DAYS: December Discussion

• Members

Someone else has to be involved. One day this past week, Anna was on the phone with someone talking about how Sydney was doing all right.

Once Vivian landed in the Kiriakis mansion, all seemed well. She had a wonderful scene with Hope regarding Hope's marital spat affecting Christmas and you know Hope will end up looking more into Vivian to find out why Carly is in town. The great thing about Vivian's return is she has been integrated into the present cast and storylines. She is butting into Phillip's life and meddling in her way into his relationship with Melanie. She is causing havoc in the touch and go relationship between Kate & Victor and Kate & Phillip. She hasn't just been thrown onto the canvas without any clear objective.

I think Arianna will probably cozy up to E.J. to try and take him down as a part of the drug operation she is involved with and walk the line of doing her duty and falling for the guy. Brady, of coure, will become furious and the rivalry between E.J. and Brady will continue especially when Nicole eventually becomes a free woman (she cannot be in prison forever). Also, given that Arianna is Rafe' sister and given the history between Rafe/E.J./Sami I'm sure Rafe and Sami will become entangled in the mess. As I think I said in an earlier post, it's a good follow up to the baby switch as it flops the main and supporting players in the story. Sami/Rafe/Nicole were arguably the most featured durng the baby switch while Arianna/Brady/E.J. were more supporting and now it will be vice versa.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. Hope is acting like a real woman would in this situation with a husband who has proven to be untrustworthy with other women in the past. Bo is indignant, but after everything with Billie, he should know better. He would be the same way if Patrick showed up back up and inserted himself into Hope's life.

Where is Justin in all of this? I don't want him romantically involved with Hope. I would like to see him playing Victor's role, going after Carly to push her out of Bo's life while falling in love with her.

• Members

I continue to like EJ and Arianna which surprises me. I never liked that actress from her days on Passion and don't like her with Brady. It looks like Days recognizes that EJ and Arianna have potential. I look forward to see how they write for them.

Kate and Stefano are hilarious. I haven't found Kate this tolerable in years.

For goodness sake, someone rescue adorable Sydney before she gets a complex from these kidnappings.

• Members

They were on background for more than two months now so they deserve some airtime when the show slows down before christmas. And I love Gabby and Ari together. Gabriella Rodriguez is really good addition to the cast. She is natural and she will be a good adversary for Talor´s Mia. Speaking of Taylor, I can´t believe how much she grew up in just a year. The difference between 15 and 16 is really visible. In two years she will be a totall knockout.

• Members

I loved the conversation between Anna and Roman today. Is it too much to hope that this might be pursued further? Tomlin did tell Hunley they would "see how things go," which is what Wally Kurth was told. Imagine Sami's reaction to a Anna/Roman reunion.

The dance scenes did seem to go on and on, but I did love that final moment where Mia walked in on them as Chad told Gabi she was a natural. I just wish the camera lingered on her look longer. I soo miss old school pregnant pauses. I did find the outfits and the hair a bit off for a high school dance.

Has Shelley Henning improved over the last year or have I just adapted to her limitations? I feel she and Hapka work well together even though I prefer Nathan and Melanie. Melanie and Stephanie's scene about family and Christmas was interesting. Both brought their own perspective and Steph was hopeful that Melanie would understand that one day. Now that they switch the gears to Steph/Nathan and Melanie/Phillip everything is more interesting because the two couples who are suppose to be together aren't.

I'm glad Nicole recognized the voice of the kidnapper. This should move the story on a little bit.

Interesting, the show seems to have forgotten, or downplaying, the fact that Tad had genuine feelings for Kinsey back in May. Tad was rather humorous in his scnees with Mia. Spreitler, as well, has shown growth in the past month or I'm simply adapting to her abilities.

• Members

I liked Nathan and Stephanie a lot today, more than I ever had before. I can see them as a couple now.

Phillip asking Melanie to marry him is so stupid.

EJ overhearing Sami and Rafe talking about raising Sydney as their own is not good.

I don't know how Arianna puts up with Brady.

It is sad that this is Lucas' last Horton Christmas.

• Administrator

From a distance the little girl playing Ali looks Nicole Cox who played Endora on Passions. When she walked through the door, I said, "Endora!" LOL

The Horton ornament hanging was so....empty...and fast. Christmas just isn't the same anymore on DAYS. I wish there were more Hortons. :(

• Members

I agree, Toups!! The ornament hanging is not like it use to be. It would have been great if tomorrow episode was the ornament hanging episode and Hortons could have returned: Sarah, Melissa, Marie, Jessica, Steven, Sandy, David, Bill, etc. some of the roles would have to be recast but it would be a good shot as long as its some veteran soap stars

• Members

Loved seeing Doug and Julie again and Julie creating a scene about Bo and Hope. Good old Julie, Days' original schemer queen. I had to snicker over the trivia question of who's ornament broke(Answer=Chloe). My mother swears it happened to someone else too and something bad happened to them as well, but I don't know who that would be.

Yes the Hortons hanging the ornaments was too rushed I mean I loved as the camera panned the tree and reminded us of past Horton and Horton-related characters but it should have been more than just one scene. It also was weird they kept implying that Mickey and Alice were there, but obviously they weren't.

Anna and the call from Stefano...Hilarious line! "You wanna be close to Tony? Then drop dead!" :wub:

Archived