Look into the past: August 1983

• Members

Wasn't there something about them making Sarah cut her super long thick hair and then firing her? She taught at my school though I never had her or crossed paths with her, probably best because I would have been "that guy" asking her a million questions.

I never really watched RH, just caught the occasional ep on SoapNet, but was there an effort to make Randall's Delia more of a sexy bitch? I ask because there was that US magazine cover with the "vixens of daytime" and she was on the cover with Lucci, Strasser, and Gabet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sarah Felder was fired? Why? That's bizarre, she seemed such a good fit for the role. Did they not think she would be good enough as mob moll Siobhan? Ann Gillepsie wasn't either. She seemed like the long lost Brady sister. Siobhan shouldn't have been in that role anyway.

I do think that recasts hindered some roles. I'd say Pat and Faith because Malcolm Groome and Catherine Hicks were such a crucial part of the show in 1977 and could have been much more if they'd stayed or the show had found actors who had a similar spark. Mary was dead when Kate Mulgrew left and they should have followed her wishes and killed Mary. To keep her around, such an unpleasant character by that time without Mulgrew's charm to cut through some of the contempt, then to not put Jack with Siobhan, it all just sort of fell apart, especially when they didn't keep Rose.

There wasn't a lot of consistency in RH which was necessary with actors staying around. There was Roger, and Johnny and Maeve, and Jill, but that wasn't quite enough. When ABC got involved and starting doing movie ripoffs (Godfather, Jaws, King Kong), and made the show about the mob and Kimberly, I'm not surprised the ratings started to fall. The show lost its identity.

SFK, I think Elaine managed to play Dorian's vulnerability in a way which wasn't as weak as Philece. What I disliked about Philece as Donna was she was just weak constantly. The only time she pulled herself up slightly was when she was meddling in Vicky's life or Marley's life but even that was more like an interfering aunt. I haven't seen a lot of her DAYS work but she was so miscast as Donna. I think for what they wanted Dorian to be at that time Elaine worked.

I don't believe Randall's Delia was ever written as a sexy b!tch. Delia was never that way, that I can remember, in the 75-81 episodes. They may have put her on the cover as they wanted to get some publicity for the ABC lineup. I remember Kelli Maroney was on a cover with Andrea Evans and Genie Francis.

• Members

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with Philece, she was not a Donna by any stretch of the imagination. That whole casting decision seems like backstage politics to me, maybe she had some sort of deal with NBC or something, maybe she had the "right" friend. And then they dumbed the character down and made her act like a climber, kissing Iris' ass, when Donna was old money herself, just wrong. Reminds me of the old, "We're going to youthen the role" thing you used to hear more often, and she just came across as a little girl playing grown up diva.

• Members

Wasn't Maggie DePriest at DAYS when Philece played Renee? She also wrote for AW during that Donna era.

I hated that whole Reginald story, what I saw of it. He was so one-dimensional and she was so one-dimensional and Peter became his flunkie and Michael just did a lot of "Damn you!" and "Donna!!" and that awful teeth-grinding Kale Brown did to show anger.

I wish I'd seen the Sin Stalker story, to see if it's any better on the show than it was on the page.

• Members

Sam Hall as generally well regarded at OLTL I think SLesar as co headwriter emphasised organized crime more than the show should have though (though this maybe have started withthe Corringtons a year or so earlier in 83) OLTL seemed to have a revolving situation with Capitol with the writing teams goingbakc and forth for a while

• Members

Oh yes. Reginald made me firmly turn off the show.

Which is sad, because I'd actually have followed Denise Alexander and Chris Robinson anywhere at that time. But they were both so tarnished by that era. I also much much preferred the first Vince Mackinnon (the slightly overweight, blue collar version). Robert Hogan has always given me the creeps, and I found zero likeability in his version of Vince.

I always missed Ben Mackinnon. I enjoyed the young guy who played a kind of goofy teen when the family was introduced. I enjoyed his friendship with ? (played by Russell Carver), and I enjoyed the young romances of that era (e.g., with Thomasina). There was tons of potential in that young group, but then they killed off Faith Ford in that Mallorca-crime story, and that whole group sort of dissipated. When it was done, only Jake Mackinnon remained...the dark soul that became AW's anti-hero ever after. (I also really liked Perry Hutchins, and especially his dynamic with the then-very-dark Carl Hutchins...long before he got sapped-up with Rachel Cory. Back then he was much more interested in getting under the skin of his "Belladonna" and "Fanny Grady").

• Members

They never gave Chris Robinson a chance. He was unfocused, and then he became very dark, beyond dark, very quickly. I wish they'd done more with his relationship with Sharlene, they were a very believable brother and sister. I was horrified at how quickly they moved Jason further and further down the slime level. After he died we even found out he'd pimped Sharlene out to neighborhood boys when she was a little girl. Jason's death was also used to get rid of Nicole Love. I wasn't a fan but it was just wrong to see her completely lose her mind and get shipped away, never to return.

I never understood why they didn't bring Ben McKinnon back either. Not even for a visit. Perhaps they were afraid he would eclipse Jake, but that's silly, as he was a completely different character.

Russell's character was named Carter Todd. It's funny that he went on to play David Grant, who was the same age as Todd, only that was like 10 years later. Russell also hadn't aged when he played that poor doctor on Sunset Beach, the one that Virginia somehow used to artificially inseminate Vanessa. He never could act but obviously he knew how to take care of himself.

Didn't they flirt with pairing Ben and Thomasina? I think they kissed at a summer picnic, but this was never mentioned again? Not the last time AW would back off interracial relationships, sadly.

You've probably already seen this but I like this clip with Patty and John. I think it really shows Patty as a character, she is so sure in her devotion to Jack. She's a little bit crazy in her zealousness, but that's only because we now know her as a lunatic. And it reminds me of what a strong presence Jerry Douglas was when they allowed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6ytUdjuU4

There's a character on the Australian soap, Neighbours, named Sam, and she's bipolar, and when she's on the show, she regularly struggles between sanity and madness. I kind of wish they could have done that with Patty.

• Members

In the new Claire Labine interview at WeLoveSoaps, she said that Sarah Felder was definitely fired. They didn't like the way she looked and so they fired her. Same with Ilene Kristen. Said it was a fight to keep Kristen as Delia all those years.

• Members

That sucks. So it was ABC that fired her, and Claire and Paul had no choice? That annoys me. She was such a wonderful actress and so right for the part. I guess ABC cast Ann Gillespie, I never thought she fit the part but I guess she was more of their type.

Sarah was so good, and she never really got work after that either.

Poor Ilene, she was so wonderful as Delia, and she really built Delia up early on, yet they would have fired her and replaced her with some random bimbo I guess.

It's a good reminder that ABC has never been that fair.

I'm amazed they let Karen Wolek be recast with Judith Light.

• Members

FrenchFan, thanks so much for this look back into the last 5 months of 1983. Will you be continuing into 1984? Some good stuff is coming up on Y&R: the St. Croix remote, Victor and Nikki's reunion and wedding (the best wedding ever on daytime).

• Members

I'll try Kalbir. I have every summaries from September 1979 to December 1983 on a word document on my computer (and December 1974 to August 1979 somewhere on paper: I would need time to type it down). If you send me a PM with your email, I can send the word document to you. I will try to go on with 1984 and so on when I have time.

• Members

JANUARY 1984

All My Children

Written by: Wisner Washam

Produced by: Jacqueline Babbin

Arrested by FBI, Jesse pretends to call lawyer but actually contacts Angie, telling her to take the baby and run. Angie goes to Pine Valley, where Les discovers her. He urges her to give up the baby but she refuses. Les is fearful his adoption scheme will be exposed. Jesse's cellmate talks of jailbreak. Olga insists Jenny continue modeling. In New York, Olga is stunned when she realizes Tony has left. Greg and Jenny discuss Valentine's Day wedding and decide to hold off lovemaking until after marriage. Gil is falling for Brooke. Ellen files for divorce from Mark. Nina, taking care of Bobby while Mrs. Gurney is ill, grows closer to Cliff. Dottie fails to seduce Tad.

During the trial, Jesse's juvenile delinquent background is brought up. Les is frightened when Jesse's statement that he never signed the adoption papers is accepted by the court. Upset by Erica's departure with Mike, Adam sends her a diamond necklace. Palmer approaches Erica with magazine deal. Having been warned about business dealings with Palmer, she suggests he see Adam. Palmer excitedly plans a gourmet feast. After Donna turns down his marriage proposal, Benny decides to leave town. Berated by Phoebe for not accepting Benny's proposal, Donna retaliates by having another date with Ross. Adam decides to have Donna's past investigated. Nina is appalled when she spots Liza on Cliff’s lap. Tom refuses to believe Brooke's charges that Gil made pass at her.

