The dance music thread

alphanguy74

• Members

Well, I know wev'e GOT to have a few fans of dance music in here. Of course, dance and disco is one in the same, just a different label for a different decade. (Though some argue that Disco has strings, while regular dance does not) but anyway... what do you all like? When I first went clubbing in 1988-92 there was alot of good stuff out. I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for alot of those SAW hits. What do some of you like?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The majority of the modern pop I listen to could prob be called dance/disco/club, so I'm with you. I actually went through a big SAW phase but I think I overdosed, they have some brilliant tracks, but if you play too much of their stuff back to back it starts to sound samey and kinda souless (though their top tracks like say Kylie Better the Devil You Know or Donna Summer's This Time I Know It's For Real are pure brilliance). But I admit my soft spot when ti comes to older music is Eurodisco--that mix of synths and strings--anything produced by Giorgio Moroder (including his seminal Donna Summer records), Cerrone, Boris Midney, Alec Costandinos (his disco Romeo and Juliet is epic) etc.

Archived