EW: The Death of Soaps...

• Members

WTF is this? It's tasteless and there is nothing insightful in the article, but beyond that, who was this article even written for? Most anyone who would actually recognize ES on the OLTL headstone or MW and MP on the ATWT gravestone would be offended by this, and the people who turn up their noses at soaps wouldn't recognize any of those people. And what's with the random picture of a couple on Loving from 15 years ago? Even a lot of longtime soap viewers' first reaction would probably be, "What is 'Loving' and why are Danny Santos from GL/the current Carly from GH on its tombstone?" I guess I should just be glad there wasn't a Ryan's Hope grave with a picture of Maeve and Johnny Ryan.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it's obvious that someone at ABC above Frons is invested in saving AMC.

I can't believe anyone would doubt that the quality will change without Pratt and with Broderick coming back. Even Agnes Nixon in the SOD article last week said the writing is going to come from character again. If you can't trust Agnes, who can you trust?

• 1 year later...
  • Members

LMAO, I accidentally found this thread by accidentally clicking on the first page in the form. Its amazing how almost a year later, that article was so right about many things, especially OLTL's demise.

• Members

Aside from the part about AMC's move saving ABC a lot of money, and also not mentioning AMC's cancelation or GH's almost certain demise. They also focused on giving time back to affiliates, instead of producing cheap ripoff shows like The Screw.

But I do think they will give back to affiliates within about 5 years or less.

Archived