Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He is and he's lost a lot of weight. He looks good. I forgot about it and just tuned in and now left...lol

He looks the same. I've never found him attractive maybe because there's a lot of EJ bonilla lookalikes in my area.

• Members

I just watched today's livestream. It was most interesting to hear that Beth Ehlers now works in the New Jersey government for an environmental agency. I was wondering what happened to her after she quit acting. Aside from Frank and Crystal, I was not familiar with this group of actors since I stopped watching several years before GL got the axe.

• Members

I felt like she began to live through the character, which is incredibly toxic and seems to do real psychological damage to actors. She lost all spark or warmth. And her AMC stint was an abomination because, presumably, she no longer had the ability to distance herself or behave the right way.  I really loved Harley in her first stint and I'm sad about what she became. I guess it could have been even worse.

• Members

How cool. Thanks for sharing that. I actually work for the Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy where Beth took classes. I had no idea she had been a student there. Tom Pelphrey is another Rutgers graduate -- he went to the Mason Gross School of the Arts. Bloustein and Mason Gross share the same building.

• Members

Wow, that’s interesting! I wonder anyone ever recognizes her as Harley anymore. Also surprised she goes by Beth Christian given how messy the divorce was.(Sidenote: She had extramarital affairs with both actors who played Mallet. She really live as Harley didn’t she) Glad to see she’s found a good calling, hope she’s found some peace too. 

LOL she’d probably like to erase. Also remember when she auditioned for the role of Mary Jane/Patty over at Y&R?

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Oh I just love Beth Ehlers and always will.  She's an educated and strong lady.  I also remember she went to Montclair University to study anthropology. I've been thinking about her during this COVID crisis.  I thought she might still be volunteering or working as an EMT as she did 10 years ago. So I started getting nervous for her. Being a healthcare worker in both NY and NJ,  I've been anxious, and worried for me, my patients,  and my coworkers.  This month we were literally in a war zone. Being a first responder is even more scary.  They are more vulnerable to being exposed with zero protection. Have been praying alot for the people I love and work with and I've also included Beth.  Hope she's safe and healthy and hope to see her face and hear her voice again. 

• Members

A viewer asked for a behind-the-scenes moment between Kim and Robert. 

Nobody knew what to say. Crystal said, “Wow, that’s...personal.”

Then Alan tried to play it off as something funny, like some crazy backstage antics or something. 

Crystal said that people are just themselves behind the scenes, and, of course, “Zimmer takes no crap.”  Everyone laughed. 

I didn’t interpret it as tension. CC cast Kim and Robert in VENICE recently. 

Just a fun comment that we all knew to be true.