The court decides Angie and Jesse have right to their baby Frank. A ruined Les faces disbarment and Pat is leaving him over black-market baby dealings. Angie refuses to reconcile with Les. Nina's plans to make Cliff jealous work, although Sam, who's being used to make Cliff jealous, confides to Nina that he has grown very fond of her. Mike spots Erica kissing Adam. Edna thinks Tad's a gold-digger and orders Dotty to stop seeing him, but Dotty plans to see him anyway. Alfred takes Dotty on a date. Donna considers telling Ross about her hooker past. Gil saves Ellen from an attacker. Tom goes out of town when his father suffers heart attack.

Suspecting she's pregnant, Liza confronts Tad, who scrapes together money for an abortion. Learning of Tad's offer, Larry goes to Joe, who is disappointed by Tad's course of action. Liza's pregnancy tests are negative. Donna tells Ross about her past as a prostitute. Ross respects her honesty and Donna decides to tell Adam. Donna is disturbed when she finds a half-crazed Adam babbling about the end of the world. Mike tells Erica he has a Tibet assignment, unaware Adam made sure Mike was given the remote job. Unable to find work, Jesse agrees to be messenger for the unsavory Bud. Jesse is furious when he finds Angie working at Foxy's in a sleazy costume. Learning Tony had a breakdown, Jenny wants to forgive him but Greg is uncertain. After a night of lovemaking, Nina is certain she and Cliff will remarry and tells Myra, but Cliff is not anxious to rush into remarriage.

Another World

Written by: Dororthy Ann Purser

Produced by: Allen Potter

Donna fears Carl will tell the reason for their bitter divorce. Peter is getting more involved with Cecile, despite warnings from Nicole and Donna. Rachel is angry because Stacey is honeymooning instead of preparing Jamie's legal defense. Peter took over the case. Sally is horrified because Julia's latest novel is based on Sally's affair with David. Lily is unhappy when Henrietta agrees to marry Roy. Kevin is in a sledding accident.

Henrietta sells her bakery for $3 million, with Mac stunned that Carl Hutchins is the buyer. David steals the letter Sally left for Peter which expressed her love for him. Gil arrives home to find Julia in bed with bottle of champagne. She is crestfallen when he spurns her seduction attempt. Cecile is overwhelmed by Cass's generosity when he presents her with the jewelry he bought from her. Cecille sneaks into Liz's files after being pressured by Cass. Ted accuses Jamie of tampering with his film to make him look bad. David takes advantage of Kevin's growing attachment to Sally in order to get closer to her.

A furious Mark demands an explanation from Stacey when he discovers the engagement ring Jamie gave her. Stacy tells Mark if he has no faith in her and questions the paternity of their baby, perhaps they should split up. Mark takes job as columnist for Brava. Julia decides not to write a novel based on Sally's love life, and is stunned when Cass refuses to give back book outline, saying he's going to publish it and it'll become a bestseller. Julia begs Gil to help her steal back the book from Cass's apartment. Peter invites Cecile to accompany him on jet to Canada. Ted tells Perry he wants him to take over a larger cocaine-dealing territory in Bay City, but Perry says first he must meet Mr. Big. Peter makes love to Cecile in the lounge of Mac's company jet. Clarice confronts Quinn about her part-time job at Frame Construction Co.

Perry is shot in his shoulder. Jamie and Sandy pursue and catch Ted. As Perry recovers in hospital, Brian is heartbroken by Ted's action. Brian refuses to spring Ted from jail because he knows Ted needs psychiatric help. Jamie asks Nicole to move in with him. While Mac is flying back to Bay City on his private jet, the engine trouble develops. Blaine and Stacey have a baby shower.

As The World Turns

Written by: John Saffron & Tom King

Produced by: Mary-Ellis Bunim

Frannie is on strict diet. Jeff sees Karen and agrees to let her tell Annie he needs her. Richard gets job at pinball joint, claiming he is psychologist doing study on video arcades. John is reinstated at hospital with David voting against him and Bob abstaining. Barbara believes Richard has left town. John tells Det. Kevin Callahan about meeting Richard on train, but Kevin doesn't believe Richard exists. Maggie wants to adopt a child. Jake, an old flame of Diana's, wants to resume affair, but she refuses. Ernie and Cricket wed as she goes into labor. On way to hospital, Cricket gives birth to baby girl. Paul tells Gunnar he wants him to move back home.

Betsy is pinned under the beam loosened by Craig at the lakefront property. Steve gets Betsy out unharmed. Craig convinces Kim through Betsy that she should sell the lakefront property. Richard manages to exit hospital by posing as priest. Deciding to frame Karen for Bob's shooting, Richard places a bloodstained handkerchief in the Dixon house. John throws out the handkerchief but Richard retrieves it. Betsy considering going to bed with Craig in order to save her marriage, but Kim suggests she remain true to herself. Kirk tells Frannie that he loves her. Lyla agrees to reconcile with Frank even though he withheld information that he was Steve's cousin. Richard learns John's phone to be tapped.

Frank learns his life is in danger and cancels his trip to Montreal with Lyla, saying she's in danger when she's around him. Craig is furious when he learns Kim turned the lakefront property over to the Throwaway Kids group. Tom tells Margo that Callahan is setting a trap for John. Dusty loses many of his friends when their parents believe John shot Bob. Karen convinces Dusty that John saved Bob's life and didn't try to harm him. Richard tells John he wants him to kill Gunnar or Karen will be framed for Bob's shooting. Marcy applies for a job as Danielle's nurse but runs out when Betsy checks her references. Lyla walks in while Betsy is with Steve and calls her a tramp, although Betsy insists she and Steve have done nothing.

Karen is upset with John for talking to Gunnar about Dusty. Frannie saves Marcy from being arrested for shoplifting. John tells Richard he hates Gunnar but needs more time before killing Gunnar for him. Paul has a nightmare about a man wanting to take Barbara away. Bob is so fixated about his problems of working with John that he ignores Frannie's problems. Frannie is torn between attending Yale and staying in Oakdale to be with Kirk. Betsy sees Zack, who assures her her love for Steve is not wrong and she is not responsible for Craig's paralysis. Maggie considers artificial insemination. Lyla tells Craig she thinks he and Betsy should move to Boston.

Capitol

Written by: Peggy O’Shea

Produced by: John Conboy

Paula is unhappy when ambassador from Nishoba invited to party. Security is tightened because of the ambassador's attendance. Mark and Clarissa plan to spend only a short time together at party in order to head off gossip. Sloane accepts Trey's marriage proposal. Myrna realizes Paula's hoax about being unable to leave room may have turned into the real thing. Wally tells Ronni their relationship's not over but they'll have to work hard at it, especially after this last episode with Brenda. Julie is a bit jealous because her gift from Tyler is a mink collar, while Sloane gets a full-length sable from Trey. Trey spots Ricky in hospital. Ricky claims Brenda led him on. Cleggs stunned when police say no legal action will be brought against Ricky. Amy is thrilled when Fran returns to Zurich.

Paula pretends that she wants to attend the party, but Mark knows it's not true. Myrna makes Jordy attend the gala when Sam decides to visit Brenda at the clinic. Sloane decides to keep her engagement to Troy a secret. Beth is upset when Thomas must leave party after being called back to hospital. After Jordy tells Beth he is grateful to Thomas for saving Brenda's life, Beth suggests Jordy repay Thomas by staying away from her. At the party, Zed tells a breathtakingly beautiful Maggie about all the jewels the guests are wearing, even being able to pinpoint which are real and the price of nearly every object. Maggie calls Zed "Jimmy." Brenda is spooked when she gets a taped message from Ricky. Paula overhears Mark tell Clarissa he plans to divorce Paula and marry her.

While dancing with Zed, Maggie calls him Jimmy. Trey admits to Julie he and Sloane are serious about one another. Julie gets tipsy at the party. Myrna tells Vera Sweet that Mark and Clarissa are lovers. Wally is upset when he spots Jordy and Beth dancing closely. Jordy and Beth rendezvous on the terrace and share a passionate embrace, although both feel guilty. The twosome are unaware that Zed has spotted them. A deranged Paula fires her gun, shooting Clarissa in the neck, and Tyler takes a slug in his upper arm. Tyler's injuries are minor, but Clarissa lies in coma and may be paralyzed.

Thinking Clarissa's shooting may have been an inside job, Tyler recalls Zed standing at the foot of the stairway. After Thomas tells Wally Clarissa may not survive surgery and it will be Thomas' fault because he decided to go ahead with it, Wally pays a visit to his father's grave and prays for Clarissa's life. Clarissa's heartbeat is restored, the bullet is removed and she's on the road to recovery. Brenda finds Wally at his father's grave and tells him about Clarissa. After giving Brenda a tender kiss, Wally warns her that he still considers her only a friend. Paula is unhappy when she learns Clarissa will pull through. Beth is fearful Thomas was told she and Jordy were alone on balcony when Clarissa was shot. Jordy tells Beth police should be told they were together and can testify to Zed's whereabouts, but Beth refuses.

