Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's to expecting some great work from Beth Maitland this and next week, even if the characters she's supporting are in horrible stories or incredibly stupid and void of a personality. It's just always great to see her and her warm presence onscreen. She's one of the few watchable things right now for me, and it's more the actress than what the character is doing/supporting.

• Members

Gloria and Jeffrey are so useless. They aren't funny, they aren't interesting, they aren't needed, they're such a waste of space.

I still have no idea what their purpose is on this show, MAB claims "comedic relief" but I'm certainly not taking it that way. They're idiots who do the SAME THING (scheming) OVER AND OVER again, and it never pays off. It's not even fun to watch, it's just lame. If they need to trim the cast down for budget issues, please start here, hacks!

I also find it pretty hard to believe that Victor would want to tangle up with these goons, no matter how much he's playing them. I really hope Gloria and Jeffrey don't go back join forces with Victor again, after he's played them yet again. Gloria and Jeffrey are stupid, but they're not that stupid. Then again, they've done it before.

Seriously, what is the appeal of two dead weight characters that don't progress and always do the same thing? You'd think on a show that has budget issues and balance issues, they'd either get rid of these characters of come up with something actually good for them to do.

It's so obvious that they have no idea what to do with Gloria and Jeffrey (hell most of the characters on this show), they just shove them in story after story to say that they're using them. Because really, their schemes are non-threatening and they contribute absolutely nothing essential to the show.

• Members

After waching them today, I must agree about Gloria and Jeffrey. The best way to write them out already passed, that ship has sailed. An epic face cream trial and a nice jail sentence with Chapman screaming, bugging her eyes out, falling out in the courtroom. But instead we got ONE day for the trial, and an argument with Ashley in the hallway afterward. PLEASE. And today.. GOOD GRIEF, Tammin's whining in the car is enough to make me want to put an icepick in my ear. I should have been scared for her in those scenes, but all she did was ANNOY the crap out of me. I did get a chuckle out of the dye pack thing, though. But certainly not enough of one to warrant them being on this show. Tomorrow looks good. I think Eileen and Beth are gonna really shine tomorrow.

• Members

Gloria and Jeffrey keep chugging along, so none of this hurts them. They seem to be on the show only to make Victor look tough, because we can never get enough of that.

I'm surprised Jill wasn't more included in this garbage. I thought they would have loved another scene of Victor dressing her down and Billy telling her what trash she is.

• Members

Well, in the main, I enjoyed this episode. With caveats....

There was definitely criminal overload: Gloria/Jeff, Ryder/Deacon, it all got to be too many scams.

That said, the karmic payoff for Jeff and Gloria at the end was beyond delicious. It will be great seeing them troup through town with indelible blue die...and getting just deserts from Victor and Jack for it. We're heading into such a heavy time, the humor of Jeff/Glo is much appreciated by me.

I think a bunch of us called the link between the Terroni and Terrible-Tom-safe deposit box, but it's kind of nice to see that coming to an end. What I actually like about this mystery is that I still can't figure it out. OF COURSE Ryder didn't kill faux-Aucker, and Deacon isn't a killer. So there is another shoe to drop....

Victor continues to look like a fool. Yes, he had the last laugh...but by association with those Bardwells, he seems like an idiot.

I did find the Patty/Colleen scenes effective. I bought Colleen's terror. Haiduk continues to find a thread of humanity...victim and savage...in her portrayal. That gun waving about scares me. I like Colleen's attempt at quick thinking. I find that part of the scenes quite innervating, and I am definitely interested to see what comes next.

If I just try to enjoy these scenes for what they are...decent action...I find them well written, acted, and directed.

• Members

I thought it was rather funny when the dye packs exploded in their faces at the same time. That was priceless!

I agree, she didn't do herself any favors in today's episode. I actually thought that she did a fairly decent job in Feb. during Brad's death scenes but immediately after that she was more of the same blah, blah, blah. If she had been acting that way the entire time she's been on the show, she may have gained a few more supporters, too little, too late. I definitely love, love SH as Patty the sicko psycho.

Can't wait for Beth Maitland tomorrow!

• Members

I agree, I felt nothing for Colleen in that car with Patty today. Those scenes left me cold, but then again, so does 98% of this badly written anti-soap.

Gotta the misogyny within misogyny in those scenes though. A psychotic woman who is probably like that because of a man taking another woman hostage and threatening to kill her. I guess this is the hack writing regime's way of saying, "we can show women victimizing other women too!" This show is such dreck.

But I forgot, there's nothing "uneven" about this show and "no mistakes" were made, according to MAB. Such is the arrogance that prevents major problems from being addressed...

• Members

I also don't understand this Deacon/Amber mess, and I find that entire storyline not only stupid, but entirely offensive, especially after the rape (and yes, it was rape to me). I don't understand what Deacon is doing on this show, do we really need another sleaze that degrades a woman? That storyline is crap, and I can't believe Maria "I make no mistakes" Bell thought it was a big summer storyline. Wasn't it supposed to be a storyline for Daniel? Now, he's merely a supporting player with Jana in this Terroni art mess. Amber, Deacon, Kevin, and Ryder are the stars of it.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of this Kevin/Ryder crap.

I like the actor that plays Ryder, but I have no patience for such nonsense storytelling.

And yes, too many stories that revolve around crime going on at once. Remember when Maria Arena Bell knocked the crime abundance on Latham's Y&R? Now it's just as bad or even worse. She's such a egotistical, lying, misogynistic, and arrogant ass, likewise with her henchmen that contribute to this horrific creative state of this show.

• Members

So Lauren is heading for Toronto,,,bye Tracey,for who knows how long?

What was the significance of her mentioning the look in Ryder's eyes"a look I've seen before" Was it a reference to Shawn?

Yes,the Gloria/Jeff scenes had a certain entertainment value,but in the bigger picture these two need to go.Jill (among others)should be getting the airtime.

There is so much story to tell without creating plot driven stuff.

Will MJ/Patty remain on the show?Surely not.

Patty should have been making references to another man who she is confusing with Jack,This would fit in with the mid 90's mentions,and salvage the story to some extent.

Archived