ATWT: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Whenever a show deals with illness, especially cancer, writers need to appraoch the topic with a certain degree of respect and seriousness instead of using the story as filler or some form of distraction. World Turns could have done something dramatically intense as well as socially important. TPTB need to find a proper balance--not over the top but, at the same time, not glib or corny. There was a scene with one doctor but all he basically said was 'You'll be fine'. It would have been cool if the writers provided some info about Liberty's particular form of leucemia--there are so many kinds. Also, I hated the manner in which they dumbed down both Jack and Janet--At one point, when the doctor was explaining Libs condition in basic terms, Janet asked him to 'Speak English'. I get that she isn't a doctor but a 10 year old would have understood his words. Also, I would have loved for them to have mentioned the miscarriage and how the sickness might have caused it. I remember Liberty blaming herself for loosing the baby. Lastly, a teenager with cancer is a dreadful thing and a better insight into Liberty's fears, hopes, and emotions would have been helpful: Marland would have taken us into Liberty's mind.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today, with Carly giddy over learning of Janet and Dusty's affair was excellent. I could have done with less of the Ciccone family drama...but damn if the Carly and Molly scenes didn't seem like the good old days. Team Carly all the way!

• Members

I loathe Janet more and more each day. She's a sick and twisted bitch. I wish she'd get her story straight--either she loves Jack enough to have a child, or she's seen "those looks" between Jack and Carly all along, and decided to emotionally blackmail Jack to get what she wants. Of course, TIIC would have to leave Carly dropping the bomb until the very end of today's show. :(

Kurt McKinney---one GL transplant I could do without.

Luke--STFU. He has the emotional maturity of a five year old. Run, NOAH, Run! Get away from that jealous, possessive loser.

I don't GAS about the Damian plot. But I think I could like Holden and Molly.

• Members

*swallows back bile* Jack sacrificing himself to that succubus was vile.

If only Carly had teamed up with Dusty sooner, they might have made fun cohorts in crime.

*eyeroll* Lily's a little late to the "I believe in you Holden" party.

• Members

Jack...Jack...Jack...you moronrolleyes.gif

The Dusty and Carly scenes were fun to watch.

For the first time I was on Molly's side and not Lily's.

Hmmmm.....Luke bumping into Reid(Noah...ummm...closeted gay guy..).....deja vu???happy.gif I'm just sayingbiggrin.gif

Archived