OLTL: Megan or Natalie…

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No contest: Megan.

Unlike Natalie, Megan was together. She was stylish, urbane, bold…without being bratty, and heroic…without being intrusive. Jessica Tuck is a superb actress and even then was very much in the same sophisticated vain as Erika Slezak. If she would have survived, Megan would have easily evolved into a Nu-school Viki.

Natalie is a joke by comparison. She still comes off like a teenager, while Megan was very much an adult.

• Members

Jessica Tuck is one of a kind. It's a shame she didn't go on to bigger fame.

I wouldn't say Jessica was on OLTL when OLTL was better written, but Rauch clearly loved her and showcased her nonstop in stories which tested her and built her up. Gottlieb brought out a more melancholy, self-destructive nature of her work.

I don't even want to compare her to Natalie because OLTL has been poorly written for almost all of Melissa Archer's tenure, and even worse than being poorly written, the production often showcases actors in a way which does them no favors, if they are showcased at all. Even one of her earlier stories, Niki trying to kill her, was foul. And then the "Jolie" black hole, as most women who are paired with John end up being slowly sucked dry.

I do think that the Natalie of the past few years has been a more cohesive and less useless character, even though she barely has airtime.

• Members

Megan without question. Jessica Tuck is a real actress not a soap actress. Has anyone been watching her on True Blood? Even in that small role, she sparkles.

I will never accept Natalie as Vicki's biological daughter. Jessica is Vicki's biological daughter with Clint. I watched her birth and watched her grow up. She was never molested by anyone so they can stick that ridiculous story where the sun don't shine. It is these kinds of intelligence insulting rewrites that chase viewers away in droves.

Also, to this day, I regret Erin Torpey leaving the role of Jessica. She was raw, but a million times a better actress than wretched Bree Williamson.

• Members

Well, to be fair, from what I remember about Meghan I still prefer her character to Natalie's. For me, it was a combination of Tuck and the writing then but I've never really cared for the Natalie character too much which, for me, has nothing to do with the actress.

• Members

I wasn't watching when Megan was originally around, my opinion is mostly based on the work I've seen on Youtube and Daytime to Remember.

I do like Natalie, I just think a huge amount of the material she's been given has been of poor quality.

• Members

Never watched Megan either and I probably prefer her to Natalie. IMO Natalie is a weak character, portrayed by a limited actress and her storylines are horrible. Maybe if they would have left her as Roxy's daughter it would have been better.

• Members

Well, I watched OLTL from before Megan showed up and it isn't being "mired in the past" to correctly point that Megan was a much better written character than Natalie. It helps that she was played by Jessica Tuck who is a superior actress in every way to the actress who plays Natalie. Just take a look at Jessica Tuck's work on Judging Amy and you will see that she is a real talent. I still have hope that Jessica's work on True Blood will lead her to getting more prominent roles.

• Members

I think that if a llama joined the cast as one of Viki's children, that after the first 15 minutes people would be more endeared to the llama than Natalie... but I mean c'mon... it's a llama.

so, now... the question is more than just Megan or Natalie, it's rate your favourite of Viki's children (assuming there had been a llama) between Megan, Natalie or Luna the Llama. I definitely say Megan, then Llama then Natalie. Also the Llama is a better actor than Kamar de los Reyes.

Todd does not rape the llama (because he knows its his niece... otherwise...). Jared and Luna run off to a farm together and live hapilly ever after.

Archived