Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agreed, at least when Ashley's lost her mind before, it wasn't purposely set up by someone else with completely weak and stupid motivations. Adam is such a poorly define role, and I didn't notice the nuances that Engen added to the role until he was gone and recast with Muhney, who is awfully over the top and cartoonish in this role. To think I initially thought Engen was a bore. Now I realize he really tried hard to bring out some humility in the otherwise horrific, weak, and just stupid writing.

Victor is incredibly stupid these days, indeed. The sad thing is, he always wins, so even if he's being written as stupid and even if he set into motion all these bad things, he won't be held accountable for them for an extended period of time, and if he is, it will be forgotten as soon as it started.

• Administrator

Okay, I am going to say this very......slowly......for.....those.....who......have.....a.....hard....time.....listening.......

Say......this......to.......yourself.......

"Did......this.....happen....in......today's.....episode?"

If......not...........PUT IN IN SPOILERS TAGS!!!!!!!!! (It would be better to not post any spoilers though but if you have to.....)

I hate being rude, but sometimes it's like trying to explain something to 3 year olds!!!!!!!

Whoever doesn't use spoiler tags in this thread will now get official warnings. I can't believe it has come to that. People just can't listen so now I have to be the bad guy.

• Members

I was let down by today's eppy. I wanted Billy's valiant rescue to yield some fruit, but it was pretty much useless. Haiduk is still doing well, I want them to put mroe of the pieces of her past together.. let's hope they do so. They had mentioned last week that her records of Jack's shooting were sealed, so maybe the PUBLIC didn't know about Patty shooting him, but the police and all the immediate familt did? I thought I remember Paul saying something about only a few people knew about it, and named them... but that didn't sound right to me. Can anyone remember what his dialogue was? I DID find a post-shooting hospital scene, so maybe they were referring to the whole family knowing he got shot, but maybe some fo them not knowing it was PATTY who did it... hence the caring treatment Patty is getting from family in this clip:

• Members

To be fair, it's a short soap week. Not that it takes away from how bad the show has been or how most of these storylines are horrible and one-dimensional.

I think I don't want to see another psycho character for another year after this Patty and Adam nonsense wraps up.

I'm also ready for some variety, strong female characters, good storylines for the minority characters, some cast balance and cast rotation, some professional sides of these characters lives, some recasts, no more damn crime stories, no more f.ucking art stories, no more DNA stories or long lost relatives, amongst some other things. But that's likely to never happen with this void of talent and creativity writing regime. Come on Maria Arena Bell, if you must stay, get rid of Sheffer and Hamner and get a better Co-HW, and only one, and cut your writing staff in half and probably hire some better staff writers while you're at it too.

• Members

I think the people at Y&R now have their own easy, cheap way of telling stories and it doesn't involve actually using the cast or history, or even basic storytelling ability, it's just recycle and repeat on one side, rush and push on the other.

The Ashley story has been going nowhere for what seems like years now. Meanwhile, the Amber/Deacon/Daniel/Victoria/JT story has been hurtled through at warp speed. No time at all to even let viewers know who the hell Deacon is, much less establish any relationship with him and Amber or with Victoria. The only explanation they give is that we're supposed to believe these women are hot for him and can't admit it, so they get what they deserve. We're supposed to think their being debased and having no real power is sexy stuff.

• Members

Probably. The cynic in me says that the made Chance a detective so they wouldn't have to use Gil, which is a shame this soap needs more color (good characters not the mess that was Tyra and Ana). Posters here have been saying that they don't buy Chance in this role.

Speaking of that, does anyone believe that Colleen would be able to teach art at the college level? I could imagine what her students would say, "Why is our teaching younger than us?" "Is she some sort of genuis or something?".

Carl, call me crazy but I don't think Victoria is that into Deacon. I think he just gave her an ego boost that she wasn't getting from JT and she only slept with him because she thought that JT slept with Colleen. She was hurt and trying to get even with JT.

Looking at that picture above leaves no doubt in my mind why there is a hole in the ozone layer. Thanks, people of the 80s.

• Members

FauxToria slept with Deacon? Boy, I really was asleep!

I thought they kissed and then she hustled out of there because it would have been "wrong." Not that I blame her. Deacon has got to be more entertaining than JT "I'm gonna do some digging before giving Paul a call" Hellstrom. Even if he is a rapist, serial impregnator and probably has a couple of STDs under his belt.

The cat meowing in the cat-basket is out-acting everybody on screen at the moment. Except maybe Peter Bergman and Stacy Haiduk. Scene of the day yesterday was their phone conversation.

• Members

I think your thinking about the time both she and JT were cheating on each at the same time. Amber knocked on the door and Victoria decided it was wrong. Then when she saw the pics of Colleen kissing JT she decided to sleep with Deacon. Amelia does have more chemistry with Sean than Thad.

When it comes to animal actors this show does pretty well.

• Members

Ah ok thanks.

Talk about a plot-point. VampToria may be a bore but she's so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to act on her impulses that I'm surprised she sought out Deacon to bone him just to get back at JT. That takes effort and, like, walking, man!

• Members

Carl, I have a better idea. If the show wants to save alot of money, all they ahve to do is give Eileen and Muhney a couple months off, and replace their scenes with this:

Who would know the difference? And I for one, am GLAD this Deacon SL is moving at warp speed this week, the sooner to get it over with.

Archived