Time of Your Life

SFK

• Members

I probably should have just PM'd Eric from Montreal about this :P but has anyone ever heard of this program? You know how on IMDb or Wikipedia, a click leads to a click leads to a click, and I just stumbled upon this show and wondered about it. We didn't get this one in the U.S. like Hillside/Fifteen. At least I don't think we did. I couldn't seem to find anything on YouTube. Here's the Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Your_Life_(Canadian_TV_series)

I really wish I knew more about this show, because one of the ex-cast members has unloaded all types of dish on the IMDb message board.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting. Yeah, I'm a year older than you and we had a similar sounding show called Tribes here in the states that used to come on in that after the cartoons/before the news slot. I wasn't into it, but I think it lasted barely a year as well.

I'll keep searching for clips, no luck yet, and it certainly doesn't help that there are a million other things called "Time of Your Life".

And:

"It was later rumored after production ceased the show bible, synopsis and broadcast package was sold to a notorious American developer was re-created as a very popular television series which lasted 10 years."

Uhh, is the author of that Wikipedia article intimating that this was the precursor to 90210?? "[N]otorious American developer" sounds more like Donald Trump than Aaron Spelling. :P

• Members

I'm good friends with someone who worked on TIME OF YOUR LIFE, behind the scenes on the creative end of things, so I felt obliged to watch it and discuss the show with him.

It was dreadful, but I had a certain amount of interest because my friend would explain why they had to do certain things, story-wise, and what severe limitations they had to work around (very few sets, some flaky actors, nepotism, no money, etc). I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did, considering all the production problems. In any case, it's not a "lost gem". Its main draw was actor Jason Cavalier, who was both a hunk and a good actor. They were lucky to have him as the lead. Anyway, the series itself is better off gone and forgotten. Even my friend agrees, LOL!

As for TRIBES, that was somewhat better. It had more sets, more money for production, some good casting, including Greg Watkins, later of ATWT, who wore the tightest jeans imaginable on the show (it's weird what you remember!), and the appealing Scott Garrison, later of SWAMP THING. Sadly, it was created by the dread Leah Laiman, and the writing was generally weak. If they had tightened up the cast, dropped some of the dead weight teen "actors", and replaced the writers, it might have had a shot. I've kept all the episodes from the series' run, but have never felt the urge to rewatch them.

Here's a youtube clip of Jason Cavalier, the best thing about TOYL, and who went on to do lots of stunt work. He's the guy in the sunglasses and black coat at 30 seconds in.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I don't know how I missed you post, but thanks for the information! Now I really wanna see this piece of garbage (j/k :lol: ). I guess I have a thing for those Canadian teeny bopper dramas like Hillside/Fifteen and the original Degrassi. :P

Archived