Days Of Our Lives

Written by: Margaret DePriest & Sheri Anderson

Produced by: Betty Corday & Al Rabin

Doug is in serious condition following heart attack suffered when he found Hope and Bo in compromising position. Following an argument with Liz, Neil removes his wedding band. Don agrees to temporarily manage Liz's singing career. Bo plans to bug Alex in order to get evidence against him. When a strange man enters library, Roman knocks him out and tells Anna they must leave and find new disguises. Bo is stunned to arrive at secret library room with Roman gone and strange man lying on floor.

Alex drives Ty out of town when the tapes turn out to be blank. Eugene gets strange vibrations when he's around Tony. To assure Maggie he has no romantic feelings for Liz, Don decides to set a wedding date. Anna and Roman continue to hide in a monastery and dress as monks. Dr. Veronica Kimball joins hospital staff and is immediately attracted to Neil. Marlena and Eugene are tailing Bo in order to find Roman. Bo is furious when he discovers he is wearing a homing device. Recovering from heart attack, Doug wonders if his keeping Bo and Hope apart was the right thing.

Against Roman's wishes, Anna heads for Salem and Alex's house, where she feigns a fainting spell. Hope is grateful when Larry arranges Bo's release from jail. Tony follows the Phoenix's instructions and has pickpocket steal the Baka key from Eugene. Doug fears he will not be able to lead "normal" life following his heart attack. Roman discovers that the Baka key ties the Bradford and DiMera families together. Hope signs the final papers to get her inheritance. Liz tells Don she loves him and can't help singing her love songs to him at Doug's place. Roman is spotted in Salem but eludes capture. Later, the murderer goes into a secret room to put message in computer as the mask of Roman lays nearby. A freezing Roman huddles in a deserted warehouse while the murderer puts on the mask and prepares to kill again. Hope screams in the shower as she sees the murderer disguised as Roman lunging at her with a knife.

After his attempt to kill Hope fails (it was never intended to succeed), "Tony" strips off Roman Brady mask he is wearing. Hope and Larry identify Roman as her attacker. Tony realizes Delia knows reason for Phoenix's orders but refuses to tell him what it is. Delia is upset when Tony offers Anna job and has her move into penthouse. Anna discovers secret passageway in penthouse. Alex encourages Liz to pursue Don. Doug dreams he has another heart attack while making love to Julie. Roman decides to stage his own death.

The Edge Of Night

Written by: Lou Sheldon

Produced by: Erwin Nicholson

A blind Chris is unhappy when Derek learns of her affliction. A torn photo of Chris is found in her hospital room. Chris wards off hospital room attacker who claims "Pat sent him." Nancy goes on book tour. Raven is fearful of losing Jamie again. Raven is unable to get closer to the child, but Sky succeeds. Jamie's arrival reminds Geraldine of her late adopted son Kevin, Raven's first husband.

Sky realizes Raven lied about Logan being an ogre. She admits she is afraid of losing Sky. Chris turns down Miles's marriage proposal. At a press conference, Chris pretends she can see, but Jeremy suspects Chris is blind because she never blinks her eyes. Shelley sinks deeper into depression. Didi gets a threatening phone call. Alicia provides Greg with a phony past.

Mrs. DeGrut plans to get Sky and Jamie to leave Raven but her plans fall through. Raven admits to Sky that she has mixed feelings for Logan. Having been blind himself, Mike tells Chris that she should get therapy. Preacher helps Marty fight off three thugs. Preacher agrees to be a engineer for Dr. Beth Corell's call in show and work for the Suicide Hotline. On his first day at the Suicide Hotline, Preacher gets a call from Shelley, who's contemplating suicide.

Moe Eberhardt tells the Whitneys to drop the Standing Elk case. While talking to Preacher on hotline, Shelley pops pill and swigs booze. Suddenly there is a knock on Shelley's door. She hangs up and Derek is unable to trace a call. Later Preacher realizes it was Calvin knocking on door. Preacher rushes to Shelley and saves her. Jeremy promises Shelley he will stay by her. Chris's attempt to prove to Derek she can return to police force fails as she tries to demonstrate her ability to make an arrest Chris breaks down when she realizes she cannot rejoin force as street cop. Raven's attempts to blackmail Mrs. DeGrut into leaving fail.

General Hospital

Written by: Anne Howard Bailey

Produced by: Gloria Monty

Grant's medical license is revoked. In a London asylum, the original Grant Putnam realizes who he is after reading newspaper story and is backed up by family attorney, Henry Armitage. Meanwhile, Port Charles' Grant is depressed but continues to work at Bryan's clinic. Rose is furious when Lu isn't home. She calls police and later realizes Lu and Blackie spent night together in dorm room. Lu, embarrassed by what happened, tells authorities she doesn't want Rose to be her guardian. Lu packs her bags and plans to move in with Blackie, but he nixes idea. Rose and Lu have heart-to-heart talk and regain their old relationship. Bobbie and Brock are married by Lee, without Bobbi telling Brock she needs hysterectomy. Port Charles residents suffer botulism which originated in one of Brock's plants.

Armistead manages to get Grant (the original Grant, whom everyone thought was dead) released from sanitarium. Dr. Campbell is enraged when he returns and discovers Grant has been released because he feels he is psychotic and could be dangerous. Back in Port Charles, Grant H (the former spy who assumed the real Grant Putnam's identity), signs on to work on construction crew, unaware Jimmy Lee is now his boss. Grant II realizes Grant I is alive but decides to wait before telling Celia. With botulism traced to Brock's plant, Rick shuts it down. Brock is sued by one victim's wife. The beautiful Steffi Brand arrives in Port Charles and decides to manage Blackie's band. Robert agrees to let Holly uncover Hannibal's dance scam. Monica is overjoyed when she receives call from orphanage where she grew up saying someone's been checking into her whereabouts.

Monica is thrilled when she realizes she may have been put in touch with her natural family. Brock is in a financial bind as Bobbie supports Rick's decision to close the factory on temporary basis while they track down botulism. Bobbie collapses and starts hemorrhaging; Brock is told she needs hysterectomy. Brock decides to cause trouble for Rick by looking into Mike's adoption. Rick cautions Blackie that Steffie Brand's recording contract may mean trouble for him. Jake asks Rose to marry him, but she's unsure because of the difference in their religious backgrounds. Celia is stunned when Grant suggests they take government up on their relocation offer. Grant comes face-to-face with the man whose identity he took years ago. Government tells Grant that he can no longer use real Grant's name and must use his real name, Andre. Celia is confused when she gets phone call from Andre while the real Grant is in her living room.

Grant tries to piece back eight missing years of his life. Alan is feeling sorry for the original Grant, offers him chance to attend local medical school. Jackie and Grant become friends. Celia and Grant II decide to stay in Port Charles. Blackie is forced to fire Tommy as a manager. Bobbie has emergency hysterectomy. Brock and Bobbie realize that their value systems are totally different. Edward learns Allison is really Lorene Sharpe. Monica is angry when Alan questions if a woman coming to Port Charles is really her cousin. Monica accuses the Quartermaines of being paranoid about their money and says she's entitled to a family just as they are. Jake and Rose are engaged. Social worker allows Lu to stay with Rose. Armistead is told by the original Grant's doctor that Grant displays psychotic tendencies. Scorpio is worried Holly's investigation of Hannibal is endangering her life.

Guiding Light

Written by: Pamela K. Long

Produced by: Gail Kobe

H.B. offers to help Billy pay Reva. Billy wonders what H.B. wants in return. Josh fears LTA will be lost if Reva is involved. Vanessa is stunned by news that Billy is still wed to Reva but he promises they will marry. Mindy checks into expensive New York hotel and charges it to Billy. Rick places ad in newspaper hoping Philip will spot it. Bradley heads for New York when he realizes where Beth and Philip are. Warren gets Officer Malloy to plant cocaine on Ross when Warren threatens to expose Malloy's sister Elaine's methadone treatments.

In New York, Bradley is hot on Philip and Beth's trail. Mindy lands a job playing piano in restaurant where Rick is short-order cook. The owner decides to hire her as piano player. Ross loses the election by a narrow margin. Philip calls Ross from New York. Ross decides to get closer to Trish, not only because he likes her but because he realizes this is a way of getting back at Alan for having cocaine planted on him. Josh asks Reva to divorce Billy. Remembering her romance with Josh, Reva agrees. When Vanessa walks in and sees Billy and Reva embracing, she mistakes it for a romantic clinch and tells Billy the wedding's off. Mindy and Rick find Philip and Beth.

A gang leader, Lujack enters Tony's place, assaults Tony and takes money Floyd left behind bar. Floyd finds Lujack but learns all his money has blown away. Josh agrees to offer Ross job as LTA lawyer when he realizes Trish loves Ross. John tells Warren the virus he's working on will soon reach North America. John is pleased Hillary saw him kissing Katie because he does not want any commitments. Although they realize they love each other, Claire and Kelly decide he must take temporary out-of-town medical assignment. Mindy and Rick admit their love for one another. Brad finds Rick and Mindy and holds gun on them, but Rick forces Brad to back down. Reva tells Josh she loves him, but he says she's just trying to use him. Upset because Vanessa has called off marriage, Billy decides to have fun, takes Reva to lunch and offers her money. Beth tells Philip she can never marry him.

