OLTL: Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is--there's no story here. He's, arguably, more superficially hot than Marko, but not by much, he's arrogant, has been a jerk repeatedly... A 15 year old girl might go for that--someone with the smarts we've seen Langston have never would. It's forced, fake, awful drama and there are so many other story avenues they could go with her character (hell, has she even dealt with her grief for more than 2 episodes?) She looks at him the way a girl might look at a fireman calander, and Markog ets jealous and... Why is this a soap story?

• Members

I have pondered the same points, it just would have been nice to have *seen* them, y'know? I'm just musing, being all soap heroine who goes to heaven and meets her miscarried/aborted babies all growed up.

Seriously though, I don't think I will EVER get over the Mia/Kassie thing, and Lord knows I've tried. I appreciate how later regimes have put a funny little bandaid on it by having Kassie flash back to her Mia self, that I love. But wow, it's still just so crazy to me. What if Ellen Holly had been recast with a dark-skinned actress, or a white woman? This isn't Batman, I don't care if Catwoman goes from Julie Newmar to Eartha Kitt, or even a play with color blind casting, but on a soap??

• Members

I don't think we're disagreeing, except that I like Tea and once found her story with Todd and her (twisted) reasons for trying to make it work with him compelling. You don't, but that's fine with me, and it's a moot point anyway because we've long since passed the point where I find it plausible/palatable that she would keep trying to make it work with him.

As you said, the way Todd and Tea are being presented now is not consistent with her history. I'm not disputing that. I think it speaks to the fact that the show is not invested in Tea as a character, just as a cookie cutter love interest for Todd, the hot rapist. Blair, Tea, or Marty will do. I just don't want to see that, no matter who is playing the role of Todd's doormat in today's episode. The character is more ludicrous than Mitch Lawrence at this point, and more offensive because we're actually supposed to root for him.

Archived