AMC: Tuesday, October 13, 2009

• Members

I couldn't take my eyes off this episode, for good and bad reasons. It was entertaining but there was character assassinations happening every second.

Poor Angie and poor Debbi Morgan. This sh*t is not what she signed up for but at least she played if convincingly. I loved her interactions with David. Priceless. And I wanted Angie to beat her husband until he bled to death.

Speaking of Jesse, since when were Kendall and Zach your friends? He acts like he and Zach went to high school together. Poor Jesse, the victim of Pratt's hollow writing.

The actress playing Fake Kendall needs some acting lessons. I was cringing.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had no problem hitting the fast forward button when Zendall/Jesse were setting up their scam. Jesse has become a doormat to Zach's wishes and I have no clue why.

Debbi brought the righteous anger at least! Too bad there is no long-term story coming out of this mess. Angie should still be at odds with Jesse after his last 2 big lies (the other wife & child and then covering up Randi's "murder" of the DA).

Fake Kendall was horrid at the end.

The best part of the episode for me was Annie at Emma's bedside. I thought Ryan would finally see how much she loves their daughter and instead he became even more of a douchebag, which I honestly didn't think was possible, by twisting her words to make it sound like she wanted Emma to remain comatose forever.

So now it's obvious that either Adam or Scott shot Stuart. David Canary could turn in another Emmy-winning performance if it was Adam but I don't see this plot point leading anywhere with the current writing/producing regime.

• Members

Debbi brought it!

I was laughing -- literally laughing out loud when Fake Kendall's horrible "acting" debuted at the end. I think she was hired for her look -- I don't think TPTB thought she'd actually be opening her mouth! LMAO! On this casting choice, I can't really fault them. Pratt has no long range plans for anything, so I'm sure they were like "Oh, shiit!" when they got the script and realized Fake Kendall had lines! LMAO!

• Members

Yeah, I don't get the "friends" thing, either. Clearly Pratt is trying to use friendship and family to justify why Jesse is probably the most corrupt cop Pine Valley has ever seen... but it's just not working. I mean, this dude is a HORRIBLE police chief!! Derek may have been late and constantly ineffective, but he was never on the take and had his fingers in the pot in every crime in town. Now, whenever Jesse shows up -- since all police chiefs make personal appearances every single time there's a 911 call -- I just :rolleyes: because I think he's a joke.

Jesse needs to step down. I know that's a wish in the wind considering the writing on this show as of late, but it would do so much for the Jesse character (even though I'm sure Darnell would probably have the scenery between his teeth) come to the realization that what he set out to do -- protect and to serve and to bring justice to the citizens of Pine Valley -- has been severely compromised by his lying and covering up crimes committed by some people, misleading the town, and railroading others. He, as a man who is the leader of men and women who put their lives on the line every day in the name of justice, deserve someone they can trust. Not someone who mislead them into a risky situation.

But until then, all of his ghetto-isms, eye bugging, looking down his nose at people and shouting over everyone just comes off horridly uncalled for. He's absolutely no better than the people he arrests.

JESSEIII.jpg

• Members

Now I see why the " double"`s face was so often hidden by her hair or averted .

I was just surprised because I had seen some posts talking about the uncanny resemblance and claiming to have seen photos of her that were the spitting image of Kendall. One even claimed that the show could use her whilst AM was on maternity leave. What as ? ..... :wacko:

Archived