January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the Carjack stuff today was soooooo tacky. I think it could have been better, but the script just seemed sub-par to me. Not something that should have made it to air.

I really like Sage and am more than a little devastated that we won't get to see her as a teenager.

I totally tuned out Liberty today. I can never keep straight whether she and Parker are dating, or just friends anymore. There doesn't seem to be too much direction there.

And I agree that new, religious Janet is more than a little annoying. The shoddy writing (unless it's intentional) makes her come across as totally hypocritical. What are we supposed to feel other than disgust? Pity?

• Members

I am three days behind. Umm...I think the writers really can't write for anyone on the canvas thus the problem with the show. i havent seen today's show to really comment on it and say whether it was tacky or not with CarJack.

• Members

I cracked up laughing when Carly referred to the pageant mom as some "blinged out bimbo". Gotta give the writers kudos for bringing a little of the old competitive Carly back to life today. I've always floved Carly when her claws come out! :D

Hmmm...Janet says Metro's booked. But YET!!.... it's a friggin' ghost town everytime there's a scene there. Is the budget so dire that they can't even hire extras for that set these days?

Everytime DustNet comes on the TV, my finger has this overwhelming urge to press the fact forward button. I don't see why they don't just go for Round 2. It's obvious Janet worships Dusty's man junk like a piece of candy. Every single line between them seems to either be completely awkward or with uber-sexual undertones.

The actress that plays Sage isn't that good, IMO. Not to mention Sage is written like a 6 year old with high hopes of getting Mommy and Daddy back together. I understand she wants her family back together, and she IS Carly's child, but the writing for the character is so atrociously juvenille.

Poor pitiful Craig. Carly tells him to get lost, and in typical 10 year old brat fashion, he rats her out to Jack, oblivious to the fact that the only way she could get him to leave was to tell him she's reuniting with Jack. Gah, that dude is a total moron. I talk about Sage being immature, but JEEZ! The dude's like 50! Get a life and quit chasing after Carly like some lovesick puppy, manipulating situations just to get close to her. He reminds me of those token geeks in the movies that run around smelling undergarments and chasing after whifts of perfume. GET. A. LIFE. And as for the whole "you started drinking because of Jack"--no, you dumb idiot. She started drinking because you were sitting right beside her, passing over the vodka bottle and encouraging her to drink.

And finally. This is a teeny issue that I've noticed about the sets. Not only has Metro become a ghost town these days, but the Lakeview rooms are all the same! Barbara, Henry, Paul (when he was living there), Craig, Mick, Dusty, and now Janet....they all have the same room. My mind goes back to a time when Barbara actually had a nice looking penthouse, all to herself. I think they may have recycled it for Craig's, but 7 different characters didn't share the same set. Is it too much to ask for some variety????!!

Previews: Loving the CarJack & Skatie kisses. Rolling my eyes at the remainder of them...which consisted entirely of Janet. <_< Why do Goutman/Passanante/Kreizman seem to have such a hard-on for this character??

• Members

Agreed..most 'by the book' religious people pick and choose and only follow the rules that suit them--the stuff that is easy. That is why I say Janet represents MILLIONS of idiots. (I have nothing against real religious people.

As for Craig's bleached hair: when Goutman came in he made this big deal about getting the ATWT hair/make up/waredrobe teams up to speed. He said something about making the show look as good as the west coast soaps. I think he wanted the men, especially Craig (Hunt Block), Paul, Dusty and Luke to look uber-NYC. I live in NYC and a lot of guys here have had thse styles, espcially Dusty's most recent do. I don't know how that plays in the rest of the country. My family is upstate and totally turned off by stuff like that. They are way preppy and would totally think a guy looking like Paul was gay.

• Members

I don't mind using the one Lakeview set over and over; it is a hotel after all. I just wish they'd put a little more effort into personalizing the room according to which character's using it. Babs and Craig use the room as a sitting room, while everyone else gets one room with a bed.

What irks me is the laziness in using the two hospital rooms and rarely if ever bothering to pretend they're on separate floors. IE, Brad and Katie are in the hospital at the same time, and are stuck conveniently in rooms across from each other. Same with Kim and Bob a few months ago. And I really don't understand NOT being able to curtain off an area and call it the ER. Patients are no longer brought into the ER, they all walk onto the 2nd, 3rd, 5th or whatever "floor" they're calling it that day and expect to be looked at.

• Members

I have also noticed now that Dusty is hanging out with Janet at the Metro, they don't show Worldwide (does he still owe it) or the Lakeview bar (his hangout with Bonnie). Pretty soon I fear we will only see Carly's, Lily's, Metro, the same Lakeview room and more location shots, which for now are a nice change.

• Members

They show the Worldwide offices all the time when Maddie and Hunter are working there. And they show the Lakeview bar alot, too.

The hospital stuff you mentioned is pretty accurate, P.J. When Rose was brought in, they had one big curtain that they would close. Family and friends would go behind it to see their loved one in the "E.R." but now, they don't have an E.R. They just walk onto floors randomly. And don't even get me started on the medical emergencies these days. Nobody seems to give a crap whether a patient lives or dies; all the nurses are scattered. And anytime someone codes, like Brad, Bob's lucky to have one nurse assisting....and even THAT nurse forgets the crash cart!!!

Kim and Bob did NOT share the same house as Lily and Holden. I did, however, think that their house looked pretty similar to Hal's. As for the "new living room" part....no, Lily and Holden got a whole new house. I remember them saying something about the house being renovated and then poof! We get a completely different house. And from what I've taken from episode dialogue, it's located in the back or in the front of Emma's house.

• Members

IA, Holden and Lily's set looks nothing like Bob and Kim's old one. What was funny was Kim's kitchen became part of the WOAK set.

The other funny thing is that no matter who lives at Fairwinds, that fugly sculpture lamp remains outside the living room door.

Archived