After Beth tells him about Bradley raping her, Philip promises he will protect her and they will always be together Rick and Mindy escape Bradley by using a toy gun. Unaware Bradley is trailing them, Rick and Mindy decide to pay a last visit to Belvedere castle before returning home. Rick and Mindy are unaware that the mime act in the park is Beth and Philip. Josh is touched when he spots his high school ring around Reva's neck. John saves Hillary when Elaine holds her hostage in his lab. Tony conceals headaches and blurred vision. Tony wants to help Lujack, who is in jail for theft of Floyd's money A crazed Elaine shoots her brother, police officer Roger Malloy. Roger dies before telling Ross that Alan had him plant cocaine on Ross. Maureen enters John's lab and recognizes Dr. Stevens. Kelly leaves for Boston.

Loving

Written by: Douglas Marland

Produced by: Joseph Stuart

At trial, Lily II emerges, saying she hated Garth. While Lily is on the stand, June realizes that she, June, shot Garth during a struggle and then blocked the incident out. Charges against Jack are dropped. Ann tells Lorna Roger may stay at home. Curtis feels betrayed by Lily, but later Lily II says she can come out anytime she wants and the man she wants is Curtis. Mike and Noreen plan quick divorce. Rose tells Stacey that changing herself for Tony is not a sure way to win him. Dane, fired by Cabot, offers to buy construction business formerly owned by Roger's late father Johnny. He phones a woman called Shana in Rome to tell her she is an illegitimate Cabot. Shana arrives in Corinth.

Shana Sloane, Cabot's illegitimate daughter, comes to Corinth to confront him. Cabot swears he loves her but she's not so sure. Shana continues to remember a man she loved dearly from her past. Ann and Roger reconcile and he decides to take senate seat. Mike tells Ann he understands but will always care for her. While with Jack, Lily II appears but manages to pretend she's still Lily I. Although unhappy Rita Mae going to college, Billy agrees to her renewed education.

Curtis believe Lily II is the real personality, not Lily I. The psychiatrist warns that Lily II's personality can be dangerous. Shana and Jim Vochek relive their former romance. Rita Mae is having hard time in school, but tells Billy she plans to tough it out. Ann vows to make a go of marriage with Roger. Lily II has feeling of total control over Lily I; she tries to run away but is stopped by Jack.

At cabin, Lily II comes out and is about to strike Jack with axe when Curtis walks in. Lily II begs Curtis to take her away Curtis says no, she needs help. Lily II then tells Curtis that she never loved him and was only using him. Lily I tells Jack she's afraid and he says he will stay with her and get her the proper help. Shana tells Cabot he either makes her head of one of his failing department stores in Corinth or she'll reveal her identity. Cabot agrees. Lorna and Tony spend night together. She tells him he is her first lover and that she loves him, but he says they are only good friends. Billy is upset when Rita Mae tries to lose her Southern accent. Jim remembers the time he and Shana spent together while he was in seminary. Clem asks Noreen to meet him in Washington. Billy sends Jack to help ex-addicts at settlement house.

One Life to Live

Written by: Sam Hall & Henry Slesar

Produced by: Jean Arley

Lucinda has grand piano shipped, unaware the word "Christofori" is imprinted on piano. Wanting to find Christofori but unaware of what it is, Bo and Clint place ad in newspaper. Hawk meets with Jenny, telling her he was a friend of Peter's in San Carlos. When Jenny doesn't recognize Hawk, he spares her life for now. Dorian, hoping to break up Jenny and David, tells Jenny David is Cassie's father, that he stole Cassie from Dorian and then left her with his mother. A dismayed Jenny goes to David. Before she can confront him, he tells her the story and the two become closer than ever. Hawk plans meeting with Bo. Bo tells Hawk that he has half of the letter from Guersero. When Hawk tells Bo to produce it and Bo cannot. Hawk pulls knife.

Hawk cuts his hand in a fight with Bo but manages to escape the warehouse before Bo sees his face. Believing Asa is trying to get San Carlos fortune for himself, Bo decides to get it first and return it to the poverty-stricken country. Guerrero's widow, Mrs. Allardyce, spots Simon's picture and pays her son a visit. Simon explains he went to San Carlos to see his father, but left when he realized how corrupt he was. Simon has secretly decided to get the fortune for himself. Jenny and David become lovers, and before leaving for concert in, Denver, David asks Jenny to marry him. Herb files for divorce from Dorian. Anthony plans children's benefit and enlists Dorian, who is unaware it's a scam. Delilah decides she wants to be a major star and Brad becomes her manager. The National Intruder exposes Becky's and Asa's platonic marriage, but Becky still tells Asa they cannot sleep together.

Simon tells Asa that he is Guerrero's son. Asa gives Simon 48 hours to come up with answers to where fortune is or he'll have him jailed. Delilah wants to be taken to Broadway by Warren. Brad is angry when Delilah tells him this. Hawk decides he has to kill Jenny or he'll be exposed as the San Carlos terrorist. Just as Hawk's about to ambush her, he is interrupted and his chance to kill her passes. Financial problems cause Viki to sell out some major Banner holdings. Cassie is developing a major crush on Simon. Dorian wants Cassie to stop seeing Simon, but Herb refuses to intervene.

Injected with anesthetic by Hawk, Jenny lies near death. When her condition improves, David asks her to marry him and she accepts. Returning from San Carlos, Marco has lead on Cristofori letter. Edwina is angry because Marco pretended he was going to Washington. David reads a letter, which says, "Ravel Pavane to a Dead Princess Opens Door to Future " David sits down at piano and plays the tune which unlocks a secret panel. He spots millions of dollars in jewels. David decides to return the jewels to San Carlos. He hides them, unaware that Simon is in the room. As David leaves, Simon snatches up the jewels. Delilah returns from New York, saying she quit the Broadway show and wants to return to Wildlife, but is told she's been replaced. Dorian is scouring country for celebrities to appear at children's benefit. Samantha agrees to date Anthony.

Ryan’s Hope

Written by: Pat Falken Smith

Produced by: Joseph Hardy

When Maggie refuses to make love with a drunken Roger, he accuses her of wanting Frank. Bill fears underworld henchmen have Siobhan. Little John returns from visit with Delia in San Diego and says he doesn't want to live with Frank and Jill. Seneca is thrilled that his plan is working, but amazed when Frank and Jill still intend to elope. Dusty drops all charges against Bess and plans return to Tacoma. Maggie tells Jill Bess was an unfit mother. Sydney and Jack make love, but Jack promises himself never again. Leigh comes to tell Jack that Ryan has fever and spots Sydney's nylons. Depressed by Faith leaving New York, Pat turns to liquor for solace.

Siobhan, taken to Lazlo by henchmen, says she wants to meet with Brun, the man who gave Joe his release from the mob. Siobhan is told Brun is dead and Milo has taken his place. Siobhan is unaware that Milo loved Jackie before she married Joe. Jack decides the only way to get Siobhan back is to broadcast that she has been taken. Joe and Max arrive in New York. Max tells Roger, Pat and Seneca that he is going to fund a nuclear medical center, but wants personal histories on all of them. Max is smitten with Jill. Frank and Maggie declare a truce. Maggie is thrilled when Hal offers her a modeling position and then realizes she must support the small studio above Greenberg's delicatessen by washing dishes at the deli. Maggie and owner David Greenberg are drawn to one another instantly. Maggie learns that David provides a shelter for teen-age runaways.

Siobhan learns she is pregnant and Bill proposes to her. Siobhan tells Bill that Joe is the father but Bill says it doesn't matter, he still loves her and wants to marry her. Joe informs Max he's going back to France and won't see Siobhan again. Jack turns down Sydney's sexual proposition. Maggie takes a job at Greenberg delicatessen and is saved from knifewielding punk rocker by Dave. Dave later gets custody of the troubled youth. Jill is stunned when Max picks Ryan & Ryan to represent the financial interests for the new hospital endowment.

Coming to New York Jackie lyingly tells Joe she's pregnant. Joe tells Siobhan who conceals her own pregnancy. Joe learns that there's a contract out on Jack. Joe goes to Ryan's bar to warn Jack. Everyone is evacuated but Joe who is trapped when grenade is tossed into the bar. Hearing explosion, Dave and Maggie rush over. Maggie is hurt by falling rubble as she tries to dig out Joe. At hospital, Maggie is diagnosed as having slight concussion. Seneca notices Frank's frantic concern for Maggie. Jackie and Siobhan wait for word of Joe and are devastated when they are told his face has been destroyed. Hutch realizes Sydney is really Max's former girlfriend Dawn Shepherd.

Search For Tomorrow

Written by: Gary Tomlin

Produced by: Ellen Barrett

Sunny and Hogan are in search for their informant. When Sunny's informant, Slavin, is found dead in alley, she misses newscast, making Stephanie furious. Hogan warns Sunny she could be next. Sunny is embarrassed when Hogan assures her he's not her secret admirer and has not sent her gifts and flowers. Wendy wants to write for Lloyd's newspaper, but her real motive is to get next to Hogan. At home, Sunny receives another mysterious present.

