GL:How Do You Want It To End

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the show should get the popular couples back together - Reva & Josh, Billy & Vanessa, Beth & Phillip, etc.

As for the last scene, I think it should be a very positive scene with lots of characters around with the closing words being Ed Bauer reciting the "There is a destiny" speech. Simple, but true to the history of the show.

• Members

I agree they should reunite all the couples.

Perhaps have Blake find out that Ross is alive too?

I wonder what was GL's first ever scene? Even though it was on radio, if the scene was scripted to start off with Rev. Rutledge turning on a lamp and displaying it in his window, I think that should be GL's final scene, ending the same way it began some 70 years ago.

• Members

The last few minutes: Screen goes black, cut to the ORIGINAL production model. Kim Zimmer wakes up on her dressing room couch in 2004 and runs into the EP's office, you only see the back of an executive's chair

KIM: Paul, I just had the worst dream that the EP was replaced with...

chair spins around. Ellen Wheeler is sitting in the chair, smoking a cigar

KIM: You.

ELLEN: Yes. Me. *Evil laugh*

KIM: What are you going to do to our show?

ELLEN: I'm going to kill it. *evil laugh*, and crushes cigar under her foot.

Fade to black.

At least negating ALL of Wheeler's tenure so that GL can be returned to its former prestige again in death.

• Members

psh are you kidding me? I'm just waiting for the revelation that GL doesn't get a finale because Wheeler took the last of the budget and left the country. All we'll get is 2 weeks of Kim Zimmer on Let's Make a Deal and then on the 18th of September, her singing "Only Love will Save the World" at the end of it.

• Members

In my head, I would want it to end with a big party at the lighthouse with Ed giving a toast incorporating the Reverend Ruthledge theme, then the final shot would be of the lighthouse, which fades out into a beautiful and poignant music montage. The final shot would be of Charita Bauer and the "Life itself is a miracle" speech to Josh. Then fade out to Jerry verDorn (Ross wouldn't even have to appear) and other important cast members over the years and we get to hear one final "Jerry speech."

• Members

I HOPE I'm wrong about this and the show actually does some flashbacks, but the general opinion is that there won't be any old GL flashbacks because of the way the show is shot now as opposed to back then. I'm not counting on flashbacks, but I sure do hope they mention former characters. I know that Nola mentions that Quint is on a dig but all accounts say that everything happens so fast that we'll be lucky if we get 1 more mention of Bert Bauer.

• Members

At this point, quickly!

Sorry but nothing really is happening on the show. It's all little 1 minute scenes over and over and over.

Phillip wants to spend time with James, he's going to tell the family he's sick, blah, blah...been going on for months now,

Same with Mallet/Marina Shane. Buzz, Frank, Cyrus. Reva talking to herself in that dam house.

Just kill it already.

Archived