Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

At lot of things didn't quite work. I do seem to recall lots of interference. Claire was out then back then out. Who knows the real story?? It was messy. I could never see Labine and Rauch ever being on the same page. It was a weird pairing from the start. 

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Labine seemed to want to apply some of the storylines/character archetypes from her time on GH, to early 2000s GL and it was a massive mistake. A storyline where a woman from a wholesome family of doctors, who once was involved with a mobster, falls for a cop might have been able to be told in Port Charles, but applying that to Danny/Michelle/Frank?

Please register in order to view this content

I hated the way she wrote Blake. For all of Lloyd Gold's faults, I loved seeing Blake regain some of her edge back when going toe to toe with that Tori character.

• Members

I loved Claire, but her GL was such a disappointing mess, and her decline was so obvious from her later GH run into OLTL (which had its moments but she should have had a better handle on that, being an urban soap in the RH vein). Comedy was not her strong point, and so much of her GL (May Merisi!) was just grating and awful. She didn’t understand GL at all. 

• Members

Poor Frankie D, they never knew what to do with him once the first Eleni left, but having him with Chele, who was like a kid sister to him? Weird and FD did not have the charisma to pull that off and pairing him with chem free NSA was a killer. Frank falls in that area with Fletcher..back ground characters and support, nice to see them around like it was a real town where people were living their lives while DRAMA takes place elsewhere. I did like Fletch when he was being a buddy to Ed, Ross and he was great with Reva.  Though instead of having Nadine get killed by Brent, Fletcher would have been good. He is on to some scheme of Rogers,  maybe Rog and Brent had a side deal where Brent was going to bilk Spaudling, the fight they had takes place in front of all to see while Fletcher investigation of Brent leads him to Marion, and gets him killed.  Brent frames Roger,  Holly goes full on Holly neurotic (they had a fight and Fletch storms out the night he is killed) Alex is on the warpath, et.Ed would take Ben in and keeps Holly in his orbit, etc.

• Members

Yeah, when you compare her GH to her OLTL and GL runs, something was off.

Even when her GH kind of unraveled (after Stone died, it kind of meandered for three or four months), she and her team had things back in place for more story (which Guza inherited when she left to sell her own show).  Jax, Jason’s injury, and Bobbie’s dreams about a baby (which became Carly).  All of that stuff was new and had legs.

I think she just does not work well with constant interference and changing direction without seeing what is and is not working.

OLTL should have been a good fit.  Instead it was all over the place.  I did like Mel and Dorian though. 

• Members

BAB was up for Marah & I Think Martha Madison was up for Michelle but with the cancellation. BAB got a day play role & NSA returned as Michelle

Did Brockington have the longest run as Felecia

Edited by John