Stephanie forges a note to Wendy from Warren asking that she meet him at his place later that day. Stephanie is aware that she'll find Warren with his latest female conquest, Mandy. Sunny encourages Hogan's mother Kate to apply for a job as Sentells' baby nurse. An unidentified woman peruses clippings about the Sentells and then starts to write a letter to them. A worried Sunny tells Hogan her fear that the secret admirer hounding her also killed her informant Slavin. An angry Ringo punches Warren when he is accused of killing Slavin.

Thanks to a setup by Stephanie, Suzi walks in on Warren and Wendy cavorting in a bubble bath at a lover's hideaway. Hogan steps out from the studio shadows to stop Sunny from cross-examining a stagehand who complimented her sweater. A mysterious young woman writes a letter hoping her child will be as well taken care of as Travis and Liza's baby. Travis is upset when he sees a teenager pull a gold chain off Liza's neck. Jo warns Stephanie and Martin she will not stand by and see Suzi hurt by their scheme even if it is an attempt to end her horrendous marriage to Warren. Brian searches bottles of rose wine in the Riverboat's wine cellar on a hunch the missing $3 million is there.

Sunny's latest anonymous gift is heart-shaped music box. Jack reveals he is Sunny's secret admirer. Hogan thinks it's a bad idea for Sunny to go out with Jack, but she thinks Hogan's jealous. Suzi decides to get a quickie divorce from Warren after seeing him in a bathtub with Wendy. As Warren tries to stop Suzi from leaving, a handsome stranger steps in. He then offers to drive Suzi to her destination since the airport has canceled all flights. Travis is stunned when he finds cardboard box with the baby on his doorstep.

The Young And The Restless

Written by: William J. Bell

Produced by: William J. Bell & H. Wesley Kenney

Sparky tells his boss Vinnie he can't kill Traci and Danny. Vinnie shoots Sparky and then gets "hot shots" to give to Traci and Danny. John is told Traci and Danny are dead. Later at the meat warehouse, John discovers Traci and Danny very much alive, as is the wounded Sparky. Sparky says that he did not give drugs to Danny and Traci, but merely harmless sedatives. Sparky tells Traci to stay away from drugs, and she says she will try and see that the charges against him are reduced, since he saved her life. When Danny returns home, Lauren is furious, unwilling to understand why he was with Traci. Julia turns down Victor's marriage proposal. Julia plans to have child on her own but she doesn't want Victor to be father. Andy informs Paul Rick's wife Melissa may have died due to carbon monoxide in faulty scuba equipment. Peter and Nasha, the couple who had rescued Rick, believed that Melissa's death was an accident.

Jill, hostile to Mamie, tells her she better show her where the Christmas ornaments are in case Mamie's not around next year. While Jill rummages through boxes for ornaments, she discovers a portrait of Dina that Eric painted. Jill goes to Eric and he swears his relationship with Dina is over. Ashley decides to go to Rome on business and think about her relationship with Eric. Lauren breaks up with Danny before he can end their relationship. Julia tells Victor he should marry Nikki, but he says no. Paul is off to Hawaii to find out exactly how Rick's wife died. Lauren heads for Hawaii and Paul. Jack considers leaving Jabot and becoming president of Dina's cosmetics firm. Jill and Jack continue to receive copies of pictures taken of them together in cabin.

Kay decides she wants plastic surgery. Jack is now convinced Gina not the blackmailer and Jill feels the same about Kay. The twosome now wonder who did take the pictures of them at the cabin, and fear what will happen if John ever finds out. Paul returns to Genoa City before Lauren can find him in Hawaii. Paul and Andy wonder why Rick never sought the monetary payment in the death of his wife Melissa. Nikki and Rick have a major fight, which he tries to patch up by buying her expensive gift.

A woman named Lindsey Wells tells Jack they met at party during college and he dated her and then ruined her life when he asked her to prove her love. Jack says he can't remember her. She then informs him she was the one who took the pictures of him and Jill. Lindsey tells Jack she wants a top-level job or she'll show pictures to John. Jack orders Patty to stop seeing Danny or he'll use it in court. Patty tells Jack to lay off or she's going to move back in with him, take all the money he has and give him absolutely no sex life. Douglas offers to be father of Julia's child, but she says no, she doesn't want the father to know about the child's existence. He sends for his nephew Alan from Scotland, thinking he'd be perfect for Julia. Rick is teaching Nikki scuba diving. Liz fears Kay will start drinking again if she has facelift but does not attract a man. Ashley tells Dina she is going to marry Eric.

• Members

Kay's plastic surgery!

Lindsey Wells!

Good times for Y&R.

Lindsey should definitely have come back at some point.She was on the list as a possible Mary Jane.

I remember that Bill Bell toyed with a romance between her surgeon Alan and Katherine.He mentioned a sister,Rachel and I recall that she might have been the possessive type.Anyway,nothing came of it.

• Members

FEBRUARY 1984

All My Children

Written by: Wisner Washam

Produced by: Jacqueline Babbin

When Erica cannot get her film assignment switched and join Mike in Tibet, she wants to get married right away but Mike gets cold feet. Adam comforts the crushed Erica. Palmer realizes Daisy got him the job with Adam. Gil goes to New York and returns to Pine Valley wearing a ski mask. Gil tries to rape Brooke. When Brooke tells Tom of her suspicions of Gil being the attempted rapist, he doesn't believe her. Adam kisses Joanna Yeager. Liza spends the abortion money on clothes. Palmer feels Cliff is using Nina when he realizes they are not going to be married but merely live together. Edna is out to get Chuck. Phoebe pays visit to Adam and is stunned when she sees him talking and laughing at statues in the house.

Alerted by Liza about Jenny's bridal shower, Tony shows up. Jenny believes Enid invited Tony, but realizes it was Liza's scheme. Liza heads for the Steam Pit, where Bud forces drugs on her, rapes her and dumps her in alley. Angie gets a research job, making Jesse decide he will not do any more drug drops for Bud. Adam woos Erica but refuses to let her see art studio. To pacify Brooke, Tom says he believes Gil tried to attack her, but hires him anyway. Gil calls Brooke and assures her he'll succeed in raping her next time. Tad plans lovemaking but calls it off because Dotty has no birth control pills.

Disappointed because Opal's ear infection will prevent her from attending the wedding, Jenny and Greg say "I do," then leave for their honeymoon. Adam asks Erica to marry him. After Mike rejects her, Erica agrees to marry Adam. Joanna and Ross fear that Adam's secret will be discovered once Erica moves in. Palmer realizes Adam is involved in a gambling scam and agrees to go along if he's cut in on the deal. But Palmer's hopes of riches are dashed when Phoebe refuses to sell the property the Chandlers had hoped to use as the gambling site. Discovered by Sam in the alley, Liza undergoes surgery and later tells police Bud was her attacker. Bud is apprehended by police. Brooke realizes Gil was the would-be attacker but is crushed when Tom still doesn't believe the evidence.

When Tom refuses to believe Brooke's charge that Gil attacked her, Brooke tells him to leave. Dottie and Tad's attempt to make love stops before it begins when Joe and Ruth arrive home early and Dottie is forced to sneak out of the Martin house. Joey discovers Dottie's hair combs in Tad's bedroom. Tad claims they are a birthday present for Ruth. Fearing Erica will not marry him when she learns she won't be in the movie, Adam steps up wedding plans but Erica puts them on hold when Adam gives her pre-nuptial agreement to sign. On the road to recovery, Liza does not want to go home. She asks Sam if she can stay with him but he's leery of the arrangement. Jesse's stint at house-husbanding is stifling. Gil sends Brooke an anonymous note saying he will strike again. Duke drops Jesse from the band saying he's too wrapped up in the baby.

Another World

Written by: Dororthy Ann Purser

Produced by: Allen Potter

Rachel refuses to believe Mac was killed in plane crash. Sandy and Jamie disagree on how to deal with Cory Corp. now that it appears Mac may be lost. Fearful of her feelings for Jamie, Stacey asks Mark if they can leave Bay City. Brian realizes that Ted needs to be placed in a psychiatric hospital. Carl makes amends with Perry. Mac's plane crash causes Atwood Lumber Co. stock to plummet and Cecile to lose money on her shady stock deal. Blaine goes into labor. When Brian is called to an hotel on police emergency he is shot by a sniper.

Blaine delivers her baby boy. Cecile decides she's going to get Peter to marry her at all costs. Maisy tells her new boyfriend Josh she wants him to move in with her. Rachel and Jamie are horrified when they find the charred remains of Mac's plane. Sally considers marrying David in order to give Kevin a mother. Stacey tells Jamie she plans to exit Bay City with Mark. Perry repays Carl and says that now they owe one another nothing.

