2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

That's true. While the ABC headwriters seem to have the power to staff their teams however they like for the most part, Carruthers has brought in some of her own hires at times (Hayes, Karen Harris, Kanelos).

Also I just found out that Lisa Connor is friends with David Kreizman's wife.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was a production assistant for Guiding Light from the late 80s until the mid 90s. (I believe she and the Kreizmans overlapped there for about a year in similar positions.) Then she was a writer at ATWT during the interim period (~1997) before Broderick (which I think Addie Walsh was in charge of?). She continued writing ATWT under Broderick and I think the Leah Laiman regime that followed. Then she somehow managed to snag the second-in-command producer slot at AMC under JDB in 1999, which she did until becoming a breakdown writer under Culliton for most of his last year. Then Rayfield and Cascio happened (but lets pretend it didn't) and then McTavish kept her for a while.

I remember the last AMC episode she wrote was the 35th anniversary show.

Post-AMC she seems to have been at ATWT all the way through 2009 when she jumped to Y&R.

• Administrator

Two teasers for this month since two have already been spoiled (AMC Writer IN/Y&R Writer OUT) - though I was thinking of keeping 'AMC Writer IN' for April.

Here are the other two:

B&B Writer OUT

- this exit was surprising

OLTL Writer OUT

• Members

LOL.

B&B Writer OUT is Elizabeth Snyder.

Who the eff knows who's gonna replace her. Maybe Michael and Kay will do the outlines/breakdowns now or maybe Patrick has been promoted. Lord knows the daily tags and Friday cliffhangers on that damn show could use ALOT of work.

Archived