August 17-21, 2009

Toups

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I guess the truth hurts? Guess I struck a nerve ;)

I love how people blame certain couples or characters like they dislike, but when it's someone they like, it's the bad writing.

There are characters on this show I hate, and also this idiotic dead baby storyline(which I would guess is probably a turn off for alot of people) but even I can't blame the bad ratings on them

• Members

GH is treading water while drowning. It is losing the audience gained from the car crash stunt and its 18 to 49 women demo is -.2 from last year. There isn't that much difference among GH, AMC and OLTL in this demo which is why ABC must have decided to try to make AMC and OLTL cheaper to produce with the move. I don't see how ABC can continue to produce these 3 soaps with these kinds of demos for much longer, maybe 2 to 3 more years at most.

For all the complaints about Y&R is the one soap that is holding its own in the 18 to 49 women demo. It will be around for a real long time.

• Members

I'm more offended by what they are having Annie do to Adam and by the decision to make Liza into some type of sex-hungry moron (who has decided the best thing to do after faking a pregnancy to win her daughter's love is to spend all her time chasing after a married man she had cheap sex with on a craps table) than I am by Zendall. The writing for them is terrible and it's clear Pratt is much more invested in Zach than Kendall, but this current story is less terrible than some of Pratt's other Zendall stories. I think AMC has even bigger problems at the moment.

• Members

I think Kendell is just the symptom of modern soap writing, which is take a character and write them into the ground non stop with never a stroll to the backburner so the ensemble can shine. AMC used to be like that, but like all the ABC soaps these days the concept of an ensemble is dead. And we see this poor writing style now on DOOL with the non-stop looking in on Nicole and EJ. It's bad writing which causes characters to wear out their potential years before they should.

Even at her height Erica's screen time was not so different from Palmer, Greg and Jenny, Cliff and Nina, Chuck, Mark, Benny, Phoebe and all the others. At least the disparity was not as great. Kendell, like Greenlee before her, is a nightmare that the show never seems to wake up from.

• Members

Or maybe if they actually promoted it. Duh!

You know what pisses me off about that storyline? Not the fact that it came out of left field (because why would Erica go off to do charity work while Kendall was in "jail").

The thing that pisses me off is that we kept reading quotes from Julie Carruthers on how they hired their own crew to shoot footage and that Erica was going to embark on a journey. But in the end we got crap. It was so short. And the next time we see Erica, she'll be back in Pine Valley.

I would've loved to see some beautiful exteriors of Africa and some alone moments with Erica where she's just reflecting on her life, reflecting on the mess that's going on at home, in addition to the footage shot for Feed the Children.

But we were short changed, again! :angry:

Archived