Rachel runs out of the memorial service for Mac, refusing to believe he's dead. Meanwhile, in Canada, a half-conscious Mac clings to life. Rachel flies to Canada, hires a guide and later finds the barely- alive Mac. David is stunned when his Uncle Kevin, feeling David is too unpredictable with money, decides to make Sally trustee of Kevin's estate. Fearing David will take Kevin away, Sally agrees to marry him. While in the office of Cecile, Sally hears Cecile and Peter having an intimate conversation. Henrietta breaks her engagement to Roy and contemplates taking an around-the-world cruise. Mark and Stacey head for a new life in San Francisco.

When Sally announces she plans to marry David, Peter says she doesn't love David and she's making a big mistake. Carl offers David a fee to get property from Mac. Larry is upset when he learns his new rookie is a woman, M.J. MacKinnon. Larry tries to get her to quit force but suddenly realizes she is a good cop. Mac's family gives him welcome home party. Ill with flu, Cecile faints just as Peter proposes marriage to her. She's taken to hospital emergency room and there says she'll wed Peter.

As The World Turns

Written by: John Saffron & Tom King

Produced by: Mary-Ellis Bunim

After a night of making love with Steve, Betsy feels no guilt and tells Craig she won't go to Boston with him. Steve sees Craig with Courtney at a party and realizes he can walk. Steve rushes off to tell Betsy but Craig, aware of what's happened, plots to thwart Steve's plan. Theodoria agrees to let the shelter be built. Karen calls Richard's father in New Orleans. Richard's plan to kill Gunnar is upset when John tells him police will know who did it. Ariel is trying to get Brian to pay attention to her. Richard, aware that John plans to inject him with truth serum, manages to inject John first.

Tucker tells Steve that Betsy must be told Craig can walk. Learning Larry, the chairman for Throwaway Kids, is confined to wheelchair, Betsy asks him to help Craig. Maggie finds a man she thought would be a perfect father for her child, but can't bed down because she doesn't love him. Tarantula-toting Richard is unaware John and Gunnar headed for New Orleans to meet Richard's father. Frannie is angry when Bob tells her Marcy needs professional help. Diana discovers Craig can walk.

Craig hires Emmett to slow down a construction job. But when a drunken Emmett can't follow through, Craig takes it upon himself to destroy the site. Steve knows Craig took out insurance policy two days before his "accident." Frank tells Maggie he plans to write a book naming cops on the take and warns Maggie that her life could be in danger if she continues as his lawyer. Maggie refuses to back off and goes to New York with Frank for his court appearance. Karen and John are released from the Tomb by celebrants at the Mardi Gras. Richard's plans to kill Gunnar are stymied when Dusty get Gunnar out of hotel room. Lyla catches Steve and Betsy kissing. This time Lyla says she's going to tell Craig.

When Marco stops Richard's plan to murder Gunnar, Kevin realizes John has been telling the truth about Richard Fairchild. Craig leaves the baby with Mrs. Hoffmann, the ex-housekeeper, and offers $2,000 to Emmett to burn down the shelter. Telling Richard he doesn't want to set the fire, Emmett is relieved when Richard consents to do the job. Betsy is forced to stay with Craig in order to learn Danielle's whereabouts. Lyla convinces Craig to fight for the custody of Danielle in court. Richard calls Barbara and says he wants to meet her at the shelter. Barbara's unable to reach police because her phone is dead. At the shelter, Richard finds Margo, who's disguised as Barbara, douses her with chloroform, then sets a fire. Craig arrives at the house and tries to save Margo, but Richard appears as the fire becomes more intense.

Capitol

Written by: Peggy O’Shea

Produced by: John Conboy

Mark is furious when Clarissa tells him police asked if they were having an affair, but she reassures him that she said it wasn't true. Myrna plans to keep Fran from moving back to Washington. Amy will go to eye clinic in United States to save her sight. Trey gives Maggie permission to keep necklace Zed gave her in a safe. Zed tells Tyler he got off the hook in Clarissa's shooting because he told the truth about spotting Jordy and Beth on terrace kissing, so he couldn't have been in the living room to shoot Clarissa. At first Beth denies to Tyler that she was on terrace but later admits she was. Tyler tells her he won't tell Thomas but she had better because if he hears it from police he'll be crushed. Ricky and Brenda become friends. Police issue search warrant for Mark's house.

Police realize the photo of the ambassador was cut with bent scissors. Paula uses same scisssors to make Clarissa get-well card. Paula hides scissors when police search house. Sam heads for Zurich to offer Fran deal to keep her out of U.S. Beth is unhappy when Thomas invites Wally and Ronni along on ski weekend. Myrna, Jordy and Brenda are headed for the same slopes on the same weekend. Matt plans return to Zurich once Clarissa is out of the hospital. Ronni's father, Danny assures Wally he won't interfere in their romance. Tyler won't promise Julie that he'll keep Beth and Jordy's meeting on terrace a secret from Thomas.

Wally confides to Thomas that when he kissed Brenda it scared him. Zed doesn't believe Ronni's statement that her father, Danny, is now legit, so he hires someone to tail Ronni. Wanting to look more like he did in the past, Zed has a haircut which makes a drastic change in his appearance. At picture show, Wally spots Brenda and Ricky and is upset when he sees Ricky kiss her. Learning Thomas will be a day late in arriving due to a hospital emergency, Jordy sets his plan to get Beth in motion. Having decided to take Sam's money, Amy says she never wants to see him again. Amy then tells Matt they must end relationship because she's going to live abroad.

At the ski lodge Myrna spends a evening with ski instructor Claude. When a bored Beth goes to her room, Jordy follows with a bottle of brandy. The two spend the night filled with lovernaking. When Thomas arrives early, he's suspicious of Beth's strange behavior. Spotting Jordy, Thomas overreacts, and Jordy tells Beth that he plans to tell Thomas they made love. Ricky arrives at the ski resort and tries to impress Brenda with his skiing ability, but instead wipes out. Thomas tends to Ricky's injuries, and later Brenda has Ricky sleep in her room. About to be released from hospital, Clarissa is told there will be a guard at the house and at Tyler's campaign headquarters. Matt is heartbroken by Amy's decision to end their romance.

Days Of Our Lives

Written by: Margaret DePriest & Sheri Anderson

Produced by: Betty Corday & Al Rabin

In order to protect her, Bo says Hope must be out of his life. Chris and Sandy plan a ski trip. Hope rents an apartment over Shenanigans. Spotting Liz at Doug's place, Neil goes wild and pulls her off stage. Hope agrees to attend an important political party with Larry. Pete's sister Tess claims Chris has a selfish motive for taking Pete under his wing.

Delia tells Tony that Phoenix plans to kill Roman in public. Phoenix sends Delia to impersonate Eugene's wife to make him think he's going crazy. During an encounter with Liz, Neil has a passionate outbreak and rips her dress. Neil realizes he's so obsessed that he must spend a life without Liz because she still cares for Don. Tony plans to poison Marlena. A house blows up with Bo, Hope and Roman appearing to be inside.

Abe tells Marlena that Hope and Bo are safe but Roman died in the explosion. Sandy and Chris make love. Phoenix is furious because Roman's sudden death has ruined his plans. Tony, thrilled by Roman's death, tells Delia he'll get in the way of anyone who tries to keep him from power and wealth. After Gwen assures Eugene he's not crazy, he sees Trista's "ghost" calling to him. Abe quits police force after a fight with Larry Welch. Janet intends to go after Bo. Anna and Alex gain access to the secret room in Tony's house. Hope and Bo discover they can't make a go of their relationship.

Marlena is thrilled when the man entering the room isn't Don but Roman wearing a mask that looks like Don. Roman insists they go ahead with his memorial service so that everyone thinks he's dead. Anna believes Tony is calling Phoenix, Ariz., when he's really placing calls to "Phoenix." Abe and Marlena help Roman leave house disguised as Don, and Roman hides in Eugene's basement. Tony meets Phoenix and demands payment since Roman is dead. Phoenix says Alex is next victim. Pete passes his high school equivalency test. Eugene faints when he sees Roman. When he comes to, Roman explains why he's not dead and then asks Eugene why he didn't tell of his vast fortune. Roman also questions Eugene's relationship to the DeMira family.

The Edge Of Night

Written by: Lou Sheldon

Produced by: Erwin Nicholson

When Standing Elk keeps silent about his case Sky seeks to find out what's going on. Sky realizes that Adler could not have threatened Standing Elk in 1948 since he came to town in 1973. Mrs. De Grut is fired when Jamie is almost seriously injured. Calvin feels Greg could be Pat's brother.

Raven gets a telegram from Logan, warning her not to think she'll keep him from Jamie. Sky examines an old military button and wonders why Standing Elk and Adler want it back. Raven learns that the button belongs to military outfit stationed in Monticello and realizes that Adler must have been stationed there. With Jamie and Gunther are alone in dark house, Vic and Donny break in. Alicia warns Greg he should start exclusive contract or she'll tell cops he's really Greg Parker. Greg beats her to it and tells Calvin he left Boston to escape family, not trial. Nancy informs the group she's returning to paper full-time. Shelley accepts Geraldine's offer of room and board. Lane tells Nancy he loves her.

In the house Gunther hears intruders and hides Jamie in a closet. During a scuffle Donny falls to his death while Vic manages to escape. Standing Elk decides to drop the lawsuit but Marty does not and plans to find out his true Indian name. Marty remembers that his uncle, Proud Bear, was stationed in Monticello before being shipped out to combat and later being listed as MIA (missing in action). On the farm Chris is beginning to realize that she doesn't have a deep physical love for Miles, and Miles realizes the same. Chris fears that her attacker will show up at the farm.

Learning Eric is Chris' attacker, Miles and Derrick rush to her defense. But before they arrive, Eric falls to his death. Miles realizes Chris loves Derrick when she wants to rush to Derrick for comfort and not Miles. Geraldine fears Raven and Sky's trip to England will mean Raven will see Logan and may fall for him again. Sky plans to continue investigation of the Standing Elk case.

General Hospital

Written by: Anne Howard Bailey

Produced by: Gloria Monty

Grant Putnam decides to go back to medical school just like Grant I. Dr. Campbell realizes that Grant I is phobic about the snow, and then is told about the death of Grant I's brother Ian in a skiing accident. Blackie's record is a local success. Rick is furious that Blackie has quit school. Mike's real mother, Ginny, comes to town and tells Lesley and Rick she wants her child back. Jake and Rose want to marry but Jake says no to having a priest perform the ceremony. Claudia hires a financial adviser.

Grant Putnam is nervous, causing Dr. Campbell to think he killed his brother Ian. Making it appear that Dr. Campbell has left town, Putnam steals his own file and strangles Dr. Campbell on the Quartermaine grounds. Ginny Blake proves she's Mike's biological mother by showing birth certificate with his footprint. Holly gets the goods on Hannibal's dance scam. With help of the Broadway troupe, she plans to turn Hannibal over to Scorpio. Alan and Edward ask Monica's cousin Lorena Sharpe why she kept her identity a secret. Lorena produces proof that her mother and Monica's mother were sisters. Grant and Celia change their last name to Andrews. Brock talks to Ginny, causing Bobbie to think she's an old girlfriend. Jimmy Lee suggests that Celia be used as a consultant at the spa. Claudia wants to buy an expensive sports car.

Having murdered Prof. Campbell, Grant Putnam dumps his body, takes his engraved watch and then flies to New York. While in New York, Grant plants the watch on a vagrant. He then makes a call to police pretending to be Prof. Campbell claiming his watch has been stolen. Edward and Alan are uneasy about the friendship between Monica and Lorena. Jimmy Lee is becoming interested in Lorena. Jake tells Rick and Lesley that Ginny is probably Mike's mother and there may be a long custody fight ahead. Brock's and Bobbie's plans to adopt fall through when Brock is too busy to meet a child from Chicago that Gail has found for them. Singer Frisco Jones realizes that Steffi is playing him and Blackie off one another. Blackie, unable to get along in the Weber household, moves out.

Thinking about his father, Frisco gets drunk. Lorena assures Edward she'll make sure the spas are money-makers. Monica insists Lorena move into the Quartermaine mansion. Ginny tells Rick she will leave Mike with the Webers. She then gives Rick a check saying it's for Mike's education. Rick is unaware that it's really a blackmail plot by Brock to make it look as though Rick took money in exchange for reopening Brock's plant. Blackie moves in with Frisco. While Blackie's Atlantic City stage show is a hit, he's still unable to write another hit song. In New York, Scorpio investigating disappearance of Dr. Campbell but is stymied. Grant Putnam decides that his hate for Celia and Grant Andrews is so intense they must die. He makes it appear as if they've won a ski trip and plots to kill them once they arrive at resort.

Guiding Light

Written by: Pamela K. Long

Produced by: Gail Kobe

When Lujack tells police he heard what Malloy said about planting cocaine on Ross, Ross is cleared of all drug charges. Trish is concerned because Ross is terribly bitter against Allen. Warren is ashamed of the part he played in trying to destroy Ross. Lesley Anne and Warren want to marry right away. Floyd does not want Lujack working at bar. Worried because his speech is slurred and he's having blackouts, Tony goes to see Ed but warns him that if he tells the family about CATscan Tony will back out. Bradley confronts Philip in New York. Philip knocks Bradley out in scuffle and flees. Bradley is arrested later. Mindy is getting nauseous and very tired throughout the day. Ed is confused when he spots Maureen kissing John. Maureen doesn't let Ed know that John is really her brother Jim Reardon.

Ed accuses Maureen of hiding something from him and she admits she has. Jim reads Tony's medical file and realizes Tony has two subdural hematomas which could cause his death, but that an operation could leave him paralyzed. Warren steals a necklace from Quint's file. In New York, Philip and Beth marry themselves. Spotting the newlyweds, Bradley climbs wall in order to silence them. Vanessa crosses Alan by saving LTA from a certain financial ruin. Alan seems happy that his sister Alexandra is about to arrive in town. Karen the hooker, who framed Ross, leaves town before he can question her. Mindy and Rick are developing a romance. Finding Ed at Claire's house, Maureen mistakenly thinks the two are having an affair. Reva thinks Vanessa and Billy should get back together, leaving a clear field for her and Josh.

Bea is devastated when Annabelle's engagement has been broken. Warren and Lesley Ann marry. Zamona, a holy man from San Reos, tells John the only thing that will help the disease is to have faith, but John feels there must be a medical cure. While trying to catch Philip and Beth, Bradley stumbles and nearly falls over a cliff but Philip pulls him to safety. Back in Springfield, Philip plans to ask Alan for a job while Beth attends rape crisis clinic. Quint and Nola, fearing Stacey is deaf, take her to a specialist. Tony tells Floyd he's blind, but later Tony lies to Maureen and tells her he has a drinking problem. Vanessa is shocked when she sees Billy with a beautiful blonde.

Alan Spaulding's sister Alexandra arrives in Springfield and attends a mass ball in her honor. Tony tells Annabelle that he has a fatal illness. While dancing with Annabelle, Tony blacks out, and Dr. Jim Reardon reveals his identity while administering to Tony's aid. Tony is rushed to hospital for surgery. A fight breaks out when an enraged Billy says no one can leave the party until Vanessa becomes his wife. Billy and Vanessa are married in the country club's ballroom and leave on their honeymoon. Warren throws Jim off Cedar staff once Jim's true identity is revealed. Jim realizes that in order to continue his research he must leave town. Jim leaves a note for Hillary but it's lost. While Bradley blackmails Alan into helping him find a job in Vancouver, Alexandra overhears the agreement. Beth finally tells Lillian that Bradley raped her.

Loving

Written by: Douglas Marland

Produced by: Joseph Stuart

Shana is angry when she realizes Dane brought her to Corinth to spy on Cabot. Dane and Shana become partners when Shana attempts to find out how much money. Cabot bid on a certain property so that Dane can outbid him. Jim suggests Mike get counseling to control his temper but he refuses. Lorna's date with the unsavory Duke to make Tony jealous works. Lily is in Oregon for treatment with Jack understanding that upon her return Lily's new character may not love him.

Rose and Patrick Donovan go to Florida. Merrill notices Noreen has taken off her wedding ring. While Mike is inviting Noreen to Doug's party, she gets a call from Clem. Noreen assures Mike she will not return to her maiden name. Jim tells Shana that he likes Corinth, but is fearful that legalized gambling could destroy the town. Shana is upset when Jim has to leave and says it's just like the time they spent in Rome. Shana shows up at Doug's party and spots Jim there. She's surprised that he didn't invite her. Shana refuses to go home with Jim after the party. Doug and Merrill enjoy themselves at the party. Lorna can't persuade Jack to go to the dance. When Tony wants to talk about Lily, Jack goes home. Tony and Stacey have a fight. Tony takes Lorna to Duke's party where both of them are busted for drugs. Curtis thinks Cabot and Shana are having affair.

Shana cannot stop thinking about Father Jim. Jim is nervous when Noreen insists he invite Shana to dinner. Warren and Merrill are growing closer to one another. Lorna tells Curtis she's pregnant. Curtis suggests an abortion but Lorna says no to the idea. Jack tells Lorna with their parents out of town he's responsible for her and that he's worried about her depression. Lorna insists that it's only because she's been put on school probation for six months. Tony and Stacey are falling in love and both are completely unaware that Lorna's pregnant by Tony.

Jack learns Lorna is pregnant by Tony. Jack punches Tony out, then confronts him with Lorna's situation. Isabelle tells Cabot he's the only man she ever loved. Finding a business note from Cabot to Shana, Curtis mistakenly thinks it's a love letter. Shana recalls a night of lovemaking with Jim. Jim tells Shana they must put their memories away. Shana says she'll start by going out with Mike. Jim warns her that Mike is suffering from delayed stress syndrome and could be dangerous. Shana and Mike have a date, but the two clash. Jim admits to Shana that sometimes he regrets taking his priestly vows.

