Aisha Tyler "Sworn to Secrecy" About When/Where Her Show Will Air

• Members

That depends on whether Frons/ABC Daytime actually cares about this show doing well or if they're just looking for an excuse to cancel OLTL. If it's the latter, they may still get rid of OLTL, and when Aisha's show flops, they can just shrug and put on some game show.

This "sworn to secrecy" stuff is very odd.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. However I see these events as related but not causal. There's going to be a soap canceled and there will need to be a replacement. Just because Tyler's show happens to be that replacement doesn't mean that she got the show canceled. It was history to begin with for simple business reasons.

• Members

This happens often with development deals. I don't know why this is so "odd" all of a sudden (well, I do. People are looking for any excuse to find a conspiracy theory). For instance, Rosie O'Donnell and Fran Drescher did a failed sitcom pilot back in the mid-1980's and weren't allowed to discuss it. When Drescher was a guest on Rosie's show, they briefly glossed over working together on a failed pilot they were "not allowed to talk about." It went 20 years without seeing the light of day until some cable network did a novelty block of sitcom pilots no one's ever seen. There also situations where there are possible other deals being made as well, and Aisha could have this is in second position with another show being in first position. Who knows?!

• Members

This is true. I ran into one of the actresses from MVP at Toronto Fashion Week in March and she said that the show would be coming back for a second season. Taping would have started in June, but she wasn't allowed to talk about where/when it would air (CBC had cancelled it here in Canada).

• Members

Carolyn1980, I think you're being an alarmist. You seem hellbent on buying into conspiracy theories about OLTL getting the ol' heave ho. Last I heard ABC was producing the show for syndication, not their own lineup.

• Members

Actually, I've done a complete 180 lately, unfortunately. Before DC turned out to be right about AMC's move to CA, I was one of the people saying ABC's soaps would all go out at once--and they'd likely be the last soaps standing. But now I realize ABC has to weed out its soaps just like any other network, because canceling all three at once would be a public relations nightmare. All signs point to OLTL being first, including the DC insdiers who were right about AMC's move to LA that was initially denied vehemently by ABC.

Archived