but I can't imagine her being Victor's booty call or Stefano's new Queen of the Night.

• Members

There's always a chance to play up that alcoholism story. When they kill off Alice Horton, that can be a very good opportunity for her to dive into the bottle. Hire some young hottie who has ties to the Hortons or the canvas to be her AA sponsor.

• Members

One thing about this story if it's done well is that it will use the soap format, which is things building up day by day and causing more problems. In real life people do become ill and lose steam as they face more and more crises, but often on soaps, you end up with a heroine in full face makeup and extensive plastic surgery, shoving her cleavage around as she insists that THIS presumed death of a spouse/mystery illness/hostage crisis/natural disaster/gunshot wound/offspring marrying the wrong person is the worst moment of her life.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I want Maggie drunk off her ass and slurring the hell out of her eulogy at Alice's funeral! We can have her tripping on herself as she walks down the aisle and as she walks up to the lectern. Then Nathan or Bo would have to carry her drunk ass out of the church.

Maggie's stress with her illness, aftermath of both Mickey and Alice's deaths could be more than enough to tip her over the edge. Maybe her medications has weird side effects when mixed with the booze.

They'd never do it, but it would be hilarious to watch, and not like stuff like this doesn't happen at real funerals.

• Members

Well [!@#$%^&*].

I really wanted to see Maggie drunk off her ass. I really, really wanted to see that. I wanted to see a raging alcoholic Maggie Horton. Dammit DAYS. First mistake they've made in months. Dammit!

With that said, I am looking forward to this story beat, for I do not think this is going to become a full fledged storyline...it's all about getting Melanie and Phillip into Maggie's house with Nathan, which is FINE because Maggie is now a tentpole character, this is her role and she's doing it beautifully.

I absolutely love the increased presence Suzanne Rogers has on this show, she's one of the reasons I watch.

PS: As a hard core DAYS fan who has sat through the last 20+ years...I would be A OK with Maggie drunk off her ass at Alice's funeral, crying and moaning and sniping away. I know that wouldn't be super respectful to memory of Frances Reid...but this is DAYS, it could be an amazing Emmy scene for Suzanne. It wouldn't necessarily be hilarious, Suzanne is a rivetting dramatic actress.

Archived