Thom Racina interview

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably sniffing poppers, waiting for the interview to be over so they can tape the "real" interview.

And I mean, seriously, did the interviewer just say Y&R has seen "a resurgence of history"? I mean, yeah if you wanna call absolutely butchering and manipulating that history to suit a plot, no matter how completely implausible and out-of-character it is for the story to happen.

• Members

I don't think he's arrogant, I find him clownish. Just take a look at those giggles and all. :huh: What was that? I think he's really amazed that Gloria accepted that idea and amazed at everything else that has happened since then. Especially startled at the amount of money he received for writing "crap". He doesn't hate daytime, but is indifferent. He even says so, although in different terms, in this interview.

• Members

I wish he took his own advice when he did the SB finale. Someone should have put their foot down and insisted that the show be given a proper sendoff, tying up & finishing their entire 9 year history instead of the last 6 months of the show. I don't blame him as much as Rauch & Long, since they were truly in power, but it's kind of a slap in the face to hear him go on about how important and challenging the task is and how you must give something back to the fans who invested years of their lives on the show when he did exactly the opposite at SB.

I would have liked to have heard more about his experiences at DAYS, AW, and SB, since I was always an NBC fan in the 80s and 90s and for about 10 years or so during that time period, his name was consistently credited on 1 of NBC's soaps. Though I understand he wrote arguably the most important period of GH, I was more interested in the shows he did after, even Generations & Y&R.

I really liked the Brad Pitt story though- shows what interfering fools many execs are.

Archived