TV Gude Canada's most powerful players in soaps

• Members

I would have to think he is and second place isn't even close. He makes his own schedule and works less than half a year. He undoubtedly is the highest paid actor on a per day basis. He seems to have the most input on storyline of any actor. He is said to be the only one allowed to just throw scripts away and rewrite on a whim. He clearly cannot be fired because why would any show tolerate an actor who tells you when he is available unless they had to. Then he is the only actor on the show capable of winning emmys. He is the only actor on the show that can get any sort of attention from people. No one else on cast is even known outside of GH fandom. He goes to NY for some equity fights aids thing and he is the news. The local news never heard of Maurice Benard or Steve Burton nor do they want to hear of them.

Don't people think if Maurice Benard after 15 years of working 5 days a week day in and day out, that if he could get Tony Geary's schedule or even something sort of akin to it, that he would? Isn't this always the sticking point for Steve Burton, wanting time to live near the Reeves in Tennessee somewhere? If someone has more power at GH than Tony Geary I would be curious to know who it is. Steve Burton has to show up day after day after day while Tony Geary is smoking cigars somewhere in Amsterdam deciding whether he feels like working this year and with whom. I would think if you polled the GH cast on who has the deal they want, each and every one would say Geary's.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Ingo also had a deal that lets him take a good amount of time off. I also wonder how much of a huge difference in salary he makes now compared to some of the other GH actors like Steve Burton. He also has much less storyline than someone like Burton, as Luke has become increasingly irrelevant, so I'm not surprised if he is more able to travel when he wants to travel. I would assume that Geary knows he's not going to get a lot of work elsewhere, that his days of being a big name are over, and he may not make big demands in terms of money. I think that his idea of story changes probably goes along with what Guza wants. Guza hates the Spencers and the idea of Luke and Laura, he's done his best to slowly destroy that family since he first took over in 1996.

Darn, I know what you mean about the list. I was baffled at the Martha Byrne choice. I'm glad she has bounced back after leaving ATWT, but a job scriptwriting at B&B and a short term role on GH, playing an awful character in a lousy story, and getting comments like the one at Serial Drama which basically said, "I thought she could act, what happened?" I don't know if that's a power move.

I love CC and she's certainly branching out...but #1, definitely not. I think I'm not more annoyed by that because the whole thing is so ridiculous, the bias may as well favor someone who is talented and seems cool. I'm sure by next year he'll despise her.

• Members

Oh dear lord, I think I actually busted a gut laughing over this one. VWS While Patty Williams is sometimes good for a laugh despite the freaky approach YnR has to dealing with her mental illness, it's all a little too 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?' for me...only it's all 'Baby Jane', and not enough 'Blanche'.

Archived