Women in Soaps - On and Behind the Camera

JaneAusten

• Members

The title should read more like WOMEN IN DAYTIME.

Myself along with 2 other individuals are collaborating on a project for school regarding Women in the Arts. This project focuses on women over the past 40 years in the arts, what they'e accomplished, contributed, and how they have developed over the past 40 years.

Part of this effort involves the entertainment industry, specifically, Films, Theatre, and Television.

I'd like to solicit feedback here if possible in the area of daytime television. IF you have time and are interested, I'd appreciate feedback. You don't need to answer every question, any would be helpful.

1. What roles have women played in daytime television over the years?

2. Have women progressed over the past 40 years, regressed, or stayed the same. Please explain why

3. Have women in daytime helped promote/improve daytime television?

4. Have women in daytime helped promote other women?

5. Has the portrayal of female characters in daytime grown or regressed over the past 40 years? Please explain why

6. How have talk shows played a part in the evolution of daytime and how have women contributed?

7. What forms of daytime entertainment have women played the post pivotal role and what role is that?

8. Do you think women today are rewarded more on merit and talent in daytime than in the past?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived