Y&R Casting news!

• Members

It is a lot of that floating around right now. I wouldn't mind it if it was that otherwise. I don't mind soap ideas, but I like a well thought through overall production maybe I'm just asking for too much. Anyway if it turns out to be good then fine but am too skeptic to even allow myself tobelieve

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why not just go all the way and have her and Phyllis sleep with Daniel? MG and MS are too hot to be mother and son.

And then this girl and Daniel can become the Mel and Susan Profitt of Genoa City. First step -- killing all the Scoobies and Scoobie hanger ons and running drugs and weapons!

• Members

If your point is none of this should ever, ever happen, I agree. Tammy and Jon were half cousins, it was slightly gross, but cousins have married throughout history so it wasn't that outrageous to me. But half siblings! That is a line that need not ever be crossed on Y&R as far as I'm concerned and I doubt the censors would allow it anyway.

• Members

That whole GL story put me off, especially since he was so vile to her early on and then this was somehow supposed to be love.

My point here is that if this does happen on Y&R, they should just go all out, and have Daniel fully go to the dark side. The show really has no moral compass now anyway. There was a very weird indie film 15 years ago, with Benjamin Hendrickson (RIP), about a mother and young adult son who committed incest. It dealt with the subject in an interesting way. Since Y&R is so perverse these days, perhaps they should go there with Daniel and Phyllis.

• Members

Spanking the Monkey. Very disturbing movie. But they did "play the beats" in that film, for the most part. Unlike what Y&R does.

ETA: Just realized that Yvonne Zima is the sister of Madeline Zima (formerly the little girl from The Nanny, recently on Californication and Heroes.)

• Members

No (or rather no more) incest stories for me. I never find them compelling, I think good writing is effective, thorough, intelligent and interpretive. I have never found any of that in incest based stories. I'm sure the actual "story base" have much to do with it but I've been sold on things I consider "less" normal and worse. Personally I think in order to write a good incest story the writer have to really understand the core or the draw of it to convey it in the work

• Members

That's true, but then, these people seem to love to write stories with subjects they obviously know nothing about, from rape to cancer to paternity tests. I just think this would give MG and MS some good material, and be a big exit for for MG when he leaves.

• Members

I can't believe you think this should be shown on daytime TV under any circumstances. It would be completely outlandish and out of character. There is no set of circumstances under which I can imagine Phylis having sex with her son. If such a disgusting story ever got past the censors, Sony or the Bells (which it wouldn't) it would surely be the end of Y&R. Women are not going to what that kind of story on a soap, I can pretty much promise you that.

Anyway, just because this woman's story is going to heavily involve Daniel that does not mean they are going to be romantically involved. We don't even know this woman is related to Phylis.

• Members

I guess I am at the point where I really don't think any logic or taste is anywhere to be found on this show. Especially not after the stuff with Dr. Taylor.

I don't really want to see any storylines along these lines on soaps. But if they do try to put any of that type of stuff out there with this new woman and with Daniel, if they are blood relatives, then I think the material would work better with Phyllis and Daniel. I have always had a hard time believing them as mother and son anyway.

Sorry if I offended you.

• Members

Truthfully the worse thing about Y&R's current state is how much better it used to be overall. As bad as things are if we are honest worst have been done and is currently done on other shows. The thing that continues to make me upset is I'm sorry to put this in such a condescending tone but my viewing standards are uch higher than what I witness on many soap operas, now when they are good they are good but when they are bad I'm outta here. So Y&R being better than any of the latter isn't saying much....

Archived