One Life to Live

Written by: Sam Hall & Henry Slesar

Produced by: Jean Arley

Hawk wants megabucks in exchange for Jenny's life. David decides to give him the San Carlos jewel but is stunned when they are missing. David then realizes what Simon is really after. Ed's plan to give Hawk phony jewels is squelched when Hawk assures him he selected the jewels, and if given phonies Jenny is dead. Delilah talks Anthony into rehiring her for Wild Life. Simon attends Cassie's play and asks her to run away with him but she refuses. Cassie is stunned when David reveals he's her father. Dorian gives Cassie a $3 million trust fund to become hers when she reaches age 21. Cassie feels it's a bribe.

Cassie goes with Simon and finds the jewels but doesn't understand why he's also lied to her. He says he wants to return the treasure and that Hawk will kill him anyway. Cassie realizes he has a plane ticket to Zurich and knows he is lying again. Cassie pretends to go along with Simon and calls David. When the cops arrive the airplane is gone. Jenny persuades Trudy to let her go. Hawk then kills Trudy. Jenny manages to escape out a window. When the deadline arrives for Jenny's ransom, Simon walks in with jewels just as Hawk calls. Joy, Cassie's schoolmate, is bitter over factory closing where her father is a foreman. Joy goes to Viki, who is very troubled about the situation. Delilah persuades Becky to arrange an audition with Johnny. Edwina comforts Herb over Cassie's situation.

Simon turns the jewels over to David. Ed and SWAT team cover David while Hawk leads them to a warehouse. Brad, getting wind of the plan, sneaks up on Hawk, who manages to escape with the treasure. Jenny runs into David's arms while Brad is criticized for nearly killing both of them. Hawk is later caught because Ed put a tracking device on one of the jewels. Cassie decides to move into her own place because she cannot accept Herb's and Dorian's apology for lying to her. Bo befriends Joy, and when she carries on about rich families like the Buchanans, he'd hide his true identity. Samantha's attraction to Anthony continues to grow.

Cassie agrees to be the maid of honor at Jenny and David's wedding. Brad gets a mystery man from David's past in an attempt to halt David and Jenny's March wedding. To stop Bo from seeing Joy O'Neal, Delilah takes an overdose of pills. Bo rushes to hospital but leaves when he realizes what she took were mostly vitamins. Becky tells Asa to get Lucinda out of the house because she's disrupting their marriage. Lucinda is furious but moves into gatehouse and decides to halt supper club plans. Rafe's joy over a promotion to police detective is dampened when Samantha says she's involved with Anthony and their relationship is now exclusive. Alec spots a discrepancy in Anthony's books. Cassie moves in with Edwina.

Ryan’s Hope

Written by: Pat Falken Smith

Produced by: Joseph Hardy

Joe, in critical condition, cannot undergo reconstructive surgery. Jackie blames Siobhan for the accident. Max says Jackie must never know her marriage to Joe was one of convenience engineered by Max. Lazlo offers to give Ryan $20,000 to rebuild the bar. When Maeve refuses to accept it, Lazlo leaves the money anyway. The money is later returned to Lazlo by Jack. Maggie returns to work at the deli. Dave considers adopting Ricco. Maggie has a sexual fantasy about Frank. Leigh is upset because Jack has crawled back into his shell.

Jill is upset that Frank is missing an important meeting. Bill pressures Siobhan to marry him but she hesitates. Jacqueline discovers Siobhan is pregnant and that Joe is probably the father. Jacqueline also finds out that her father arranged the marriage to Joe. Jack tracks down Lazlo and tells him the bomb was meant for Jack, not Joe. Jack goes to hospital, sees Joe and reaches out for Joe's hand. Jacqueline tells Max Joe must go to a clinic in Switzerland for plastic surgery. She decides to stay in New York and do Joe's job.

A drunken Roger starts to attack Maggie. She scratches him, he pulls her on the bed but is stopped by Frank. Frank comforts Maggie, then suddenly kisses her passionately. Siobhan makes a great show of accepting Bill's engagement ring in sight of Jacqueline. Jacqueline tells her father that she's still being lied to and she intends to find out what's going on. Jack tells Leigh that he's thinking of sending Ryan up to New York state because anyone near him is still in danger. Max warns Sydney that he must stop Jack from investigating the "family." Jackie realizes that Max has a yen for Jill. Jack tells Leigh he keeps getting visits from Mary's ghost in his dreams and that he realizes he can never have a relationship with Leigh.

Maggie turns down Roger’s marriage proposal. When a drunken Roger appears at Pat’s, Pat takes him home and tells Jill they need to know why Roger has so much trouble. Sydney lyingly tells Jack that Max is no longer in the mob. When Lazlo enters into Joe’s room, Joe’s condition worsen and he’s rushed to emergency surgery while in a critical condition. He is put on a bypass machine but it looks as though he’ll pull through. Feeling Joe is only living because of Jackie’s pregnancy, a pregnancy that doesn’t exist, Jackie wants Lazlo to make her pregnant since Lazlo and Joe look alike. Lazlo backs off. Jackie learns that Joe’s accident may have left him sterile.

Search For Tomorrow

Written by: Gary Tomlin

Produced by: Ellen Barrett

Warren defies Martin to stop him from obtaining Suzi's money while he's capturing Wendy's heart. Suzi's plans for a quick divorce from Warren are put on hold when Hogan’s brother, Cagney's truck sputters in a snowstorm and he has to pull off the road. Wendy makes such an impassioned plea to the welfare authorities to let her have custody of the baby they finally suspect she's the child's real mother. Travis and Liza set record straight and Wendy concedes that Travis and Liza are better qualified to take care of the baby than she is. Hogan teases Sunny about her dates with Jack, especially after Sunny receives another bouquet of flowers. Suzi burns her hand while cooking but Cagney soothes it with a tender kiss.

Warren gloats as he tells Suzi she must share her $4 million with him since she was unable to get divorced before her 21st birthday. Brian finds the teenage daughter of man he had to kill in the line of duty. Wendy sees Mandy working at the TV station and accuses Stephanie of paying her off.

Wendy leaves home and walks into Warren's arms after finding out Stephanie made it look like Warren was sleeping with Mandy. Sunny puts in a good word for Cagney at her father's company after Cagney tells Hogan his brother is looking for a construction job. Wendy's shopping spree comes to an abrupt halt when Warren informs her that Suzi lost her entire trust fund because she was still married on her 21st birthday. Jack removes phone from hook, then forces Sonny into her bedroom as she puts on desperate struggle. He then makes her submit to his sexual demands. She tells police that Jack assaulted her and that she wants to press charges. Stephanie fires him despite his protest that Sunny consented to his advances.

Kathy is assigned to prosecute Sonny's rape case. Cagney admits to Suzi he's Hogan's brother, and that he loves her. Stephanie and Lloyd admit their mutual attraction to each other. Wendy finds a box marked with a rose, opens it and finds it filled with diamonds. Wendy and Warren marry, feeling they are now financially secure. Warren realizes the diamonds are fake and he has been set-up by Brian and Martin. Sunny gets a call from a woman who claims Jack raped her.

The Young And The Restless

Written by: William J. Bell

Produced by: William J. Bell & H. Wesley Kenney

When Jack is unable to get the negatives Jill considers seeing Lindsey herself. When Nikki says she wants to break things off with him, Rick plans to take her scuba diving with the intention of killing her. Finding Rick's manuscript Andy believes that it's a positive proof that Rick killed Melissa. Kevin learns Victor is Victoria's father. Fearing Kevin will tell Nikki Rick knocks Kevin on head and throws him in closet.

Andy and Paul find a letter Melissa wrote to Rick and realize he killed her out of jealousy. Aware that Rick found the note Nikki wrote Victor, they fear same fate for her. Rick allows Nikki to tell Kay where they are. Julia thinks Neil would be good father for her child, but knows Gina likes him. Jack believes charges that Tim Sullivan once sexually harassed a student. Traci tells Ashley she is falling for Tim.

Following an argument with Jill, Kay decides to undergo a face-lift. Jack agrees to accept Dina's offer to work at Mergeron Co. if she will expand into cosmetics and fragrances so he can go head-to-head with Ashley. Ashley and Eric set Easter Sunday wedding date. While celebrating at Gina's, Ashley is stunned when Gina hands her a present from a stranger at the bar. It is the matching earring to the one given to her in Rome by her romantic French gentleman. Meanwhile, in St. Croix, Nikki realizes that Rick is unstable when he keeps calling her Melissa. Rick admits that he killed Melissa and her lover Jim Gliddon. Rick tells Nikki that Victor is Victoria's father.

Kay goes to a plastic surgeon and admits that she's a reformed alcoholic. He agrees to give her face-lift but warns she may get depressed after the surgery and could reach out for alcohol again. Julia meets Ashley's mystery man Marc and they are attracted to one another right away. Lindsey wants Jack to give her a job in the advertising department. Jack tells her it's now up to Ashley. Ashley would really like to fire Lindsay if she gets too pushy. Victor boards a boat during a storm to try and rescue Nikki from the crazed Rick.

Archived