AMC: Agnes Nixon Interview with EW.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally a decent soap related piece from Ent Weekly, even it is online only. I wish it would have been a bit more candid, but really that's much more candid than one usually gets from Agnes, so I guess it'll have to do. Some great bits though as usual it's not always easy to read between the lines (does her One Life comment mean she endorses what RC and FV are doing there? was that a warning to Kreizman or her old best friend EW?)

• Members

<_< Some people wouldn't be happy even if Agnes came out of retirement to write full time for One Life and sacrificed AMC for its survival ;) What about us Loving fans (though actually she did stay more in touch with Loving creatively than One Life--One Life she basically left all together after 5 years whereas she was back at forth at Loving, even writing its penultimate year--but then again ABC never wanted to buy Loving so her production company owned it the entire time--City too, another reason they canceled it so early for PC)

• Members

Right, but ABC wanted a soap and Agnes was happy to give them one since they had been so good to her up till then. Even the network admitted they fucked up though--the original intention was to sandwich it between AMC and OLTL (both which were doing really well)--then they put it as their first soap, before even Ryan's Hope (of course a few years in, they switched it with Ryan's Hope which did slightly improve the ratings, and pretty much meant Ryan's Hope had little hope). If it was on CBS I dunno if it would have been treated any better--remember their own Capitol was quite highly rated when they decided to sacrifice it for B&B.

NBC probably could have had more of a hit with it, but then again NBC have always fucked up their soap schedule, so...

• Members

Haha I did laugh at that too. On one hand it's probably quite exciting for One Life (BTW has their stuff at the new studio started airing?) By all accounts their old place was TINY and also didn't have proper dressing roomes (!). But then to constantly hear about the awesome move out west of AMC, bla bla bla must make any excitement they have feel kinda... Well bringing back the ugly stepchild analogy, it's like your older brother giving you his great old room--because he's moving into the new massive suite your parents built above the garage :D

That's silly ol' Aggie for you--always so blind to how the industry works and what's going on around her. Gotta love that dementia riddled nutjob! :D

Do you want her to tell EW--well I've heard on the internet that this move means nothing except that our show will die even sooner--so within a year I expect my soaps to be gone and within 3 all soaps to be gone--thanks for the interview!

Archived