The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Members

Yeah, I thought it looked cheap, too. I bet that's why they chose it... I bet they could get it for less money than Pyramid. Pyramid certainly didn't look cheap, AT ALL. Have we seen ratings for LMAD yet? I'm hoping it tanks, so we can get pyramid in it's place as a mid-season replacement. But I've ALSO heard rumors that CBS is still keeping Pyramid in it's back pocket for a possible prime time mid season replcaement, or thye want to let the axe fall on ATWT in a few months.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAD is cheesy. Wayne Brady is a good and very cool host. I don't like is that Wayne Brady picks the contestants himself. I agree that the contestants aren't as excited at first, but I think that it is because the prizes are not as fantastic as the ones on TPIR. However, the contestants did get more excited as the show went along and the prizes were bigger. I wonder how it is doing in the ratings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Take this for what you will:

According to BuzzerBlog's Facebook page, CBS IS looking to replace ATWT with another gameshow. The more interesting development is that the network was presented either a pilot or a proposal for the British game "Dirty Rotten Cheater."

Also, CBS is looking into adapting a popular board game for daytime.

I don't know why they can't just go with Pyramid and bring it to the West Coast. It's an established brand and would probably bring more eyeballs to the lineup.

Another interesting thing to think about is IF Barbara Bloom plans on keeping her gameshow stock together like she urged other affiliates to do(i.e. Deal/Price), what would this mean for Y&R? Will she urge O&O's and other stronger markets to schedule the New Gameshow immediately following Price or after that half-hour local news, pushing Y&R to a later timeslot? Maybe Atlanta was an experiment of what could be to come for CBS.

• Members

Is there any specific person in charge of game shows for CBS? If so, they need to be replaced. I know LMAD and the current rotgut version of TPIR are doing enough to satisfy CBS but game shows can do so much more than just fulfill the minimum. And CBS's primetime gameshows have not been any better, really.

I agree that they should just bring back Pyramid. Or there's always something like Card Sharks, or Win Lose or Draw.

• Members

YTTWROOMM, I was just going to say why not at least go for something cheap and FUN like Win, Lose or Draw? The simplest of sets and you get four entertaining C-list actors/comedians/personalities to have a great time putting a week's worth of episodes in the can for roughly three hours' work... AND, you pay them scale.

• Members

Barbara Bloom and Margot Wain are both in charge of CBS Daytime and the development of those shows with Bloom being the chief. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Nina Tassler didn't have a hand in picking those properties too.

Dirty Rotten Cheater, from the clip I saw, kind of reminded me of Friend or Foe. That would make a better and more dramatic gameshow than all the others.

• Members

Uh...Dirty Rotten Cheater was based on the American game show of the same name, was it not? It was one of PAX's short-lived games post-Supermarket Sweep and Finn's Shop Til you Drop. If it failed then...

But ugh. Who did Bob Stewart piss off at CBS for them to keep passing over Pyramid? Couldn't they just do two 30 minute shows? Jeez. It couldn't cost that much more, could it?

Archived